FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Lazavas should be banned for posting crap like that. Well I unfortunately have to say my FIFA died a death. I took it round a mates house and his 360 totalled the disc! I dont think ill replace the game though, as to be honest until you reach the oppositions back 4 it plays alright, once you get to the edge of their box they tackle you superbly! you cant keep the ball close to your players body so therefore cant do quick movements or turns. Yet the CPU can do it to you at the other end.. Why EA why!!!!?? You have got the basis of a great game here and you go and ruin it by taking out basic core gameplay elements! Also the guy about the play offs.... that is SHOCKING? no play offs? What are EA playing at?

It's the same points coming up really. The CPU turning with the ball too easily when humans can't, the defence being like a brick wall. Shame.

What did the 360 do to the disc mate? Never heard of a 360 eating discs!

Right, the degradation of the pitch, I noticed it yesterday, but now I am thinking about it.

Why did they actually add it? Was there any point, its the same as weather, they should of left it out, as pitch degradation effects play just as much as rain etc, they should of left weather in, cause I know some will come on and say, they added it, as it looks good and authentic to a league, so why not add weather?

Next year they should make weather effect the ball and pitch degradation, as where there is poor ground, the ball will bounce more etc, get stuck more where its more muddy if its wet, if its dry it will bounce a LOT more etc.

But thats for next year, just makes me wonder, they add that for a visual effect, so couldnt they add rain etc and then just make it effect gameplay next year :( Seems crappy that im in novemeber, december etc and its been sunny all the time.

Lazavas should be banned for posting crap like that. Well I unfortunately have to say my FIFA died a death. I took it round a mates house and his 360 totalled the disc! I dont think ill replace the game though, as to be honest until you reach the oppositions back 4 it plays alright, once you get to the edge of their box they tackle you superbly! you cant keep the ball close to your players body so therefore cant do quick movements or turns. Yet the CPU can do it to you at the other end.. Why EA why!!!!?? You have got the basis of a great game here and you go and ruin it by taking out basic core gameplay elements! Also the guy about the play offs.... that is SHOCKING? no play offs? What are EA playing at?

hahhahah, because i said fuckin babies? proves my point doesnt it? if your not bitching about untucked shirt your bitching about cpu cheating! its a game! do u realise that? a GODAMN game! i dont care if i get banned mate, theres a lot of babies on here, thats what im saying

lol at lazavas... if you ask me your the baby for not accepting peoples opinions. This thread is an ok thread, dont disturb it by attacking people....

@ Snoop for some reason his DVD drive was heavily vibrating so the disc was probably moving and touching the insides of the DVD Drive. Perhaps the Laser Housing? that knackered it.

lol at lazavas... if you ask me your the baby for not accepting peoples opinions. This thread is an ok thread, dont disturb it by attacking people....

@ Snoop for some reason his DVD drive was heavily vibrating so the disc was probably moving and touching the insides of the DVD Drive. Perhaps the Laser Housing? that knackered it.

attack? hahhaha, ok.........

Gutted. Are you going to send it to be replaced by MS? £40 down the drain after a week is a bit rubbish :(

Right, the degradation of the pitch, I noticed it yesterday, but now I am thinking about it.

Why did they actually add it? Was there any point, its the same as weather, they should of left it out, as pitch degradation effects play just as much as rain etc, they should of left weather in, cause I know some will come on and say, they added it, as it looks good and authentic to a league, so why not add weather?

Next year they should make weather effect the ball and pitch degradation, as where there is poor ground, the ball will bounce more etc, get stuck more where its more muddy if its wet, if its dry it will bounce a LOT more etc.

But thats for next year, just makes me wonder, they add that for a visual effect, so couldnt they add rain etc and then just make it effect gameplay next year :( Seems crappy that im in novemeber, december etc and its been sunny all the time.

stop you whining i don't even have the game yet:(

Wow, what a disappointment...

To answer my own question a page or so back, there are

NO ENGLISH PLAY-OFFS IN FIFA 08

To make matters worse, only the top 2 go up a division - would not have been AS bad, if the top 4 went up, least it gives something more to aim for (I finished 5th with Doncaster BTW!).

This pretty much finishes the single-player game for me as I like playing with lower league English clubs. Considering I am struggling to get online matches with PS3, there is little left I want to play in this game.

I absolutely loved FIFA until that point. How can they do so much right, but leave this out? Un-forgiveable...

The PES demo sucked - I'm now hoping the PS3 version is tweaked and will play better than the PC demo, otherwise there will be no decent football game this year (for me) for the first time since I can remember!

Gutted...

why the hell pay the money to create a football Sim and then leave/cock up the most simplest of things... Again as with Seafront I have to ask are any of these guys true Football fans... this is basic stuff... :( Idiots... cracks become holes...

stop you whining i don't even have the game yet:(

LOL! Do you want my other copy?

Well I dont have another copy, but I could go and get another if I wanted :P

Haha sorry couldnt resist, you dont have to wait much longer do you, isnt it the tenth that it comes out, so tomorrow?

I would seriously love to go see the team that made this game and rant at them.... I seriously doubt any of them know a thing about Football or Soccer as they will call it.... I cant believe im saying the same things I said last year about 07... :( Damn you EA!!

Why is crossing a waste of time? I probably score most of my goals this way.

How?, when your striker only jumps to head the ball when the keeper is going to claim it (which he always does). Most of the time the striker tries to chest the ball when you wanted him to head it (this looks totally crap), and on the occasion he does try to head it he doesn't jump, and just heads a lofty header over the bar. I have scored the odd header but not enough, and it never looks convincing. The players head it better in midfield or from defence when your trying to get rid of the ball. The game is good, just a shame about headers.

Please advise if you have any tips on heading, but I presume when you score from crossers you mean mid or low crossers, and you finish with your feet.

I would seriously love to go see the team that made this game and rant at them.... I seriously doubt any of them know a thing about Football or Soccer as they will call it.... I cant believe im saying the same things I said last year about 07... :( Damn you EA!!

To be fair, 08 is MILES better than 07. There's still room for improvement though :)

Ok see you next year. ha ha

If 08 is miles better than 07 which it doesnt really seem, its better but not miles, that must mean 07 was absolutely awful?

Going what people are saying offcourse.

I never really played 07, only the demo really.

Let's face it Subbuteo was miles better than most of the Fifa series, 08 has made some big leaps, every game is going to have flaws, but some of the faults in 08, especially those off the field are just stupid, or lazy on the part of the team!

Nope, FIFA 07 was a pretty good game, and FIFA (for the most part) has got tons of things spot on. 07 was good although things weren't as accurate as 08. I do still think 08 is miles better, but there's aspects that need improving before it'll be the best football game ever.

By that I mean the game that gives me the most satisfaction. It's clearly got better gameplay in general, but it hasn't gave me that "wow" factor that PES 1 gave for example. That's what I'm looking for. Like people say, they used to rush home to play PES and FIFA doesn't do that. To be honest, I reckon SWOS on XBL (If/When it turns up) will give me that feeling more than FIFA, though FIFA is obviously more realistic etc.

07 was good and I spent a long time playing that on PC - though mainly due to the superb patches from the community that made it ultra-realistic as possible.

At this rate, I am going to go back to PC PES6 (patched with kits etc)... that would suck...

I've scored quite a few headers (this one^^ isn't the best example), you need to practice. Use the jockey button to gain position, and use the right timing to press shoot.

I'd like to know from people (specially who dislike FIFA) if are you using manual pass/shoot settings.

thank you.

Dude.. contact EA about the damaged disc .. and you will get a new copy off the game for free.

I'd like to know from people (specially who dislike FIFA) if are you using manual pass/shoot settings.

thank you.

Have tried manual and semi, hardly ever assisted (feels like cheating) and now settled on semi passing and shooting with manual through balls, lobs and crosses.

finallygr4.jpg

Finally!!!!!!!

Mate is Wayne Rooney you're brother?:shock:

Manual settings make the game even more impossible in my opinion.

thank you.
Yeah I was, this makes no difference to how your players control the ball.. I also tried the using the right stick to knock the ball on and also the pace button to slow things down but STILL those retards who are meant to be top players took a year to control the ball... by that time the CPU says thanks very much.. last game I played was against Bristol City, I drew 1-1 on Pro Difficulty! they defended like they were Real Madrid!

Back
Top Bottom