FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Are we watching a match on TV, or are we playing the game for real, or are we playing a video game?

I want a game to look as much like watching a match on TV as possible, that's one reason why I put Fifa ahead of PES because it looks and sounds far closer to a match on TV.

9 hours 17 mins to go!

I want a game to look as much like watching a match on TV as possible, that's one reason why I put Fifa ahead of PES because it looks and sounds far closer to a match on TV.

9 hours 17 mins to go!

me too placebo... i want it to look like a tv broadcast...

its getting closer my man!!!

I keep forgetting to ask...

Can anyone clarify that there are no play-offs for the English leagues?

This will determine whether I bother carrying on playing manager mode.

If its not in, its the biggest flaw in FIFA for me and pretty inexcuseable....

me too placebo... i want it to look like a tv broadcast...

its getting closer my man!!!

Was thinking about this last night - for next year, I think EA should get licesnses for the broadcasts - i.e. English Prem games would have the Sky Sports type score boards and graphics etc.

Now that would be ace!

I've been calling everywhere and they are saying they aren't putting it out until the 10th!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

damn...nothing here in brazil neither, the PC version was released last friday though.
i evan left a message at OS aking if someone manage to buy it today...
just to see if is there a store selling it earlier, like it happens with many games(iclunding fifa european release.)
well i guess well have to wait than...(the problem is that im sick entire of waiting!!!! :()

This is the 2nd Fifa I have bought, dont tend to keep them long though. And already I can see me getting rid of this one. It is a good game, but because crossing the ball into the box from the wing is a waste of time, I am forced into playing through the middle, which is getting a bit samey. Also when you hit a shot it feels soft (if you know what I mean) the sound should be louder when you strike the ball, passing and shooting doesnt feel solid or that your striking the ball with any conviction. Heading is bollocks as well, same thing, it doesnt feel like your generating any power.

Why is crossing a waste of time? I probably score most of my goals this way.

This is quite true actually - another PES 'reinterpretation' of the game that indeed we had all became accustomed to - every single kick, pass and header was quite loud.
There's a fairly easy solution for both games:
First thing I would always do on PES was go into Sound Settings and turn the Commentary all the way up and then turn Sound Effects down to about 1/4 - this would tone down the annoyingly overdone 'boot' of the ball to something somewhat realistic (unfortunately the ref's whistle was hard to hear as well but it was a tradeoff).
Likewise the first thing I did with FIFA was go into Audio Settings and turn the PA, Player Calls and SFX volume down to half and then the Crowd volume down to one notch below half - this gives the best reproduction of the sound of an actual televised match in my opinion - crowd is still audible yet the announcers come thru very clear above the din and the sound of the ball being kicked is audible on booming keeper kicks and long balls and forceful strikes and clearances (and you can still hear the ref's whistle).
This is on 5.1 surround though and also my own personal preference so your mileage may vary - simply turn the SFX up a notch or two to your liking if you want to get that PES 'boom' of the ball back. ;)

Problem is though, in PES when you turn down the SFX, you lose most of the atmosphere and you can still hear that dang ball being kicked like a gong on short passes.

Where on earth did Konami get the idea to make the sound of the ball louder than it would be if you kicking it by yourself in an empty stadium????

FIFA has the SFX just about perfect.

Must be me, I like to hear the ball being kicked, and I love the noise when it hits the Woodwork (yes I know it's not wood, but to me it will always be the Woodwork, the upright or stanchion and bar)... It's very poor in Fifa08.

I keep forgetting to ask...

Can anyone clarify that there are no play-offs for the English leagues?

This will determine whether I bother carrying on playing manager mode.

If its not in, its the biggest flaw in FIFA for me and pretty inexcuseable....

It was in current-gen 05 cos I took Yeovil up by winning the playoffs, so I imagine it's in next-gen.

My question: From Jack's Arse - Sunderland video it looks like every time the computer crosses the ball into the box then Jack's players never challenge it, they just stand there and back off slightly while the computer gets a free header. Does that happen all the time?

Anyone got a video of gameplay?

There was a site/blog posted in here before that had a Liverpool v Everton gameplay video to download, ive forgot the site though lol, can anyone remember it?

Cheers

Hi does anybody know how to get the downloads from the Ea sports world site onto Youtube.

I have downloaded them onto my computer and have an FLV player to play them - but I would like to put them on Youtube - but I have tried and it doesn't recognise the file?

Is there a way of trnafering the current FLV file to a file that is compatible on youtube?

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Can't wait for some sort of gameplay patch, or do I have my hopes up too high.

There are plenty of simple things which ruin the game that could complete the thing if fixed.

I agree with the Proffesor. PES made me rush home from work/school to play, even in the shitty master league. FIFA doesn't, it's getting there. But PES this year is absoloutley diabolical. And that's probably the only reason I'll keep playing FIFA

Can't wait for some sort of gameplay patch, or do I have my hopes up too high.

There are plenty of simple things which ruin the game that could complete the thing if fixed.

I agree with the Proffesor. PES made me rush home from work/school to play, even in the shitty master league. FIFA doesn't, it's getting there. But PES this year is absoloutley diabolical. And that's probably the only reason I'll keep playing FIFA

Peter you have no chance mate.EA's exscuse for another game next year.

Any updates will be for online problems only.

Peter you have no chance mate.EA's exscuse for another game next year.

Any updates will be for online problems only.

Truth right there. Online bug fixes and 5v5 added, very much doubt we'll see much else.

i was playing a shit team on amateur mate, to get the space and time

Back
Top Bottom