FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Was getting so pissed off last night - I had about four disonnections from other people. I was Juventus and they were Barcelona usually and everytime I was winning they cut off!! I reported a few - but it really pissed me off!!

It pisses me off because I usually go Ajax or a 3-4 star team. My Statistics are shit - played 47 won 17 (SOmething like that) lost the rest (Mainly on penalties I may add!!) but I don't give a shit - I just want a good game. So it just fucking grates when I finally am winning and they cut off. I was 3 nil up one time (Lovely goals) and then after it being lag free it was a lag fest!!! and then he cut off when he couldn't score - disgraceful!!

I was so pissed off I thought I would choose a shit team and see if the scummy people still chose the big teams. I chose Shamrock Rovers they have half a star rating!! The guy then chose AC Milan!!!!! Cunt!!

The great thing was I WON!!! 1-0 in extra time. He didn't even have a shot on goal in the first half and I had possession of 60%.

The game finished and I had about 3 more shots on goal with possession of 59%.

The boy got dominated!! - Fair dos to him though he was one of the very few that didn't disconnect.

I think I am ready for the Evo Web Premierleague - Bring it on baby. You lot better pray I don't get a shit team :-)

Was getting so pissed off last night - I had about four disonnections from other people. I was Juventus and they were Barcelona usually and everytime I was winning they cut off!! I reported a few - but it really pissed me off!!

It pisses me off because I usually go Ajax or a 3-4 star team. My Statistics are shit - played 47 won 17 (SOmething like that) lost the rest (Mainly on penalties I may add!!) but I don't give a shit - I just want a good game. So it just fucking grates when I finally am winning and they cut off. I was 3 nil up one time (Lovely goals) and then after it being lag free it was a lag fest!!! and then he cut off when he couldn't score - disgraceful!!

I was so pissed off I thought I would choose a shit team and see if the scummy people still chose the big teams. I chose Shamrock Rovers they have half a star rating!! The guy then chose AC Milan!!!!! Cunt!!

The great thing was I WON!!! 1-0 in extra time. He didn't even have a shot on goal in the first half and I had possession of 60%.

The game finished and I had about 3 more shots on goal with possession of 59%.

The boy got dominated!! - Fair dos to him though he was one of the very few that didn't disconnect.

I think I am ready for the Evo Web Premierleague - Bring it on baby. You lot better pray I don't get a shit team :-)

Well done for sticking it out against Milan :applause:

Isnt the thing on the left direction pad smething like defence attack? Not offside trap, if you go into tactics, you can see it has defense attack, and what it does, is push all your defence up, and also one of your centre backs go way up with the strikers basically, guess good for corners, free kicks, crosses etc.

Well I think thats what it is.

:lol: Yea, nice win mate!

One of my games last night, I was hovered over Chelsea, then he went for Notts County, so I thought fuck it and selected Chelsea, he was shite, and i was 2-0 up within 25 mins, then he quit. I got the win :)

I'll swap you if you get Chelsea then :)

Definately - I don't want to be Chelsea, Man U or Tottenham. Although its a draft thingy isn't it? so you choose your team depending on how early you are picked?

Any way I don't want to be any of those 3 - but I'm sure they will be gone before I get to choose anyway.

Isnt the thing on the left direction pad smething like defence attack? Not offside trap, if you go into tactics, you can see it has defense attack, and what it does, is push all your defence up, and also one of your centre backs go way up with the strikers basically, guess good for corners, free kicks, crosses etc.

Every direction on the d-pad is a different tactic, you can assign them before each match in the menus if you want. But default for OT - offside trap, is left!

I haven't tried that push defender up yet, but I have heard about it. May well try it later :)

Definately - I don't want to be Chelsea, Man U or Tottenham. Although its a draft thingy isn't it? so you choose your team depending on how early you are picked?

Any way I don't want to be any of those 3 - but I'm sure they will be gone before I get to choose anyway.

Yea that's it mate, draft system. Bet I'm number 20 :(

One of my games last night, I was hovered over Chelsea, then he went for Notts County, so I thought fuck it and selected Chelsea, he was shite, and i was 2-0 up within 25 mins, then he quit. I got the win :)

Do you get the win if they disconnect? - as It doesn't show up in My stats when it shows the games I've played?

I always pick my team based on who the other player chooses. If he chose Notts County, I'd have changed teams I reckon.

I have almost got to the point of giving up with this game alltogether... At times it feels pretty good, other times it feels like unresponsive shit. Also how come the CPU players always control the ball perfectly? Make the perfect of tackles EVERYTIME I get near them? There back four is hardly ever in a mix up (even against a lower league side) and yet my players cant control the ball for SHITTTT! they also move just too damn slow! It kills the game for me to be honest as I have tried allsorts to keep hold of the ball but just simply cant do it. CPU players rob me of the ball sooo easily and especially when 99% of the deflections seem to go back to them (happens in PES all the time too!).

Seriously EA have got the makings of a great Next Gen football experience but they then go and spoil it with god awful response times and pathetic ball control system for YOUR players.... :( Another FIFA to not play for months and months on end!

Looks like I wont be bothering with football games for this year. Time to get out one of the old PES's for PS2 I think

NO, the button are (PS3) classic

left- Offside
right- Central defender ofensiv
up- Winger goes wide offensiv
down- Team pressing

this is my config!

Tim the offside trap does work you just have to time it right but if they dont pass your fucked :)

So timing and reading the pass is essential, if you cant read read a pass dont try it

Guys, I read the FIFA 08 manual whilst the missus cut my toenails last night. It specifically says "NOT to hold the dash button as it should only be used in certain situations." THIS is why the game was getting on so many peoples nerves. Everyone was playing it like PES. The manual has got some really good tips. :)

It doesn't make the gameplay anymore responsive really without the dash imo. There's still lag between button pressing and action. I am actually finding games getting a bit samey now. And i still haven't managed an offensive header from a corner.
I don't reckon i'll be playing this in a years time, like most PES.

Guys, how the hell do i talk to the person i am playing online??
Ive paired my bluetooth earpiece to my PS3, and set my accessories to use the earpiece as both my microphone and my incoming audio device. When i go into the lobbies, my name has a headset icon against it, when i play someone with the same icon against them i still cant talk to them!!..any ideas???

It doesn't make the gameplay anymore responsive really without the dash imo. There's still lag between button pressing and action. I am actually finding games getting a bit samey now. And i still haven't managed an offensive header from a corner.
I don't reckon i'll be playing this in a years time, like most PES.

You HAVE to push the left-stick AGAINST the player who is marking you to score/defend from a corner. :)

Guys, I read the FIFA 08 manual whilst the missus cut my toenails last night. It specifically says "NOT to hold the dash button as it should only be used in certain situations." THIS is why the game was getting on so many peoples nerves. Everyone was playing it like PES. The manual has got some really good tips. :)

Wtf are you talking about? "Everyone was playing it like PES." PES players has known this for years. When I played PES for the first time, I noticed I couldn't play it like FIFA with holding the run button all the time.

I've played a few guys online in PES who use the run button all the time. They are very easy to beat.

The "cpu cheats" become less noticable the more i learn to play and release the sprint and A button. They are miscontrolling the ball, they are getting booked and giving fouls away. I played middlesbrough in the league and every other pass they did was coming back to me!

Im starting to notice little things in replays like WHY I wasnt given a foul when they tackle me, you can only see the little touches they do close up in replays! Same goes the other way, sometimes ive won a FK and thought "why? he tackled me fine" only to see he missed the ball an it was me who kicked it :)

Lovely stuff :D

I finally got my copy yesterday on the PS3. I am loving the game. Definitely better than the demo. Only had a chance to play 3 games. Lost them all, but I did score in my first game with a cracker from Saha from about 25 yards out. What a beauty. I actually won't get to play it again until maybe Saturday night. Going to a college football game this weekend. I don't see all the problems people are talking about, but I know I've only played 3 games. I am playing with everything on manual.

Wtf are you talking about?

yahtzee_logo.jpg

I have seen back heels but genrally it depens on the players position when you pass the ball.

Is it one of them automatic moves then and you cant physically pull one off yourself?. Im loving Manager mode, im unbeaten in 7 now on pro level with Valencia.:)

Back heels depend on your position with the ball.

Anyway, back to manager mode for me.

Back
Top Bottom