FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Right guys, I think its time to share some more of my accrington stanley adventures

Im now in feb with the transfer window having just closed and played about 30 games. Im 3rd on pro level and hoping to continue my run and get in the automatic playoff positions. BTW can you find out what they are in the game in a menu? There isnt any "markers" in the table yet so im not sure if i need to become champion or not. Anyway, after a poor start, with the board warning me they will be looking at new managers if results didnt improve, i managed to sign a new forward line (2 attackers and attacking midfielder) and they pretty much helped me get back on track and move up the table from second bottom. I managed to put a run together of 5 wins on the trot and generally played better and scored a few. I got knocked out of the league cup in the 1st round but am now in the QF of the vans trophy, in the 5th round of the fa cup with the match being grimsby. Who are also top of my league in div 2 so that could be a really interesting match up. Even better, i drew a giant in the 3rd round, Spurs and managed to hold out for a 0-0 and beat them on penalties at my ground. I was hoping not to get spanked going in to the match but i managed to keep them at bay and have a decent amount of possesion and actually created a chance or two. Im also through in another cup, but i really dont know which one that is as im only familiar with the league and facup. The vans one was a surprise. Then in the jan transfer i managed to overhaul my defense and wingers with some cheap/free signings and ill hopefully be pushing for 2nd near the end of the season. Im 10 points behind second and about 15 or so behind 1st. Also im about 5 points ahead of 4th, having just beaten them away :D.

Anyway, have to say im enjoying it a surprising amount. More then i was expecting playing with a lower league team. So far ive hardly had any "weird" moments and also havent conceded to many freekicks. About 3 or 4 in about 20 attempts. Still a too high a ratio for the lower league but not too bad.

The actual balance of play is still really good for me at pro level. I have to work hard and take my chances to win a match, which is how it should be. I also really have to concentrate to keep possesion and calm the play down from time to time. Really good. I have noticed the prob snoop was having with comp players shielding the ball but i havent had much trouble with it. Its mostly setting you defender up correctly and then time "tackle" to get the ball. If you just hold down tackle he'll just keep running after the player and ball. I use multiple players to defend and try to sheperd players to positions were i can outnumber them and get a foot in. Works well, although they do have a bit too much ball shielding skills imo.

Other then that im really really enjoying it. Cant wait to get promotion and maybe change jobs a level higher :D

Nice post Tiktiktik :)

Right, that's it for me. I am not ready for World Class, it's way too tough. I can't score and keep getting beaten 1-0. The CPU scores every free-kick or chance they are presented with.

Anyone else play it in professional? It feels just about right for me. :)

Ok guys,it seems everytime the CPU gets a free-kick he gonna score 98% of the time no matter who is the player:roll: (with C;Ronaldo is 100%)so can someone give a tip to counter that please?

hope for a patch by EA. there is no other way to counter it.

what I recognized earlier is that the man of the match system is screwed.

I won with REAL agains Werder by 4:1. van the man socred all 4 goals (prof). but he wasnt the man of the match. man of the match was sneijder I think with 0 goals and 0 assists. wtf?

Nice post Tiktiktik :)

Right, that's it for me. I am not ready for World Class, it's way too tough. I can't score and keep getting beaten 1-0. The CPU scores every free-kick or chance they are presented with.

Anyone else play it in professional? It feels just about right for me. :)

The same for me here i've begun a league in World class but it's really too hard for me, every cross in my box was a goal by the cpu..

World Class seems impossible at times. Just played a great match with PSG in professional though - I love this mode and I am gonna stick to it. I only won 1-0 and the game seems to flow better. :)

Haha yeah cause that was amazing...

Anyway, career mode is now very BORING!

Its basically like playing the same team over and over and over again, the only difference is, different player names, different team names and different kits, everything else is the same.

Most of the time you are forced to score the same goals which is boring, the defence is too aided, its not an art to defend, its rather simple, the tactics dont work in the game, I set up the mentality for my team, they dont follow it, the runs upfront are absolute crap, they run for 5 m slowly and stop, the defence run faster than that!

Its just getting boring now... only reason to carry on for me, is to get to the Prem and buy some good players, and win the cup...

Its basically like playing the same team over and over and over again, the only difference is, different player names, different team names and different kits, everything else is the same.

Most of the time you are forced to score the same goals which is boring, the defence is too aided, its not an art to defend, its rather simple, the tactics dont work in the game, I set up the mentality for my team, they dont follow it, the runs upfront are absolute crap, they run for 5 m slowly and stop, the defence run faster than that!

Its just getting boring now... only reason to carry on for me, is to get to the Prem and buy some good players, and win the cup...

Master League anyone?

Your boring.

Ill be up for one :D (ML)

Infact I agree I am boring, you must be so fun, I mean I wish I could have so much fun calling someone on a forum boring. Sadly I just cant because im to boring :(

Been playing most of this afternoon.

My first be a pro match I was Kevin Nolan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKRd80ousQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG6FK1mhlhE

Then played a few online games, beating people easily. Then played a friendly against Bitter Rivals and won 2-0, Drogba scoring both, and both were superb. Will upload and post the first one later tonight, it was a cracker! :mryellow:

Infact I agree I am boring, you must be so fun, I mean I wish I could have so much fun calling someone on a forum boring. Sadly I just cant because im to boring :(

Well im very glad we are getting somewhere. You seem to use up your fun levels criticizing FIFA at every given chance.

If you dont like the game dont play it. Dont come here telling us all how bored you are of the career mode. Simply put the pad down and stop playing, its as simple as that.

Good idea fifanproevo guy, infact im going to totally dismiss the game, and forget it actually has other modes I can play and enjoy.

Im going to complete the season, I want saints to lift the champs league trophy and prem, its just it gets tedious and boring after while.

Unless you want to try and stop me, infact I fancy a game online, only played 2 :(

Ok after trying the game again and lost 0:4 with getting 4 freekicks (LOOOL) I am really at 0 motivation now. I have tested one thing. I have dropped Diegos FK rating from 83 to 33 and he scored from 15 FK 1. thats ok but I am not gonna edit 15000 players and maybe afterwards getting my roster overwritten. Jack do you have any infos regarding a patch? if there isnt a patch coming I will sell my copy and stick with only nba this year.

Just watched the vid - how do you get the player names to appear when they are on the ball?

And can you change the commands that are set to the D-Pad?

Last edited:

great video chris,

I have a question, when you renew a contract the wage value on the left, is that what your adding to the existing amount he already has or is it telling him how much your offering him

great video chris,

I have a question, when you renew a contract the wage value on the left, is that what your adding to the existing amount he already has or is it telling him how much your offering him
It's the total amount you're offering.

Back
Top Bottom