FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

so in the video you offered mascherano less than what he earns and he accepted!?

I did the video in a bit of a rush to get it on the site, did it say he was on lots more? Didn't notice!

EDIT: Oh yeah! He's accepted almost half of his current wages - that's really bad actually, I've not had that happen to me before. Usually they want at least what they're on currently. :eh:

Last edited:

:lmao: Funny motto there Joe! :lol: Truth is always the best though ;)

Been playing online again this evening, unbeaten in quite a while now. I'm ranked 737 online overall. Been winning 3-0 and 4-0 mostly.

Played Joe and won 3-0, then played Bitter Rivals and won 2-0. Then beat a few random guys 4-0, 4-0 and 2-0 :)

Been scoring for fun as you can see, and scored two cracking goals. This beauty vs Bitter Rivals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g_Sam6Jsaw

And this against a random guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFtVdKSofb8

:)

nice tim. I just cant get my shooting right, and my aiming. Finding it very difficult

who said there aren't cards for keepers ?
Following thing just happened:
- long ball towards my box
- pressed /\ to get the keeper to the ball
- Wiese touched the ball with his hands !!! but moved out of the box
-> he awarded a yellow for this (just be red normally)

---> handplay & cards for keepers are in

Unfortunally I couldn't record it it, as I get an upload error all the time

:lmao: Funny motto there Joe! :lol: Truth is always the best though ;)

Been playing online again this evening, unbeaten in quite a while now. I'm ranked 737 online overall. Been winning 3-0 and 4-0 mostly.

Played Joe and won 3-0, then played Bitter Rivals and won 2-0. Then beat a few random guys 4-0, 4-0 and 2-0 :)

Been scoring for fun as you can see, and scored two cracking goals.

:)

Are you using Assisted for shooting? ;)

I've tried using Manual shooting but I keep on missing from 5 yards sometimes and sometimes I hit a long rangecracker of the post, very unpredictable. Back to semi auto for me.

Last edited:

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS......................Has anybody had tyrouble uploading videos straight from the replay options.

I have tried t least 10 times and I always get the message that it did not upload properly.

Still loving it but that feature is feckin shit.

Following thing just happened:
- long ball towards my box
- pressed /\ to get the keeper to the ball
- Wiese touched the ball with his hands !!! but moved out of the box
-> he awarded a yellow for this (just be red normally)

Unfortunally I couldn't record it it, as I get an upload error all the time

Seen this too, Cardiff goaly came out to collect ball and was booked because he handled outside the box. FK to me on edge of box. Blazed over :lol:

Made my first Fifa purchase since Fifa'95 earlier today with FIFA08. Overall, very impressive.

It takes a bit of time to get used to - but once you do, it feels like you've only scratched the surface.

Have any of you experienced guys found any goal bugs yet? i.e. methods that'll always get you goals and, frankly, ruin games? That is what is annoying me about PES at the moment - the cutback goal is ruining it!

Well I havent so far...been playing since release. Occasionally when a low ball is put in the box you will have difficulty selecting the correct defender quick enough...but im starting to react a bit faster and prevent more crosses coming in so it hasnt happend in a while. Only ever happend twice actually :)

You are sticking one of your defenders on the post right?

no I do nothing. I am pressing :square: but thats all what I do. I have no chance. whenever there is a fk its in. and I do get fk against me without even doing sliding tackles.

Im so weird...

I complain it gets boring, but I always come back and carry on, guess its determination to make saints amazing! :D

Does anyone know when exactly the pro mode is goin online?

Im so weird...

I complain it gets boring, but I always come back and carry on, guess its determination to make saints amazing! :D

Does anyone know when exactly the pro mode is goin online?

You have been complaining about it from the beginning:lol:

no I do nothing. I am pressing :square: but thats all what I do. I have no chance. whenever there is a fk its in. and I do get fk against me without even doing sliding tackles.
Same here. 80% of ALL free kicks I get against me within 30 meters is a goal. Doesn't matter where the free kick is. This is totally ruining the game for me, and PES is probably gonna be my game this year also. After playing FIFA every day since it's release, the bugs just come more and more often, and they f**k up the experience. Free kicks, dodgy goalkeepers, player switching problems, responsiveness etc. It's just too much now.

I never concede them because I dont give away free kicks in sight of my goal, therein is a lesson.

Well WTF am I doing up this late on the forums...................yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.........better go to bed and prepare for the days manager mode.I have decided to up the difficulty at each promotion so should end up on WC in the premiership.

Anyway still madly in love with the game even after our recent fall out.

night, night all:drunk:

I got a keeper save, im going to upload it, it pissed me off, I was winning 1-0 fair enough, but I couldnt score with anything there after, I also got the goal I scored that game was quite nice :D

But with keeper saves like the one I got, no wonder I didnt :)

hey guys i dont know if its me could some one try and confirm this for me i find my players are way more responsive when i pass the ball and hold finese button can any one confirm this?

Well stick a defender on the post, help the keeper out, it's not brain surgery ;)

We didn't say there aren't cards, we said keepers can't get sent off, which they can't, try doing that twice in a match, he won't get sent off.......

I'm trying to bring Leeds back to the Premier in Manager Mode.
  • Currently third in CC League One @ mid season.
  • World Class level.
  • Have deservedly lost only two matches and have undeservedly won and drawn a few :)
  • My team, originally 1 1/2 stars is now 3 stars. I've signed almost every single free player with overall stats 65 and above. Are they always happy to join??? or is it just because it's Leeds???.
  • Scout brought a few other quality players under $500k (some South American players rock for the money ;))
  • Loaned most of the young guns.
  • Using the rest of the money to upgrade the squad.
  • Whenever I see a player with low or "poor" morale, I include him in the starting line-up.
  • I'm not using the sprint button.
  • I always use two player pressure (when I have two or more defenders near the ball)
  • I don't use tricks (I just can't).
  • I'm in love with this game.
Mind you I'm still waiting for one of you biatches to let me know whether or not FIFA 08 is system-link compatible.

Big THANKS to Play M for the great tips ;)

Back to my console

Ok guys,it seems everytime the CPU gets a free-kick he gonna score 98% of the time no matter who is the player:roll: (with C;Ronaldo is 100%)so can someone give a tip to counter that please?

ok!! i will try one advice!!
i don´t have have the full game yet!!
i´m just still playing the demo and the free kicks problems seems to be solved letting the set in one of the players in the wall and pressing the X button ( new control in X360) when player will shoot!!!
i don´t know if this always help but since i start to do that i did not take more free kicks!! even versus barça and man united!!!
so, i guess then you should try!!!

sorry my bad english!!

Really enjoying this game especially in career mode.One question though that I would like confirmed.Is it not possible to play any tournament mode where you and a mate can control seperate teams.This does seem to be completely nuts if its been left out.Ta very much.

Was getting so pissed off last night - I had about four disonnections from other people. I was Juventus and they were Barcelona usually and everytime I was winning they cut off!! I reported a few - but it really pissed me off!!

It pisses me off because I usually go Ajax or a 3-4 star team. My Statistics are shit - played 47 won 17 (SOmething like that) lost the rest (Mainly on penalties I may add!!) but I don't give a shit - I just want a good game. So it just fucking grates when I finally am winning and they cut off. I was 3 nil up one time (Lovely goals) and then after it being lag free it was a lag fest!!! and then he cut off when he couldn't score - disgraceful!!

I always quit if my opponent seems to be choosing Barcelona. Always. I don't care if they pick anyone else...so long as it's not Barcelona. I think that you avoid a lot of the idiots this way.

Of course.....no doubt there's lots of spanish barcelona fans complaining that online doesn't work and always seems to disconnect prior to a march. lol

Back
Top Bottom