FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Do you commute to Texas everyday?

Do you have a special Texas keyboard at work?

:)

Right, I have just played a match on "Professional" instead of "World Class" and I am enjoying the game even more! :) It's still bloody tough but when in possession you get a few more seconds on the ball to do something with it. Also, the CPU defence isn't UNBEATABLE like it can be in "World Class" mode. Game ended 0-0 but I created more chances than I usually do.

I always sound like I'm from Alabama when I type at work, I think we bought the keyboard in Texa or somewhere near...

Joke! Don't take it seriously now...

I'm on semi pro like I said, I tried amateur (I have no shame!) and I had like 25 shots but only scored 2 (manual shooting!)

Last edited:

I can tell who's the ignorant saying some crap about texas... and still cant have a decent response to my post. shame on you.

I can tell who's the ignorant saying some crap about texas... and still cant have a decent response to my post. shame on you.

Your post doesn't deserve a decent response, it wasn't a decent post to start with. You came on here basically to rip into people with no justification and acting like you're all high and mighty but you're post made you look like a 10 year old from Texas.

You'll be waiting a long time for a decent response I feel :)

Seriously mate, I really thought it was just me having a moan about the game being tough, and I don't mind the challenge, but there's tough when you lose cos you're rubbish at shooting etc, and then there's tough when you don't get an inch to move and get up the pitch. I can tackle... the problem is I hit a brick wall further up the pitch on the harder difficulty levels and I don't want to draw all the games 0-0...

Like I say, I like the game and didn't expect perfection, it's just a shame we don't have a little more freedom.

Placebo, what is your job in Singapore if you don't mind me asking?

Well I came out of retirement Sep 1st to work part time externally for BIS again as community manager, but the wife is the money earner, her job pays all the bills and is what got us moved to Singapore, I'm pretty much a kept man ;)

Graham Kavanagh is class :D

He sure is, can we keep him please? ;)

Seriously mate, I really thought it was just me having a moan about the game being tough, and I don't mind the challenge, but there's tough when you lose cos you're rubbish at shooting etc, and then there's tough when you don't get an inch to move and get up the pitch. I can tackle... the problem is I hit a brick wall further up the pitch on the harder difficulty levels and I don't want to draw all the games 0-0...

Like I say, I like the game and didn't expect perfection, it's just a shame we don't have a little more freedom.

Aye, if I wasn't scoring because I was rubbish then fair enough. It's the not scoring because of the brick wall you mentioned. I think EA could tune-up the AI with a patch though.

Why is there no training area or ground in Fifa? not really played since 05ish, so I'm not sure if it's a recent removal? The arena is useless!

lazyforken, no offence meant, it was just amusing the way you type talk, in a southern slur, a little like that awful gangster type, usually from some spotty little white kid from Watford...

Question for the PES players here.. anyone getting PES2008 here?

I'm considering it, chances are I will pick it up just to see what it's like. I can always sell it on if it's crap.

not buying it this year.

and to respond to Texas mans point, I kind of have to agree, You dont win every game in real life and its the same with Fifa, I love it :D Thats what football is all about

haha,. after reading all the texas comments, i cant help but read all the posts in texas in my head arghh

I just scored an overhead kick with Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink!!!!! :shock:

I bought him on a free with PSG. :)

definitely buying PES.

PES6/360 has given me great online experiences. I didn't play ML since PES2, so offline is just kind of "practice ground" for me.

I really like FIFA08, so I didn't play the PES2008 demo much. I'll get both versions as I did with FIFA.

Aye, if I wasn't scoring because I was rubbish then fair enough. It's the not scoring because of the brick wall you mentioned. I think EA could tune-up the AI with a patch though.

It seems like scoring can be done by some people on here. So it's possible. I say keep working at it. I don't have the full version yet (crap Virgin Megastores) but I'm scoring on the demo sometimes.

Right back on topic please...

Sorry Tim...

Achievement.aspx

Couldn't resist.

:)

Lads I have got a problem.

My mind is confused, I feel at odds with my own being, the world seems right and I seem wrong, this game is questioning my whole sanity.

I swore i would never pick up the case again let alone stick the disc in my 360, but the hand of temptation stroked my controller and the adrenaline was released.

I listened with intent and purpose to those questioning my attitude to this new game, I questioned myself, "am i playing it right, do i have PES embeded into my cerbal cortex, is it this that is preventing me from having fun???"

I whent back to my manger mode and tried something, something many people have said not to do, something that i feel goes against my way of playing football games.

I never pressed dash once, I left alone the pressure button and spent all my time predicting the oppositions next move..................and guess what...................I won 4 and drew 1 conceeding only 1 goal and i loved every minute.

I have dropped must win mentality to I wil try and get a good result mentality, I have accepted that the response is part of the game (as much as i hate it) and so I will have to adapt.

You were all right, Leave the sprint button alone and spend along time passing the ball between players in the middle of the field and wait patiently for some space.

Snoop, I scored a few goals with one,twos down the middle, it can be done after maybe 20 or so passes from ones side of the pitch to the other.

The issues I stated are all in there, but I have not helped by playing it wrong and thus its become unenjoyable.

I have spent the last hour taking alot of time at every match and its all paid off.

The game is back spinning in my 360:applause:

Lads I have got a problem.

My mind is confused, I feel at odds with my own being, the world seems right and I seem wrong, this game is questioning my whole sanity.

I swore i would never pick up the case again let alone stick the disc in my 360, but the hand of temptation stroked my controller and the adrenaline was released.

I listened with intent and purpose to those questioning my attitude to this new game, I questioned myself, "am i playing it right, do i have PES embeded into my cerbal cortex, is it this that is preventing me from having fun???"

I whent back to my manger mode and tried something, something many people have said not to do, something that i feel goes against my way of playing football games.

I never pressed dash once, I left alone the pressure button and spent all my time predicting the oppositions next move..................and guess what...................I won 4 and drew 1 conceeding only 1 goal and i loved every minute.

I have dropped must win mentality to I wil try and get a good result mentality, I have accepted that the response is part of the game (as much as i hate it) and so I will have to adapt.

You were all right, Leave the sprint button alone and spend along time passing the ball between players in the middle of the field and wait patiently for some space.

Snoop, I scored a few goals with one,twos down the middle, it can be done after maybe 20 or so passes from ones side of the pitch to the other.

The issues I stated are all in there, but I have not helped by playing it wrong and thus its become unenjoyable.

I have spent the last hour taking alot of time at every match and its all paid off.

The game is back spinning in my 360:applause:

:applause: A sign of a great game you see - it keeps drawing you back. I can't leave the game alone, it's simply awesome. IT'S BLOODY HARD THOUGH! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom