FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

The "cpu cheats" become less noticable the more i learn to play and release the sprint and A button. They are miscontrolling the ball, they are getting booked and giving fouls away. I played middlesbrough in the league and every other pass they did was coming back to me!

Lovely stuff :D

I might be wrong....but the game seems to have a momentum system. If you've kept the ball for a while and you're pressuring your opponent, when your opponent gets the ball he seems to give it away again cheaply. Same happens if someone is all over you, you misplace passes and get mugged easily in possession. It's important that if you're under pressure and you get the ball, you work on keeping it. Don't get me wrong, counter attacks do work but unless this is on, forget about attacking, keep it simple....play short passes....and keep the ball above all else.

Ok guys,it seems everytime the CPU gets a free-kick he gonna score 98% of the time no matter who is the player:roll: (with C;Ronaldo is 100%)so can someone give a tip to counter that please?

Bit of a crap solution this but run a defender back on the line to cover one corner. This works sometimes. Also...remember to press the button to make your wall jump.

I might be wrong....but the game seems to have a momentum system. If you've kept the ball for a while and you're pressuring your opponent, when your opponent gets the ball he seems to give it away again cheaply. Same happens if someone is all over you, you misplace passes and get mugged easily in possession. It's important that if you're under pressure and you get the ball, you work on keeping it. Don't get me wrong, counter attacks do work but unless this is on, forget about attacking, keep it simple....play short passes....and keep the ball above all else.

thats a point well made.I have also noticed this and so I play around the back for a bit if i lose possession.Seems to work.

i couldnt wait for a new footie game any longer so i cracked and bought this for my 360, i was a pes fan through and through but i heard FIFA08 was very impressive and so far i haveto agree, its very difficult though(on semi-pro atm :p), mostly for me just getting used to the controls at first.

For example when i bought pes1 all those years ago i changed the config to the classic fifa controls with TRIANGLE(PS2) for sprint and i used R1 for through balls, so often now i find myself holding Y for sprint when it is actually through balls.

The skills move are cool when you pull them off, i did a lovely rainbow kick with Nani against Bolton and got to the by-line to pull a cross back for Rooney to score.

One thing that i'm concerned about is players ratings, f.e in pes, playing master league i always knew who i wanted for a certain position to buy, good passer, technique, closs control, agression, technique, dribbler etc....In FIFA i can see that players stats are very detailed but i wonder if they translate fully into gameplay :| like will i notice the difference in stats between players?

also Anti Niemi is top scorer in the premiership atm with 3 goals, wtf!???? :p

Last edited:

Never played online before today. Played about 5 now. 1st game Newcaslte vs EVERTON, was losing 1-0, equalised in the 90th minute to take it into extra time. Scored what was looking like the winner to lead 2-1 with about 3 minutes to go and the little shit disconnected!. Argghhh.

Never played online before today. Played about 5 now. 1st game Newcaslte vs EVERTON, was losing 1-0, equalised in the 90th minute to take it into extra time. Scored what was looking like the winner to lead 2-1 with about 3 minutes to go and the little shit disconnected!. Argghhh.

Welcome in the world of online football.. atleast you get a 3-0 win here when someone d/c in pes the get away with it.. without giving the d/cer the lose.

I'm going to keep the game to play online but I won't be playing any single player games anymore. The CPU pisses me right off and cheats far too much. I've already mentioned countless times what annoys me about the game, and I've sat playing the game on Pro level this morning and it hasn't improved at all. The CPU is still spinning around with the ball like it's on wheels, it can still catch up with your player no matter how fast your player is running.

The CPU PACKING the centre of the pitch (and I mean packing) is frankly ridiculous. The only time the centre of the pitch would be that packed in real life is if a team is playing either someone who is much better than them, or they're holding on to a scoreline. But regardless of what the scoreline is, they still pack the centre of the pitch meaning you have no way of passing the ball anywhere except 25-30 yards away. If you do pass to a centre forward, you VERY VERY rarely get a through-ball through, so you're forced to control, drop a shoulder and take an instant shot. Don't even bother trying to hold it off because you'll just be tackled anyway. So it's back to passing to the wings, where it's the only way you'll be able to actually get the ball into the box and get a shot.

Proof it's the CPU? Playing online is a FAR better game, much more chances for your forwards, no players spinning around with the ball like it's glued to their toe and spinning super-quick, no free kicks going in 7/10 times of asking.

Single player is a joke.

I'm going to keep the game to play online but I won't be playing any single player games anymore. The CPU pisses me right off and cheats far too much. I've already mentioned countless times what annoys me about the game, and I've sat playing the game on Pro level this morning and it hasn't improved at all. The CPU is still spinning around with the ball like it's on wheels, it can still catch up with your player no matter how fast your player is running.

The CPU PACKING the centre of the pitch (and I mean packing) is frankly ridiculous. The only time the centre of the pitch would be that packed in real life is if a team is playing either someone who is much better than them, or they're holding on to a scoreline. But regardless of what the scoreline is, they still pack the centre of the pitch meaning you have no way of passing the ball anywhere except 25-30 yards away. If you do pass to a centre forward, you VERY VERY rarely get a through-ball through, so you're forced to control, drop a shoulder and take an instant shot. Don't even bother trying to hold it off because you'll just be tackled anyway. So it's back to passing to the wings, where it's the only way you'll be able to actually get the ball into the box and get a shot.

