FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

lol cheeky sod, shes on myspace lol, search for her, Sonman probably meant another tourny that hes champ in cus i doubt he would lie about that vcus he was on tv lol, hes a good player tho, i was well lucky to have one that game in the semi

What's the MySpace link? Or her name? :D

Hey guys, this may seem a but simple.. but the simple moves are always the most effective. I reckon the best tip I can give to be successful at FIFA on pro or better is to use the left and right bumper buttons for close control and rarely use run.

Try moving and holding the bumper buttons then as soon as the opposition makes a challenge, pass the ball. You'll find your pass is also more accurate. Run should be used rarely... only really down the wings as I find the run animation lags a bit and takes ages to get out of.

Hey guys, this may seem a but simple.. but the simple moves are always the most effective. I reckon the best tip I can give to be successful at FIFA on pro or better is to use the left and right bumper buttons for close control and rarely use run.

Try moving and holding the bumper buttons then as soon as the opposition makes a challenge, pass the ball. You'll find your pass is also more accurate. Run should be used rarely... only really down the wings as I find the run animation lags a bit and takes ages to get out of.

Cheers. Mostly tips given already but appreciate your contribution :)

lol thanks, shes on work experience at the minute, doing my head in, she thinks shes 18 lol

LOL @ Snoop - calm down mate, be cool. ;)

Does she know the REAL interpretation of the offside rule though!? (nobody else does though) :lmao:

Going off the Liverpool match on Sky last night, it seems even professionals don't even know the offside rule :lol:

Though I think Redknapp is right in saying any part of the body you can score from? If it's in front of the defender, it's offside?

HAHA lower leagues.. embraceuk1 you really want the forest one right?? I do too. I've seen one before on Xbox live but I can't seem to find it anywhere I even messaged the guy but no response. It must have come from around the same time as FIFA 07

Going off the Liverpool match on Sky last night, it seems even professionals don't even know the offside rule :lol:

Though I think Redknapp is right in saying any part of the body you can score from? If it's in front of the defender, it's offside?

Yeah, i think your right there, i think.:roll:

Lads I have got a problem.

My mind is confused, I feel at odds with my own being, the world seems right and I seem wrong, this game is questioning my whole sanity.

I swore i would never pick up the case again let alone stick the disc in my 360, but the hand of temptation stroked my controller and the adrenaline was released.

I listened with intent and purpose to those questioning my attitude to this new game, I questioned myself, "am i playing it right, do i have PES embeded into my cerbal cortex, is it this that is preventing me from having fun???"

I whent back to my manger mode and tried something, something many people have said not to do, something that i feel goes against my way of playing football games.

I never pressed dash once, I left alone the pressure button and spent all my time predicting the oppositions next move..................and guess what...................I won 4 and drew 1 conceeding only 1 goal and i loved every minute.

I have dropped must win mentality to I wil try and get a good result mentality, I have accepted that the response is part of the game (as much as i hate it) and so I will have to adapt.

You were all right, Leave the sprint button alone and spend along time passing the ball between players in the middle of the field and wait patiently for some space.

Snoop, I scored a few goals with one,twos down the middle, it can be done after maybe 20 or so passes from ones side of the pitch to the other.

The issues I stated are all in there, but I have not helped by playing it wrong and thus its become unenjoyable.

I have spent the last hour taking alot of time at every match and its all paid off.

The game is back spinning in my 360:applause:

Sounds like you used to be a R1 merchant, or R2 if your playing FIFA.

maybe you just need to learn how to keep your hand off the sprint button full stop, on PES also.

you will find PES is a fantastic game when you keep the use of the sprint button to a minimum. so try it on PES2008 also.

I played FIFA08 on the 360 with my brother extensively yesterday.

I never really had a chance to play it a long time before, but my brother had started a manager thingy with Lyon and we played lots of matches.

And holy crap is it alot nicer than the PES2008 Demo.

"Of course" we set everything to "manual", and it took me a while to get the hang of the aiming etc (not that used to the 360 pad so my thumb coordination doesn't always fit with where I want to aim the analog stick), but it was just a huge relief having full control of the aim and power of even the groundpassing. You could actually strike a throughball exactly where you wanted, and if you missed a pass, I actually apologised to my brother for my crap aiming, rather than doing the standard PES "What the hell are you doing, I wanted to pass the ball on the other side you moron" speech to my player.

I only played it for a few hours though and I had major problems doing even simple sidesteps and such, but I suppose that is a thing you need to work alot on.

In either case, right now, for the first time since I got hooked on PES4, FIFA is ahead of the game, and it's all thanks to the manual passing and shooting.

I don't know, maybe further playing will eventually turn me off because of some issues I have yet to learn of, but my initial reaction after a good couple of hours familiarising myself, I am really happy about the passing and shooting control you have.

