FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Snoop, honestly, I was having the same problems until I sorted the way I play the game out. The game is flowing like THE BEAUTIFUL GAME for me now. Just scored a CRACKER with Rooney. :)

How are you getting space up front though? My forwards never seem to do anything unless I press LT (and by the time they react to it it's too late half of the time), they just seem to run straight towards goal as opposed to running across defenders or creating space for themselves.

Even if I've got the ball on the wing and press LT, my CM's just run straight towards goal without just trying to make space.

That's my biggest downfall, I get the ball and have no options of where to pass, resulting in me running down the wing and crossing it. Not the kind of game I want to play :(

GameSpot 10/3/2007, 8.5 out of 10, 85.0%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 11/1/2007, 8.67 out of 10, 86.7%
Game Informer 10/1/2007, 7.75 out of 10, 77.5%
Pro-G 9/28/2007, 8 out of 10, 80.0%
Eurogamer 9/28/2007, 8 out of 10, 80.0%
Boomtown 10/3/2007, 9 out of 10, 90.0%
ActionTrip 10/2/2007, 88 out of 100, 88.0%
Gametrailers 9/29/2007, 8.8 out of 10, 88.0%
Xbox World 360 Magazine UK, 9/27/2007, 72 out of 100, 72.0%

Good scores there really, Averaging 83% but thats because of the shambolic 360 Mag review

Guys, few questions:

What difficulty do you play on in single player? I only seem to be beating teams 1-0 on World Class (even when I am Man United v Sunderland). Is Semi-pro too easy and is it flawed?

On Xbox Live, how do I play with just the red arrow above my head? I don't want the "Plan M" hovering above players heads, it gets on my nerves.

I'm gonna stick with it, if only just to play you guys online. I've become so used to coming on this thread (these forums really) as of late, that if I got rid of FIFA then it'd be rubbish coming here and not being to join in with the chat.

After watching the liverpool match it made me think how real fifa is :lol: We played like I do on fifa. Couldnt break the defence down at all.

Loving my Sunderland job now though, gonna carry it on in a bit :).

Letting go of Run and tackle opens the game up so much more, and gives you the control you need. Im starting to shy away from PES days of old where I was on the run button for the entire game.

Graham Kavanagh is class :D

Snoop, have you still got your ps3? (I thought I read somewhere you got rid of it?) Cos if you have fifa on that, I could play you and that'd boost your confidence alot! You'd have lots of space!!

Snoop and seraphs

if you let go of run and stop holding A and hold the jockey button people wont run rings around you like that. Just tap A and your player will make a standing tackle

its clear from that video that A is being held down, again ala PES

And whoever said people using run in PES is an easy victory i would love to play you online. I have a 80% win ratio online and i hold run and press A all the time to close down. Most PES players do, the more i think about it when are you actually doin yourself in PES? With passing you point and it goes to the players feet everytime, shooting goes either left or right no in between and tackling is purely the computer doin it for you by holding A

Fifa has opened up how scripted PES really is, why cant we have a mix of the 2

I will try it now actually in my next match, as Im free for a bit.

Also what was the rest of it about, didnt make sense to me sorry. What does using run in PES is an easy victory? Is that in PES or Fifa, and does that mean using it is a easy victory or playing against people who do easy? :D

Whoi would agree here that EA needs to implement game sliders into fifa 09?

Imagine being able to edit
1)referee harshness or strictness
2)game speed
3)etc

I f**king hate football games online.

LAG - BRAZIL - INTER - BARCELONA.

That sums it up for me. Single-player is where it's at.

Snoop, have you still got your ps3? (I thought I read somewhere you got rid of it?) Cos if you have fifa on that, I could play you and that'd boost your confidence alot! You'd have lots of space!!

Still got my PS3 (I'm considering selling it) but I have FIFA for my 360 :)

I'm gonna stick with it, if only just to play you guys online. I've become so used to coming on this thread (these forums really) as of late, that if I got rid of FIFA then it'd be rubbish coming here and not being to join in with the chat.

thank you man we are a community here we should stick togtehr :)

That's why we should have a lobby (PS3/360) up & running. Hopefully PES/next gen supports lobbies, too....

Never really noticed lag on the games I've played, one game was a LITTLE slow but the others have been like playing on a local machine.

Like I say, just quit your online game at the kit selection screen when the other player picks those teams. They'll soon get bored of people quitting on them.

In the begining I was also still stuck with my PES mentality (press sprint button and A all the time). But now that I dont do that anymore, it's like a whole new game. I'm actually dominating the games against the CPU on professional difficulty. I'm not scoring though, but that's down to my poor finishing.
The biggest joy for me was when I finally managed to control Fabregas just the way I wanted. By not pressing the sprint button all the time he is so much more responsive.