Proof it's the CPU? Playing online is a FAR better game, much more chances for your forwards, no players spinning around with the ball like it's glued to their toe and spinning super-quick, no free kicks going in 7/10 times of asking.

Single player is a joke.

Tried to send you a message earlier, fancy a game later or poss tomorrow?

I have to disagree there Snoop, but each to his own eh? :)

Online is definately where it's at though :mryellow: So much fun online! Just literally good fun and proper football :thumbup: Played a few games online today already:

Chelsea
0-1 Milan
Everton 0-1 Tottenham
Bayern 0-1 Chelsea
France 2-4 Spain

That first loss hit my rank a bit hard, but after the next 3 wins, I am back up to rank 727 :)

Single player is a joke.

;) Know just how you feel mate... unfortunately I only go online to play FPS so I'm still going to try to come to terms with it..

Online is definately where it's at though :mryellow: So much fun online! Just literally good fun and proper football :thumbup: Played a few games online today already:

Chelsea
0-1 Milan
Everton 0-1 Tottenham
Bayern 0-1 Chelsea
France 2-4 Spain

That first loss hit my rank a bit hard, but after the next 3 wins, I am back up to rank 727 :)

:shock:727:shock: i think I'll try and avoid you until the league Tim, I am already shit, i dont want you knocking my confidence,destroying my self-esteem and making me turn to self harming:)

I am still enjoying this game and I have played it non-stop for over a week. I bought FIFA 07 last year and hated it after 2 days.

Manager Mode with PSG is awesome fun! :)

I can do the Rabona now yay, Quite hard to pull off but looks mental and is very effective for crossing, Ive made some vids, I will put them on youtube when i can find my USB cable for my phone lol

Chelsea 0-1 Milan
Everton 0-1 Tottenham
Bayern 0-1 Chelsea
France 2-4 Spain

I was ranked 198 this morning but a bad run has me down to 280 last time I checked. I didn't realise interactive league matches counted in the rankings and I played as Wigan v Man U as there were no Arsenal ones available and lost both and that hit my rankings hard.

I was ranked 198 this morning but a bad run has me down to 280 last time I checked. I didn't realise interactive league matches counted in the rankings and I played as Wigan v Man U as there were no Arsenal ones available and lost both and that hit my rankings hard.

OMG:shock: i am also playing you in the AVForums league](*,)I have a 100% record at the moment (played 1 won 1:D) but certainly not for long.

stay away from me jayD;)

Single player is a joke.

Snoop, I for one know exactly where you are coming from and i have alot of sympathy for how dissapointing you feel it is.

You know my recent rant and I was a few hours away from trading it in, but i play it how I have already mentioned and I have lowered the difficulty until I am confident in going up a gear again.

the midfield is tight if you are rushing forward or are not stringing passes together, otherwise i have found that the CPU starts to leave gaps infront of the 18 yard box and sometimes in behind (although i cannot seem to thread balls through easily) I have scored alot of goals with little 5 yard passes to a forward hanging around the box with either a run through or a give and go to enable a good strike.

I would say i am quite competent on semi pro now, whereas i was awful at one point so I see progress (two of my matches in career mode have been 6-0 home victories)I am lying 3rd at the moment 1 point behind Leeds with two games in hand, although I am nine points off forest but I have to play them at home yet.

I think you will miss out on alot this game has to offer if you let go of the manger mode as its got a massive learning curve and is very deep when you get into it.

drop the difficulty and start scoring some goals mate, that way you will feel the reward you are lacking at the moment which is obviously spoiling the fun.

good luck

I just have one questione hope someone knows this.
Can you force someone to use only manual passing and shooting online. Like some kind of filter in create game that shows only available games which only allows everything on manual?
Tnx.

Cheers Dr Force. I'm trying to stick with it. Well, it's not trying, I swear FIFA is like a drug, just keeps you coming back!

I really need to sort my game out, I have no idea what's wrong as I always have tons of possession, usually same shots as my opponent, yet I can get beat by a few goals. My defending is pretty good I think, yet Tim7 just beat me 3-0 and I feel I had just as equal a game, even having some really good chances. I had far more possession and as many shots. I know one of his goals was on the counter attack and there wasn't anything I can do, but even still. I need to work out what I'm doing wrong. It's not holding press buttons, or sprinting, just bad positioning I guess.

fifa is killed by the big teams barca and manu i played 50+ games 40 against barca or manu, and dont say i support that team.guys there are so many teams pffff

Weird, every time I've played online so far it's usually been with lower teams. People see that I support Tranmere and then pick a team of similar calibre. Perhaps if you choose a top-flight team they will want to pick Barcelona and Man Utd.

But I do think you should be able to set up a star rating criteria, i.e. custom match, team ranking must be lower than 4.5 stars or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom