FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

What half-length do you guys play?

I'm playing 6 minutes currently.

I play very deliberate and tactical (and also with Serie A league) so 10 minutes so far has worked out pretty well for me - generally get 7-12 shots on goal and the longer time setting allows for a real ebb and flow to the game and also for fatigue and subs to truly come into play.
Being that a lot of folks here tho probably are used to playing more frenetic football (ala PES) and also likely use Premiership teams, I would guess the majority are playing 5 to 7 and would scoff at 10.

Playing it drunk at 2am, with a bunch of mates, on a huge TV, is awesome. I wanna do that again...

EDIT: still no email from EASportsWorld

can someone breakdown the assisted vs. semi shooting settings?

is ASSISTED like PES where you decide what area of the goal you want (left, right, center) and the game decides where to put it based on a variety of factors, or is what i just described the SEMI setting? i'd like to have some control over my aim, but I still suck really badly with MANUAL shooting.

Screw this online for fuck sake.. i was owning the number 10 of the world with 5-1!! and that fucker disconnected in the last minute of the second half..

That's it i wont play this anymore online.. bunch of cheaters in this game is verry high.

Until they bring in a system of frying your PC or console if you cheat online, it will always be a cheat fest no matter what you play, live life based on the premise everybody else is scum...
Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I had the best time online with Burnout Revenge I think I've ever had with any game before, up until the point I got into the top 1000 - then it was just a bunch of lag-cheats and scumbags. I was gutted but people will gladly spend their time cheating rather than playing a game if it means getting to the top. Even if there's no prize for it and no actual point in it.

No game that I know of (at least on the Xbox 360) keeps cheats away. Bear in mind companies want everyone to buy their game, including the cheats, so they're not going to ban it. Say 5% are cheats, 5% of £10m is £500,000. Or, 5% of £100m is £5m. They're not going to risk losing that kind of money in angry refunds from nerds, just to please the other 95% who will keep the game regardless.

Rapidly going off single-player I must say. It's not fun, no matter how much I try to enjoy it. The CPU isn't worth playing, too many flaws and the CPU reacting at superhuman speeds to what happens on the pitch although your players don't. Perfect example is running down the wing. If I run down the wing and then cut back, the CPU cuts back EXACTLY the moment I do. How on earth would the opposition player know I was going to cut back at that EXACT moment in real life? He wouldn't. When the CPU runs down the wing and cuts back, I don't know he's going to cut back, so how does the CPU?

Far too much advantage given to the CPU and it's ruining the game for me now. I've tried and tried to love the game, I really have. But it's getting me down too much, no matter how much I leave it and come back, or change levels. The CPU cheats enough on Pro, so I hate to think what it's like on Legendary.

Online only game I'm afraid, single player is finished for me.

:(:cry:Snoop what a shame mate, i feel for you mate i really do and I understand completely what you are talking about.

The old marmite syndrome is prevelant in many games but none more so than this.

You have given it a good go and I look forward to playing you online:8):

:(:cry:Snoop what a shame mate, i feel for you mate i really do and I understand completely what you are talking about.

The old marmite syndrome is prevelant in many games but none more so than this.

You have given it a good go and I look forward to playing you online:8):

Aye, I'll still be around for online games, leagues and cups :)

Every AI team is exactly the same, no matter if it's Real Madrid or Accrington Stanley, it's the EXACT SAME AI MODEL. What a pathetic PILE OF WANK!!

Every cpu clearance is a pixel-perfect 60-yard pass. The "AI model" ALWAYS plays a long pass or cross that goes PERFECTLY to a team-mate. UTTER SHITE!! Haven't you ever heard of the concept of a long pass that goes INTO SPACE, rather than PERFECTLY TO A TEAM MATE?

Abismal!

I will always point out SHITE when I see it and FIFA08 REEKS OF SHITE!!

Also, they've copied EVERY SINGLE CPU CHEAT from PES! HAHAHAHA. O out of 10 for effort, tossers! Laughable piss!!

Last edited:

Every AI team is exactly the same, no matter if it's Real Madrid or Accrington Stanley, it's the EXACT SAME AI MODEL. What a pathetic PILE OF WANK!!

Every cpu clearance is a pixel-perfect 60-yard pass. The "AI model" ALWAYS plays a long pass or cross that goes PERFECTLY to a team-mate. UTTER SHITE!! Haven't you ever heard of the concept of a long pass that goes INTO SPACE, rather than PERFECTLY TO A TEAM MATE?

Abismal!

I will always point out SHITE when I see it and FIFA08 REEKS OF SHITE!!

They've copied EVERY SINGLE CPU CHEAT from PES! HAHAHAHA. O out of 10 for effort, tossers!

Thats a bit harsh Winston.

There are elements that piss me off but not to the extent that it seems to have gotten to you.

I seem to have alot of problems playing a ball into space behind the CPU defence.

Thats a bit harsh Winston.

No, it's the truth, and it's about time that it was highlighted.

Please, if someone has a video of the cpu team booting a ball clear into touch rather than a perfect 50 yard pass, please post the video.

It is clear to me that this game has a single AI model that EVERY AI team adheres to and EA have been utterly one-dimensional and negligent in their "efforts" to create a plausible AI.

What's the point in having a full English League of 90+ teams when EVERY TEAM IS EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME!??!

my only gripe is that not all teams in fifa 08 have goalkeeper kits, can't understand why they are not in, does anybody know why that is?

also would be nice if their was a cheat so you could get unlimited points and then buy all the extra boots and 3rd kits, i have no patience lol

Screw this online for fuck sake.. i was owning the number 10 of the world with 5-1!! and that fucker disconnected in the last minute of the second half..

That's it i wont play this anymore online.. bunch of cheaters in this game is verry high.

I don't see the big deal as the game handles it well. You're awarded the victory anyway and if you have an x-box you can leave negative feedback for the guy.

my only gripe is that not all teams in fifa 08 have goalkeeper kits, can't understand why they are not in, does anybody know why that is?

also would be nice if their was a cheat so you could get unlimited points and then buy all the extra boots and 3rd kits, i have no patience lol

word.
but i get tired from customizing my fave players, only to have to do it again everytime the squads get updated.

sorry some of you are talking out of your arse. if your going to winge all the time, sell it and buy PES 2008: Passing Missiles

This game is as realistic as console footy gaming gets. Plyed Wigan before with Liverpool, they took an early lead, i equalized through an own goal then scored a wicked winner, agger drilling it edge of the box off Babel and off the bar past the keeper, looked ace.

This game is great, great, great.

Airjoca that song stands out for me aswell, its the one song I ever really recognise, oh and the Travis song and another weird one, think its a woman singing, but thats the main one.

Tbh for me, these songs I would never get hyped up to play football for, besides that one maybe, but it needs some more tempo, probably just me, but I dont listen to the music anyway, I try go straight into the game.

Also game without cheats if not not many, Halo 2 and Halo 3 they are very good at detecting and ejecting cheaters, well in Halo 2 they definately were.

Ive got my own problem, I should have more goals scored, and also let one goal in atleast, with the keepers making seemingly amazing saves, but they cheat. I will post all soon ;) And wil try and get a vid of the comp clearing the ball not to a person.

Back
Top Bottom