FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

do some kick ups then rotate the right stick either way - one way does the flip flap the other makes you flip your leg over the ball and then keep kicking it up

it is a very nice tutorial but don´t have that skill that i´m talking about!!
it´s a kind of roulette without touch in the ball and then after he touches in the ball!!
watch the move that i post!!
it´s beautiful but i just see this move in this video...
must be very difficult to do this!!

how can i change my favorite team i got feyenoord but i want bristol rovers as starting team but i cant find that option arghhh

It's in your profile options, you can access it again through the settings menu.

Well that's fucking shit. You can't do a Champions league. You can't custom select the teams in a tournament. You can only choose which leagues are in the Tournament. That's a fucking outrage.

EDIT: Nevermind you can. I'm a spastic

Last edited:

Noted, you can select custom teams in a custom tournament. I've made a custom Champions League myself, it's what I play offline with mates. You can even put each team in their actual group!

Select any two leagues at the start of the tournament creation process (as long as the total teams number is 32+), then you can individually select each team, press X on 360 (I think it's X, it's one of the buttons anyway) and replace each team with any that you like, from any league.

EDIT: Yes, you are. But at least you have a 360, ARGH, why did mine have to blow up this week...

Last edited:

anyone know how to do this skills that start in the second 00:10 and the other that start in the second 00:14 from this video???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D27YCKndaYo

they are beautiful!! but i don´t have any idea how to do that!!!

great game!!
can´t wait for full release!!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap!!! :eek: :shock:

That's a $hitload of different moves incorporated in this game and the clip isn't even a full minute.

FIFA seems to have a lot of tricks and dribbles possible to do once you learn it which is cool.

Does anyone else feel like in denial when playing this game?

I've played a couple of games straight - and can't believe how much I'm liking it. This is so unlike what I know is FIFA it's unbelievable.

It still has some flaws - such as player selection. Sometimes, I can have a player right next to the ball but I can't control him (even by tapping LB frantically). Also, when I play it, I can't get rid of that iffy feeling as I've always associated FIFA owners as being kids :(

There is no denying that PES is still excellent. In fact, without the konami games, I doubt we'll see FIFA go in the direction we are experiencing at the moment.

I hope to see that people here remain as fans of football rather than of a particular game series. I can imagine many here will probably praise this game if it was badged with a PES title rather than FIFA tbh.

Question and I have yet to get the game:((US)

Are the adboards ALL JUST the fifa.com/need for speed etc or do they change to like something more realsitic?

I've played a couple of games straight - and can't believe how much I'm liking it. This is so unlike what I know is FIFA it's unbelievable.

It still has some flaws - such as player selection. Sometimes, I can have a player right next to the ball but I can't control him (even by tapping LB frantically). Also, when I play it, I can't get rid of that iffy feeling as I've always associated FIFA owners as being kids :(

There is no denying that PES is still excellent. In fact, without the konami games, I doubt we'll see FIFA go in the direction we are experiencing at the moment.

I hope to see that people here remain as fans of football rather than of a particular game series. I can imagine many here will probably praise this game if it was badged with a PES title rather than FIFA tbh.

That's good to hear mate!

I really cannot beleive that EA didn't fix the player seleccion locking flaw.

Hey mate, I love your avatar. I actually still have that game and play it every once in a while.

Instead of frantically tapping LB why don't you just use the right stick to select the player you want?

because that also doesn't work. it's a bug. you can't switch to ANY different player, let alone the one you want. i've seen it countless times on well CPU-defended corners where they head it out of the penalty area yet my AMF, who is 5 m from the ball, refuses to be selected for the rebound volley/pass/header/etc.

I am still enjoying this game and I have played it non-stop for over a week. I bought FIFA 07 last year and hated it after 2 days.

Manager Mode with PSG is awesome fun! :)

That's probably the best news because I didn't like fifa 07 much after 2 days of it

Last edited:

Every time i want to play online, the game forces me to upload the squads on every match, i have downloaded the most recent squads already, so what is happening? Do you experience the same? It's really annoying!

wot just cos of a few skills, its better than PES?

Personally i think they made the skills to hard to do anyway.. I mean u have to move the player with the left analog stick whilst holding down the sprint button and then move the right analog stick aswell.. Certainly aint easy to do and on the top level, down right impossible in some cases..

Last edited:

Every time i want to play online, the game forces me to upload the squads on every match, i have downloaded the most recent squads already, so what is happening? Do you experience the same? It's really annoying!
keep ronaldinho in the arena and then it will be ok

wot just cos of a few skills, its better than PES?

Personally i think they made the skills to hard to do anyway.. I mean u have to move the player with the left analog stick whilst holding down the sprint button and then move the right analog stick aswell.. Certainly aint easy to do and on the top level, down right impossible in some cases..

You're slightly wrong mate, it's not the sprint button it's the close control button you hold :) And I like the tricks being hard to do, otherwise the game would be a trick-fest online.

Nice post as usual Rocky.

Open-minded and well said.

I'm exactly the part in bold. I care about footie in general and therefore the most realistic football experience I can get out of a video-game.

I don't care about the EA vs. Konami battle and certainly feel no loyalty to either one. I've been playing PES for years but will have no problem whatsoever switching over to FIFA this year if I find it better.

That's why like I told JB today, I'm gonna try both FIFA 08 and PES 2008 when I can get my hands on them (so far I haven't tried neither) and then decide which I'll be investing my time with.

because every day they update the squads

Are you sure about that? Are they fixing any of the wrong appearances? If so that'd be great news as they might actually fix the abominably wrong Etienne Esajas, but if you check your latest roster and see that Akpo Sodje is still at Port Vale and not at Sheffield Wednesday then they definitely aren't updating the rosters as that transfer still hadn't been made with the updated transfers roster they released......

I'm minding my girlfriends house for three nights next week, with no broadband access, so I'll get some quality time on single-player, hopefully I'll be used to the CPU by then :) But after playing manager mode a lot last night, I'm already finding I'm playing better against the CPU (albeit on Pro level).

I'm minding my girlfriends house for three nights next week, with no broadband access, so I'll get some quality time on single-player, hopefully I'll be used to the CPU by then :) But after playing manager mode a lot last night, I'm already finding I'm playing better against the CPU (albeit on Pro level).

Try to position your player that you are in control of to the player you think he is going to pass to next whilst holding the CPU pressure button.It works for me.

Sounds like you dropped the skill level snoop and its helping a bit;)

because every day they update the squads,like in real life depends on injurys etc.

Are you sure they're putting out updates every day? I thought they were just updating them in-house and would release the next update in January?

Instead of frantically tapping LB why don't you just use the right stick to select the player you want?

That's not always practical as it cycles through every player on it's way to the one you want to select. Sometimes I'm stuck controlling a guy 4 or 5 players away from the action and by the time I've used right stick, the ball has moved on. It's an annoyance, but not a game ruining annoyance.

Another annoyance (and I'd love to know if there's a solution) is when you pass to a player who is closer to you than the defender but for some reason he decides to run right past the defender as soon as you pass the ball allowing the opposing player to easily intercept.

Back
Top Bottom