FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

EA...please...fix the Goalkeepers on high balls !!!

The game is fantastic but sometimes there are blocks and bugs..it seems that players are not able to find the right animation in the right situation

:(

Question.

I created a player, started a career and assigned him to my club in that career. I now want to start a new career, and there's no sign of the player. Do I need to create all over again having already used him?

The squad database is a bit weird. If the player is definitely still there (go to the player editor and see if he's there) then reload the database just before starting a career again. Otherwise he's probably been removed via a transfer update.

What I did when I discovered it was doing this, is the following...

Go to the configuration screen and download the latest squad update
Save the roster as your number one roster
Download the roster again and save it as your number two roster
Reload the second roster and make any changes that you want to it

Then you can always load whichever roster you need (original or your own) without the game overwriting your players.

I tried the jockeying its ok not great, doesnt work that well IMO, best on the wing to try and stop crosses otherwise its pointless, especially middle of the field, they just quickly turn and sprint pass you its easy, or just simply pass it round you.

I will continue like usual, as Im doing good as it is. The computer doing that 360 turning happens mainly when you are running from behind and trying to tackle, as you cant jockey then anyway, best bet is to run and press A, but if you get the ball its a foul, so then otherwise its that, and if you get the ball and not a foul, they speed up and win it again.

Meh, it is rather tedious though the computer doing the same thign no matter the team.

Talking about that, before my 5 a side match, I let my mate play it against the gf, she was all over him haha, but he won 1-0 from a long ranger on the right edge of the box, dunno how it went in, keeper got lobbed kinda, top left :S Lucky strike! Best goal ive seen in some time. Ajax vs PSV he was PSV.

Oh how much i hate this bug Jack...

I have a problem with online gaming in our onlineleague.
With some members i can have a match and with some not...not squadupdatebug for me, thats ok..but against Dutfish, Bitter Rivals and DagsJT for example i can't play...when i invite them or they invite me, this message comes:

in German: Diese Spielsitzung existiert nicht mehr.
english i think: This gamesession has expired or this gamesession doesn't exist anymore.

I habe this problem with quick ranked matches too...some work and some don't. Me and a friend cant play..never. Seems like we are incompatible to each other or something..

Anyone knows a solution?

It may well be that your NAT in Xbox Settings is set to Strict, in which case you may not be able to connect to some people, as your internet provider is blocking them. There is a guide to changing you NAT on the internet, do a quick search for it. NAT can be either, Open, Moderate or Strict.

Hope this helps :)

Well, I have had nothing but fun and enjoyment playing FIFA tonight :mryellow:

Got in and Flawless invited me to our league match, drew 0-0, chances both ends.

Then Coopz invited me to play some friendlies, we ended up playing three games - I won all 3 :)

Real Madrid 0-2 Bayern Munich
Inter 1-2 Chelsea
Inter 0-1 Chelsea

Great games, enjoyed them all, scored a great strike with Drogba too, right in the top corner from 20 yards after an error from Coopz defender :)

Then went on to play some random quick matches, playing 4 and winning 4 :mryellow:. Loved being Chelsea and continued to use them for next two matches, playing some lovely flowing and counter attacking football. Then in the next match the other guy picked Chelsea, so I picked Liverpool and done him 2-0 :). Then last match I went Chelsea again and beat Arsenal 3-0! All nice goals too, some lucky, some lovely :) The first Liverpool goal was from Dirk Kuyt, who nutmegged Petr Cech by cooly slotting the ball through his legs as he was going down. Absolute class :8):

Didn't get one single bit of lag at all during the whole night!

Completely loving this game!!!

Well, I have had nothing but fun and enjoyment playing FIFA tonight :mryellow:

Got in and Flawless invited me to our league match, drew 0-0, chances both ends.

Then Coopz invited me to play some friendlies, we ended up playing three games - I won all 3 :)

Real Madrid 0-2 Bayern Munich
Inter 1-2 Chelsea
Inter 0-1 Chelsea

Great games, enjoyed them all, scored a great strike with Drogba too, right in the top corner from 20 yards after an error from Coopz defender :)

Then went on to play some random quick matches, playing 4 and winning 4 :mryellow:. Loved being Chelsea and continued to use them for next two matches, playing some lovely flowing and counter attacking football. Then in the next match the other guy picked Chelsea, so I picked Liverpool and done him 2-0 :). Then last match I went Chelsea again and beat Arsenal 3-0! All nice goals too, some lucky, some lovely :) The first Liverpool goal was from Dirk Kuyt, who nutmegged Petr Cech by cooly slotting the ball through his legs as he was going down. Absolute class :8):

Didn't get one single bit of lag at all during the whole night!

Completely loving this game!!!

Nice :)

I tried to play you but no luck

Yeah I was just about to play you but then Flawless invited me for the league match!

I've played the game non-stop for a huge amount of hours today. I don't think I've ever loved it as much as I do now.

I've only played online games (I can't remember when I last played against the CPU to be honest) and they all were fun.

I'm now starting to understand how the game works, I'm not making as many mistakes as I first used to and I'm playing in a smoother and more effective way if you know what I mean. I'm really loving the game, I can't get sick of it.

