FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Mmmm... getting used to Semi-Pro now. I can win pretty easily most of the time! I beat Liverpool 4-0 two times with Man utd on League mode, playing 4-2-2-2 formation or... 4-2-4 nearly lol!

Why twice? Well 80 minutes into the game, I got a dirty game error... and it restarted! And it wasn't bloody dirty at all! Anyone else had this problem?

Fifa 08 selling like hotcakes probably already posted not bothered to look back that far.

FIFA holds the number one spot in the PS2, PS3, PSP and Wii Charts, with the PS2 version also overtaking Halo 3 as this week's Individual Formats (Units) number one.

This is the third year in a row that FIFA topped the All Formats Chart for week number 40.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29380

On Game.uk.com it isnt top seller, or play.com.

lol androctonvs :D

Who has got promoted on manager mode, is there a cup presentation and crap?

Last edited:

Hi does anybody know how to get the downloads from the Ea sports world site onto Youtube.

I have downloaded them onto my computer and have an FLV player to play them - but I would like to put them on Youtube - but I have tried and it doesn't recognise the file?

Is there a way of trnafering the current FLV file to a file that is compatible on youtube?

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

I tried Super with a Skate FLV replay and it didn't work, have you actually converted one yourself with Super or just assumed it would work? I have another FLV converter (FLV to AVI easy converter) and that doesn't work either so EA must be using some kind of shitty proprietary FLV :(

Found out last night gamestores here won't get the stock until 12pm-2pm so I have another 3-5 hours to wait :cry:

^^More defenders backing off on crosses =( Even on semi-pro that, to me, is unacceptable.

Love the second goal though, great passing.

i gotta say this.
i downloaded the pes demo for pc, because i couldn't stand the wait.
i hated it, couldn't even play it.
fifa ruined pes for me, now i don't like any football game. argh...

finallygr4.jpg

Finally!!!!!!!

Hey guys, best football game ever only 1 annoying thing really.

The odd time when I do a long shot with Rooney for example I think wow what a goal then I see the keeper isn't even looking at the ball but facing the goal, it's not even a chip shot.

Does this happen a lot? I am playing on Semi Pro at moment does this make a difference to goalkeeper AI? Also have many people noticed it while playing 2 player offline/online?

Thanks.

Wow, what a disappointment...

To answer my own question a page or so back, there are

NO ENGLISH PLAY-OFFS IN FIFA 08

To make matters worse, only the top 2 go up a division - would not have been AS bad, if the top 4 went up, least it gives something more to aim for (I finished 5th with Doncaster BTW!).

This pretty much finishes the single-player game for me as I like playing with lower league English clubs. Considering I am struggling to get online matches with PS3, there is little left I want to play in this game.

I absolutely loved FIFA until that point. How can they do so much right, but leave this out? Un-forgiveable...

The PES demo sucked - I'm now hoping the PS3 version is tweaked and will play better than the PC demo, otherwise there will be no decent football game this year (for me) for the first time since I can remember!

Gutted...

after playing fifa for more then a week its getting faker and faker,goals that almost couldnt happen in real life.slow reactions from players and keepers and the most frustrating barca and manu 99% uses them.for me fifa is dead

after playing fifa for more then a week its getting faker and faker,goals that almost couldnt happen in real life.slow reactions from players and keepers and the most frustrating barca and manu 99% uses them.for me fifa is dead

u are so wrong, u just cant play it:lmao:

u are so wrong, u just cant play it:lmao:

He's right in most things he says, and a lot of people are starting to agree.

Oh yea, congrats Placebo! Glad you finally got your hands on it :) Looking forward to reading your impressions now and after a weeks time :)

He's right in most things he says, and a lot of people are starting to agree.

Oh yea, congrats Placebo! Glad you finally got your hands on it :) Looking forward to reading your impressions now and after a weeks time :)

not this person, fucken babies

not this person, fucken babies

What's with all of the insulting kids on this forum? Generally it's a really nice place and some very mature people. And then you get some idiots that throw insults around and act immature, bringing the place down.

If someone doesn't like the game and doesn't agree with you, don't insult them. Do you insult everyone who doesn't share your opinion? :roll:

Anyway, I'm not getting into this childish behavior.

I want a game to look as much like watching a match on TV as possible, that's one reason why I put Fifa ahead of PES because it looks and sounds far closer to a match on TV.

9 hours 17 mins to go!

I want the game to feel as much as playing football in real life. Thats why I always put PES ahead of FIFA.

Is anyone else having problems uploading videos on the PS3 version.
The first couple of times i tried it it worked fine (although i managed to miss the actual goal i was trying to upload both times:lol:) but since then i have only successfully uploaded 1 clip out of about 20 attempts.
It goes through the motions of preparing to upload and then uploading but always comes up with the error "the video did not upload properly - try again?"

Is it me or is this a widespread problem?

Blockbuster selling the PS3 40gb and FIFA for £300.

Is anyone else having problems uploading videos on the PS3 version.
The first couple of times i tried it it worked fine (although i managed to miss the actual goal i was trying to upload both times:lol:) but since then i have only successfully uploaded 1 clip out of about 20 attempts.
It goes through the motions of preparing to upload and then uploading but always comes up with the error "the video did not upload properly - try again?"

Is it me or is this a widespread problem?

Nope, exactly the same here with PS3. Havent even managed to upload 1 video.

The whole online structure of FIFA on PS3 sucks - waste so much time in the lobbies just tryng to start a match its crazy...

Nope, exactly the same here with PS3. Havent even managed to upload 1 video.

The whole online structure of FIFA on PS3 sucks - waste so much time in the lobbies just tryng to start a match its crazy...

Cheers mate - glad it's not just me. I do see lots of ps3 vids on the ea website though so i guess it works for some.

On the question of lobbies i find them very hit and miss - work fine sometimes and just hangs at the team selection others.

Rarely have a problem using quick ranked/unranked matches. Don't know if you have tried them.

I have had the same problem uploading replays.
last weekend I couldn't even play online (just 1 out of 10 matches I've created)
-> switched back to 360 -> no problems to upload replays, no problems to play online

Back
Top Bottom