FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Its like this for me.

We have been sat at home in a bedsit drinking milk out of the bottle, and eating microwave meals. Wanking ourselves to sleep every night in front of Babestation. - Playing PES.

Now we have a real girlfriend and are sharing a flat she cooks you wholesome meals and you watch intellectual films together, trouble is she is only just OK in bed so you go back and have the occasional Wank (Play PES) but you keep coming back to the Mrs giving her one more go. - Playing FIFA 08

:mrgreen:

Its like this for me.

We have been sat at home in a bedsit drinking milk out of the bottle, and eating microwave meals. Wanking ourselves to sleep every night in front of Babestation. - Playing PES.

Now we have a real girlfriend and are sharing a flat she cooks you wholesome meals and you watch intellectual films together, trouble is she is only just OK in bed so you go back and have the occasional Wank (Play PES) but you keep coming back to the Mrs giving her one more go. - Playing FIFA 08

Oddest post ever. :lmao:

You're not even ashamed are you? You're proud of it? Disgusting I tell you :shock:

I vote to ban Cammey, he's weird. He scares me.

Just joking. About the ban that is, you're still weird and scare me though.

Master League Fanatic hey? You wanna try Manager Mode, it would blow your mind :)

I have. I'm still in my first season and it's starting to tail off a bit for me. I love the detail, but the play is getting a bit samey and a tad frustrating. It's not making me rush home from work like a new PES does :mryellow:

This is the 2nd Fifa I have bought, dont tend to keep them long though. And already I can see me getting rid of this one. It is a good game, but because crossing the ball into the box from the wing is a waste of time, I am forced into playing through the middle, which is getting a bit samey. Also when you hit a shot it feels soft (if you know what I mean) the sound should be louder when you strike the ball, passing and shooting doesnt feel solid or that your striking the ball with any conviction. Heading is bollocks as well, same thing, it doesnt feel like your generating any power.

This is the 2nd Fifa I have bought, dont tend to keep them long though. And already I can see me getting rid of this one. It is a good game, but because crossing the ball into the box from the wing is a waste of time, I am forced into playing through the middle, which is getting a bit samey. Also when you hit a shot it feels soft (if you know what I mean) the sound should be louder when you strike the ball, passing and shooting doesnt feel solid or that your striking the ball with any conviction. Heading is bollocks as well, same thing, it doesnt feel like your generating any power.
Ok see you next year :)

Four sentences sum up what I think :)

Interesting videos Seraphs, some pretty dodgy animations there.

The honeymoon is over with me, but that isn't to say FIFA isn't a VERY good game. It's certainly heading in the right direction since FIFA 07, UCL and now 08. I hope the good work continues even though Joe Booth has left.

Joe Booth left?? where and why?

Gone to an EA section in America I believe. It's been mentioned on this thread before, I think Jack mentioned it.

Yes kinda worried about it. Maybe moore wants him close to his office to watch premiership games together....

Just watching FIFA videos after watching PES 2008 videos and it's incredible how realistic FIFA looks. PES really does look like something off Nickelodeon.

I tried playing the PES demo last night after FIFA and hated PES. It's odd to think PES has been pretty much the same game for years, and this is the game we've all loved for years.

HAHAHA yeah PES20008 is arguelably the biggest failure come next year to Konamis other debacle of MGS4

What other football game you gonna play? madden 08? LOL

but because crossing the ball into the box from the wing is a waste of time, I am forced into playing through the middle, which is getting a bit samey.

1 or 2 pages back someone was complaining that crossing to the far post is too much of a cheat because the goalkeeper always screws up so you get an easy tap-in? Curse of the 3 different versions of Fifa that are out there apparently ;)

Also when you hit a shot it feels soft (if you know what I mean) the sound should be louder when you strike the ball, passing and

Personally I don't want to hear the sound, you seldom hear the sound of the ball being kicked on TV unless it's something like a goalkick where the crowd are somewhat quiet, playing the PES2008 demo and hearing the ball being kicked just detracts from the immersion for me.......

I agree with Placebo 100%. The sound of the ball being kicked should never be heard above the crowd etc. It is PERFECT in FIFA 08.

Also, I find the crossing perfect. You can whip them in quickly or play lofted, deep crosses.

Personally I don't want to hear the sound, you seldom hear the sound of the ball being kicked on TV unless it's something like a goalkick where the crowd are somewhat quiet, playing the PES2008 demo and hearing the ball being kicked just detracts from the immersion for me.......

Its funny what several generations of playing PES has tricked us into thinking isnt it.... :)

You never hear the ball getting kicked and yet it doesnt feel the same when you dont hear the ball getting kicked in the game, I reckon that plays a big part in the 'responsiveness' argument that was going on... some folk need to hear that 'thud' I'm over it now and i think the way the players have to compose themselves before passing is excellent looks much more realistic that 'every player is pele with their first touch passing' PES :)

I agree with Placebo 100%. The sound of the ball being kicked should never be heard above the crowd etc. It is PERFECT in FIFA 08.

Also, I find the crossing perfect. You can whip them in quickly or play lofted, deep crosses.

LOl at your avatar!

I want someone to do a NBA 2k8 one like that

Is there any reason why my crowd has dissapeared?

I'm trying out my sisters new 42" Plasma, on HDMI, and the crowd has gone, OT looks like the seats haven't been installed yet...

Its funny what several generations of playing PES has tricked us into thinking isnt it.... :)
You never hear the ball getting kicked and yet it doesnt feel the same when you dont hear the ball getting kicked in the game, I reckon that plays a big part in the 'responsiveness' argument that was going on... some folk need to hear that 'thud'

This is quite true actually - another PES 'reinterpretation' of the game that indeed we had all became accustomed to - every single kick, pass and header was quite loud.
There's a fairly easy solution for both games:
First thing I would always do on PES was go into Sound Settings and turn the Commentary all the way up and then turn Sound Effects down to about 1/4 - this would tone down the annoyingly overdone 'boot' of the ball to something somewhat realistic (unfortunately the ref's whistle was hard to hear as well but it was a tradeoff).
Likewise the first thing I did with FIFA was go into Audio Settings and turn the PA, Player Calls and SFX volume down to half and then the Crowd volume down to one notch below half - this gives the best reproduction of the sound of an actual televised match in my opinion - crowd is still audible yet the announcers come thru very clear above the din and the sound of the ball being kicked is audible on booming keeper kicks and long balls and forceful strikes and clearances (and you can still hear the ref's whistle).
This is on 5.1 surround though and also my own personal preference so your mileage may vary - simply turn the SFX up a notch or two to your liking if you want to get that PES 'boom' of the ball back. ;)

Last edited:

1 or 2 pages back someone was complaining that crossing to the far post is too much of a cheat because the goalkeeper always screws up so you get an easy tap-in? Curse of the 3 different versions of Fifa that are out there apparently ;)

Are we watching a match on TV, or are we playing the game for real, or are we playing a video game? Anyway I think you should have an option to turn it off or on, to keep everyone happy.

I dont know if any of these sites are ever used as a reference by the big 2 footy games, but I only post replies in the hope someone users the feedback and improves the game. I dont like a particular company and remain loyal to them, whatever they churn out, I just buy both and keep the one I prefer.

I think the best footy game this year will be the PS2 version of PES, not between PES 360 and Fifa08 360, just my opinion. I also think some of you on here take the PES/Fifa arguement a little too serious (I mean avators pics taking the piss out of a game, hmmm)and spend far too much time slating the other game. Why do you feel a need to be so supportive to a multi-million pound brand, what have they done for you except take your money. If you prefer one game over another, fine go and play it, stop putting so much effort into slagging off the other one.

Last edited:

Off-topic, but you guys are nice around this thread, so here goes:

I ordered skate from an UK online store, but heard that postal services in the UK have been on strike lately. Is this true?

Thx

Off-topic, but you guys are nice around this thread, so here goes:

I ordered skate from an UK online store, but heard that postal services in the UK have been on strike lately. Is this true?

Thx

Yes mate it will be back to normal on Wednesday.

He's talking about the demo. He even says at the end of his post "based upon the demo".

Back
Top Bottom