Regarding the online games, there have been some funny things. I've smashed Brazil with Argentina (4-0) but I was completely outplayed during the whole match, I kind of got close to his goal 7 times and scored 4 goals. The guy was really unlucky but I couldn't stop laughing during the match.

I'm really enjoying the game. I'm just a bit afraid of going back to the single player mode and play against the CPU after reading what has been said lately. :|

I have some questions hopefully you guys can answer.

1. Do the refs hand out enough yellow and red cards if the goal keeper fouls a player through on goal does he get a straight red same with defenders etc.

2. If you have a high manager prestige and you get fired is it still game over.

3. Do CPU teams sign players regularly

4. Do players get injured is it frequent enough , long term injuries etc.

thanx for the video JB, and all the fifa blog team.
really appreciated it!
;)

Yeah I also appreciate it, though I decided not to watch it as I want something to at least be new to me when I see it the first time in 3 days, 18 hours and 12 minutes ;)

I have some questions hopefully you guys can answer.

1. Do the refs hand out enough yellow and red cards if the goal keeper fouls a player through on goal does he get a straight red same with defenders etc.

2. If you have a high manager prestige and you get fired is it still game over.

No red cards for keepers in next gen.

Yes you still get game over I believe.

I dunno about CPU signing players reguraly, do Hasselbaink, Robbie Fowler, Sinclair all play for Cardiff? If so, then I dont really notice haha. If not, then well they signed some :D I dunno who plays for who though in the championship, only know the Saints squad.

About injuries I have only had 2 injuries in my career, one was for like 2 weeks, from whiplash or something, and another was like for a week. Hammill was out for the 2, and I was out for the week :(

My guy sucks though, only 58 overall, although I got quite a few EXP but not using it.

hey, play a lot of games yesterday and had some really good online games ...

but on question;

if i play offside, my back 4 runs out in a row but they allways forget to put the strikers on pressure...in fact, the defender cross the striker, without to push him or to takle him, at the end the striker has the space to run one-on-one ...

I HATE THIS! i concern about 5 goals like that!

this is something that put the realism to nothing and make my so angry that i have to controll myself!

1. keppers patch is needed
2. possibility to cancel the offside
3. responds time of the hole game

Last edited:

There's no button to manually push up for offside is there? It was in 07 and UCL, it's annoying they took it out as it was a good feature :(

Well well well. No sprint button (unless I'm having to chase back or something), passing the ball around defence if needed, works a treat :) Drew with xCW in a pretty good game, and played a random ranked match and won 3-2! My first win online and both goals conceded were rubbish really, ball just pinged/bounced off my defenders chests both times and fell to their striker, nothing I could do about it. But I was very pleased with my games last night and looking forward to playing some more later on!

WOOOOOAH there fella.I felt exactly the same until I spent as much time thinking defensively as Ido offensively.No sprint button,allow the CU to play in front of you, wait for your opportune moment to apply pressure and then nick the ball with the player you are in control of.Dont defend too high up the pitch leaving space outwide and in behind,then wehn you get your chances make sure you take them.

Its hard and can be frustrating but its ultimately rewarding (never thought I would say that).

Dont give up just yet and go back to it when the mood takes you;)

That first paragraph there sums it right up. Follow what he said and the game improves MASSIVELY!

Though playing against the CPU is still a bit annoying with the CPU able to turn on the ball so quickly, and when I turn, the CPU spins around exactly with me. Annoying but I think I can live with it :)

yes, it is...PS3 digital pad...press LEFT! the back 4 runs out...

No that's not the same, that's to tell them to play the offside trap as a tactic isn't it?

In UCL/07 you press LB (IIRC?) and the back 4 will immediately push up to play offside, if you get the timing wrong then the opposition can just run through on goal, but if you get it right you can catch them offside.

No that's not the same, that's to tell them to play the offside trap as a tactic isn't it?

In UCL/07 you press LB (IIRC?) and the back 4 will immediately push up to play offside, if you get the timing wrong then the opposition can just run through on goal, but if you get it right you can catch them offside.

Isn't that the meaning of offside? if you screw it up, you're enemy haves a free run towards the goal.

No, he's correct, if you press left on the d-pad, 360 or PS3, the defenders will run up about 10 yards. But it's a shocking tactic, DO NOT USE OFFSIDE. Because as was said, when you press it, the defenders run up 10 yards, but they pay NO attention whatsoever to the attackers. And you can't cancel it either to control them, they will just all run up like their line dancing and allow the attackers to walk straight through them.

The UEFA CL offside trap, holding RB to push your defenders up all the time you kept it held down was a much better system. It was really down to the user to get it spot on, but this new one is really shite. Again, DO NOT USE IT!

You have been warned! ;)

Nah, that is the same Placebo - left on the d-pad pushes the back 4 up ala Arsenal 1991..

yoo snoop, are you up for a game tonight? can i find you in the lobby?

I'll be online mate, if not in the lobby then check my gamertag and see if I'm not on a game, if not then start a custom unranked match and invite me, we'll play :)

Back
Top Bottom