Last edited:

HAHA lower leagues.. embraceuk1 you really want the forest one right?? I do too. I've seen one before on Xbox live but I can't seem to find it anywhere I even messaged the guy but no response. It must have come from around the same time as FIFA 07

I know if you have the xbox cam thingy you can take photos of stuff and use it as your gamerpic maybe thats how he did it.
Finally got a scottich pic through the DKZ page

Guys are you playing on World Class? I can't seem to win ANY matches at the moment. I am gonna take a break from the game methinks. :(

You know what's the problem with all of yal sayin fifa is not good anymore? yall having the "I cant loose" syndrome mentality when playing a sports game,like yall are not suppose to loose any game you play thats why, yall gon end up buyin pes 2008 and will have the same effect yall did with fifa after 3 week sayin the cpu cheat the cpu cheat,in pes 6 the cpu cheated and in fifa 07 somtiem the cpu cheated that how game are programmed so yall must shut the hell up cause im tire of yall nerdy boy crying for those kind of thing when,just play online if yall moaning about such thing and play the game like it should,and not just when you have the ball you keep pushin foward and attack like crazy.

I can bet my whole life that buyin pes 2008 will have the same affect you had with fifa : " the cpu cheat" moaning thing

Ya'll come back now ya'hear?

im playing on World Class, and sometimes Legendary, winning 1-0, 2-0 and then the odd 1-1 2-2, aint had a goal less game in ages though!

I am only on semi pro which is challenging enough for me at the moment but I am unbeaten in 11 games although 5 of those are draws.Just going through a dry patch at the moment had 3 0-0's on the trot.

Just upgraded my fitness to 6 so should see a better last 20 minutes.

Anyway thats me done for the evening, going out with the beautiful missus for a meal.While she talks about flower arranging I'll be dreaming of taking swansea up:lol:

well I got home from work, tried the non sprinting tactic mentioned earlier and played alot better, although I'm still naff at taking my chances! I won 4-0 with everton v the Hammers, but then only 1-0 with man city v Boro, although the strike I scored was unbelivable! So I went back to Southend and...lost 2-0 to forest! D'oh!

I'll keep at it though! And I should admit this is on semi-pro still, I've a long way to go to play at a higher level!

I've also ordered pes even though I wasn't impressed with the demo - why? Cos as much as it frustrates me, I always get value for money and I can swap between that and fifa when I'm getting with frustrated how either game plays! Oh and for £29.99 on ps3, that's unheard of at the moment!

Have fun and may the FORCE be with you, DR :)

Im starting to dream of fifa whilst im out and about too....its becoming scary :|

Gonna continue my sunderland one when i get back from my match at 10 :)

I have never heard so much Love and Hate for a game in my life

1 minute people like it the next the hate it haha

I think I will sell my copy. I am so frustrated I dont want to play it any longer. Its class when you are playing it against another human. but playing against the cpu is so fucked up. FK, defensive headers, running behind the cpu to get the ball for 30 minutes, every cpu player dribbles like ronaldinho, response times and so on. pes looks like shit too. so it seems like no football game for me this year. I will get NBA2K8 next week though so I dont bother even

Jesus, i can't generate anything against this CPU. Last 6 Games where all 0-0, played on Semi Profi. No chances, no Goals at all. Wish i could find some Videos to see how other Gamers plays against this Brasil CPU. So frustrating :-(

Jesus, i can't generate anything against this CPU. Last 6 Games where all 0-0, played on Semi Profi. No chances, no Goals at all. Wish i could find some Videos to see how other Gamers plays against this Brasil CPU. So frustrating :-(

Follow the advices given in the last few pages here. You'll be fine. I just beat Bolton with Everton on Semi-Pro 3-1 and it felt easy. Mainly due to laying off the run and pressure button (RT and A).

I think I will sell my copy. I am so frustrated I dont want to play it any longer. Its class when you are playing it against another human. but playing against the cpu is so fucked up. FK, defensive headers, running behind the cpu to get the ball for 30 minutes, every cpu player dribbles like ronaldinho, response times and so on. pes looks like shit too. so it seems like no football game for me this year. I will get NBA2K8 next week though so I dont bother even

WOOOOOAH there fella.I felt exactly the same until I spent as much time thinking defensively as Ido offensively.No sprint button,allow the CU to play in front of you, wait for your opportune moment to apply pressure and then nick the ball with the player you are in control of.Dont defend too high up the pitch leaving space outwide and in behind,then wehn you get your chances make sure you take them.

Its hard and can be frustrating but its ultimately rewarding (never thought I would say that).

Dont give up just yet and go back to it when the mood takes you;)

Back
Top Bottom