One thing though, I still can't manage to deliver any through balls to my striker. The defenders always get in the way.

Plan M//

How about you, are you any good with the through balls yet?

Good idea Snoop. I had a cracking game playing as Valencia against a guy in Italy earlier - he was Napoli. He won 1-0.

Another thing I HATE about this game:

OLD TRAFFORD AT NIGHT - it is SOOOOO dark. There are shadows everywhere! What is that about!?

Plan M//
How about you, are you any good with the through balls yet?

I play some beautiful throughballs out to the wings, yes. My through-balls to the strikers don't usually get through although earlier I slotted a through-ball with Baraja to Morientes and slotted home a beautiful goal. :)

Through-balls in the air are quite effective too.

Good idea Snoop. I had a cracking game playing as Valencia against a guy in Italy earlier - he was Napoli. He won 1-0.

Another thing I HATE about this game:

OLD TRAFFORD AT NIGHT - it is SOOOOO dark. There are shadows everywhere! What is that about!?

Is it OT that has the "Fog Of War" around the outside of the screen? That made me laugh when I first seen that ground at night, like playing Command & Conquer or something :lol:

guys

not sure if this has been posted, but i have found out that to make your goalkeeper come out on new alternate control settings hold down left trigger and yellow button, this works, i used to press just yellow button but keeper wouldnt come out, this should work, im sure someone has posted this but just in case there u go, thanks

One of the games I played online last night was at the nou camp(i think),and it was a really weird dusky sunlight setting.

I say weird, but it does look so beautiful in HD.

Made me feel all warm.
:)

im on semi pro, but i have dallied with world class and legendary to try them out. Im not a gamesplayer that learns the ins and outs of a cows backside so im pretty ok with my standard of gaming but not a die hard. my main worry is if i play far too much and devote far too much time, ill become so good the game isnt fun. i find semi pro just as realistic, its still hard to break teams down sometimes and ive lost a fair few games as well. Got battered on Legendary though.

Not sure why people are thinking the ones who don't like FIFA too much are using sprint? Ozkar and Plan M (I think) have said this, what makes you think the sprint button is being used? Just curious :)

You know what's the problem with all of yal sayin fifa is not good anymore? yall having the "I cant loose" syndrome mentality when playing a sports game,like yall are not suppose to loose any game you play thats why, yall gon end up buyin pes 2008 and will have the same effect yall did with fifa after 3 week sayin the cpu cheat the cpu cheat,in pes 6 the cpu cheated and in fifa 07 somtiem the cpu cheated that how game are programmed so yall must shut the hell up cause im tire of yall nerdy boy crying for those kind of thing when,just play online if yall moaning about such thing and play the game like it should,and not just when you have the ball you keep pushin foward and attack like crazy.

I can bet my whole life that buyin pes 2008 will have the same affect you had with fifa : " the cpu cheat" moaning thing

You know what's the problem with all of yal sayin fifa is not good anymore? yall having the "I cant loose" syndrome mentality when playing a sports game,like yall are not suppose to loose any game you play thats why, yall gon end up buyin pes 2008 and will have the same effect yall did with fifa after 3 week sayin the cpu cheat the cpu cheat,in pes 6 the cpu cheated and in fifa 07 somtiem the cpu cheated that how game are programmed so yall must shut the hell up cause im tire of yall nerdy boy crying for those kind of thing when,just play online if yall moaning about such thing and play the game like it should,and not just when you have the ball you keep pushin foward and attack like crazy.

I can bet my whole life that buyin pes 2008 will have the same affect you had with fifa : " the cpu cheat" moaning thing

Are you from Texas? Alabama? How old are you?

im on semi pro, but i have dallied with world class and legendary to try them out. Im not a gamesplayer that learns the ins and outs of a cows backside so im pretty ok with my standard of gaming but not a die hard. my main worry is if i play far too much and devote far too much time, ill become so good the game isnt fun. i find semi pro just as realistic, its still hard to break teams down sometimes and ive lost a fair few games as well. Got battered on Legendary though.

Ha! Well, I'm embarrassed - I'm on Amateur.

Was on Semi-Pro but couldnt get a handle on it, so I've dropped to Amateur to learn the game from the ground up. Its working too - managing to win 2 or 3 0 every now and again, so gonna step it up to Semi-Pro soon.

Iam at work that's why I cant type properly. And by the way you react to the post I know that what I just said is true.

Back
Top Bottom