FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

How is the game?

From the sounds of you guys, the single player is eh, but playing with friends and online is where it's at?

How's the online 5 on 5?

I'm thinking of getting it when it comes out in the states.

The computer cheats on the higher levels, they can turn on a sixpence and don't suffer from low response times. The controls are too fiddly for humans. But of course the computer is masterful at it. Multiplay is where its at.

Every AI team is exactly the same, no matter if it's Real Madrid or Accrington Stanley, it's the EXACT SAME AI MODEL. What a pathetic PILE OF WANK!!

Every cpu clearance is a pixel-perfect 60-yard pass. The "AI model" ALWAYS plays a long pass or cross that goes PERFECTLY to a team-mate. UTTER SHITE!! Haven't you ever heard of the concept of a long pass that goes INTO SPACE, rather than PERFECTLY TO A TEAM MATE?

Abismal!

I will always point out SHITE when I see it and FIFA08 REEKS OF SHITE!!

Also, they've copied EVERY SINGLE CPU CHEAT from PES! HAHAHAHA. O out of 10 for effort, tossers! Laughable piss!!

I actually agree with your beef.

However, its not as shit as you make out.

The AI is getting VERY repetitive. Doesn't matter what team or what players either.

One thing I am happy to see - no unrealistic defender catch up speed (i.e. Hyypia catching up to Ronaldo in PES). This was one of the things which I felt Konami shouldn't have messed with in PES - it practically became useless to have any pacey strikers/wingers :(

Right I got the videos ready and here they are, first three are about the keepers and the last, well the last is a special one just for winston, and probably the only one, he knows why ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VeXyxrVbD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2905zObIjk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmpOI2mTEE

Heres your one winston :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vDxtFP-Rg

See the computers do clear it wrongly once, ever, I was very lucky to get one, so I recorded it haha.

The keepers are annoying me now, because of that, it actually happens more often than not, probably happened before, but I wasnt really paying much attention probably. Its annoying like snoop said, you will cut back and the computer cut the same time and tacle you, also stray balls, for some reason they edge you to it, like they are faster no matter tha player, they respond soon aswell, and you cant tackle them as well they tackle you, I also noticed, well it seems they score when they want to, so its like in their control.

Another annoying thing, is when they intercept the ball, with the stupid stretch animation, and somehow they control it perfectly into their course and carry on, no like kick it away, they control it, they intercept a lot, I dunno if its cause they are somehow faster, or the ball is passed too slow all the time, the pace at times is definately too slow, you cant really whip the ball across the ground nicely. Meh!

Single player is boring and repetitive, but Ill keep playing so Saints win everything and to keep some sort of form for the leagues, also Manager mode is overhyped, its not as great as you think, transfers are awful, you cant offer for anyone like on PES, no more crazy bids, and hoping that an hard signing will come :( Only offer for certain ones on transfer list, all teams play the same, imo the mode is pretty crap cause of that. Unless someone knows how to offer for anyone.

Right I got the videos ready and here they are, first three are about the keepers and the last, well the last is a special one just for winston, and probably the only one, he knows why ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VeXyxrVbD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2905zObIjk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmpOI2mTEE

Heres your one winston :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8vDxtFP-Rg

See the computers do clear it wrongly once, ever, I was very lucky to get one, so I recorded it haha.

The keepers are annoying me now, because of that, it actually happens more often than not, probably happened before, but I wasnt really paying much attention probably. Its annoying like snoop said, you will cut back and the computer cut the same time and tacle you, also stray balls, for some reason they edge you to it, like they are faster no matter tha player, they respond soon aswell, and you cant tackle them as well they tackle you, I also noticed, well it seems they score when they want to, so its like in their control.

Another annoying thing, is when they intercept the ball, with the stupid stretch animation, and somehow they control it perfectly into their course and carry on, no like kick it away, they control it, they intercept a lot, I dunno if its cause they are somehow faster, or the ball is passed too slow all the time, the pace at times is definately too slow, you cant really whip the ball across the ground nicely. Meh!

Single player is boring and repetitive, but Ill keep playing so Saints win everything and to keep some sort of form for the leagues, also Manager mode is overhyped, its not as great as you think, transfers are awful, you cant offer for anyone like on PES, no more crazy bids, and hoping that an hard signing will come :( Only offer for certain ones on transfer list, all teams play the same, imo the mode is pretty crap cause of that. Unless someone knows how to offer for anyone.

Thank you thank you for enlightening us to Fifa's many flaws

Well in the first one it was going wide anyway so he should be grateful to get a corner out of nothing ;)

But in fairness to Seraph, despite his perhaps less than pure motives, what he shows is something that's quite wrong and should have been fixed by EA, thankfully it'll be fixed in the bug fix updates they'll release over Xbox Live/PSN*

*that would be the bug fix updates they release in the dreamland I live in where buying a game for £35 or whatever entitles you to receive bug fixes, as we all know EA don't give a shit once they've sold you their product so we won't get any bugs fixed other than the Ronaldihno roster bug and perhaps some of the PS3 freeze bugs.......

sorry some of you are talking out of your arse. if your going to winge all the time, sell it and buy PES 2008: Passing Missiles

This game is as realistic as console footy gaming gets. Plyed Wigan before with Liverpool, they took an early lead, i equalized through an own goal then scored a wicked winner, agger drilling it edge of the box off Babel and off the bar past the keeper, looked ace.

This game is great, great, great.

People who "whinge" aren't "talking out of their arse" mate, it's an opinion and that's it. I'm finding it not as good as other people, like yourself, yet it doesn't mean I'm talking out of my arse. Just my opinion. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, they aren't talking out of their arse :)

The computer cheats on the higher levels, they can turn on a sixpence and don't suffer from low response times. The controls are too fiddly for humans. But of course the computer is masterful at it. Multiplay is where its at.

Four sentences sum up what I think :)

Interesting videos Seraphs, some pretty dodgy animations there.

The honeymoon is over with me, but that isn't to say FIFA isn't a VERY good game. It's certainly heading in the right direction since FIFA 07, UCL and now 08. I hope the good work continues even though Joe Booth has left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regarding the teams being all the same.

I think that's not entirely true.

Yesterday I played as United against Aston Villa on Legendary and I got beat 4-0.

So I then played against Bury and I won 5-1.

So there must be some differences.

Regarding the teams being all the same.

I think that's not entirely true.

Yesterday I played as United against Aston Villa on Legendary and I got beat 4-0.

So I then played against Bury and I won 5-1.

So there must be some differences.

I think all the teams play the same too, though obviously with varying skill differences. They all play the same style of football, more often than not they attack down my wing too. Regardless if you're playing Real Madrid, Stoke City or Rangers. Always the same style and play.

See I'd class that as a goalkeeper being dodgy, no offense mate :) But in real life a keeper would've jumped up to try and tip it over the bar, not ran backwards before attempting a pathetic attempt at a dive.

Fair point :lol:

Just watching FIFA videos after watching PES 2008 videos and it's incredible how realistic FIFA looks. PES really does look like something off Nickelodeon.

I tried playing the PES demo last night after FIFA and hated PES. It's odd to think PES has been pretty much the same game for years, and this is the game we've all loved for years.

Master League Fanatic hey? You wanna try Manager Mode, it would blow your mind :)

^^Snoop^^ said:
PES really does look like something off Nickelodeon.
:lmao: You've hit the nail on the head mate!!!

Even if they have fixed the pace and gameplay, then it just still doesn't look right, it has got that cartoony look.

Besides the fuckin annoying response times and the fact that the CPU can have the most amazing close control going at times the game feels amazing. I am not quite so sure on PES this year...

Yep, it's the small things that push me away from FIFA 08. BUT those small things are very easily fixed I imagine. Fix those in a patch (it won't happen, I know) and we've got the perfect football simulation game. Okay, not perfect, but you know what I mean :)

Loving the game so far. Way better IMO than PES2008 on the 360 which is so fast it's stupid. Definitely buying FIFA 08 for the 360 based upon the demo.

Back
Top Bottom