FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Antred is speaking truth, I get the same commentary. For example, if I play at the San Siro as Milan, Martin Tyler/Andy Gray talk about how it hosted the first match at Italia 90 and how tight the atmosphere is because the pitch is closer to the crowd unlike Lazio's stadium.

This is really geting me pissed! Why the f*** do they sell games with diffrent content?!
I want that commentry in my game aswell...
Does it happen every game you guys play?
In my game Andy Gray doesn't really speak much. He just makes comments after a missed chance and stuff like that.

EDIT: YEEEEEEES!! Finally! =) They just commented on the milano derby when I played as Milan vs inter!

Last edited:

I think people are having problems with controlling the ball because they are holding the run button down all game ala PES

I cant help but hold run, but when i dont i have alot of control and winning the ball is alot easier with a standing tackle by not holding it

If you really think that the gameplay is going to be massively different from the demo then you live on cloud cuckoo land, despite the lack of polish of the demo it clearly shows what Seabass' vision of football is.

The gameplay will be slower than in the demo. The gameplay in FIFA 08 isn't that different from the PC version of PES 6. You pass the ball, you try to get a good 1st touch creating yourself room on the pitch, you pass the ball, get room, do a 1-2 combination, shoot or cross.

FIFA 08 felt very different from PES until I tried playing against other humans. After an our I played it like I played PES (they even copied the controls). The main differences I noticed was that the gameplay is more buggy and less responsive (especially crosses and kick ahead with right stick).

So I still think PES6 (PC version) is a better game than FIFA 08. It just plays and feels better than FIFA. It's a good game, but I'm pretty sure PES 2008 will be better (if it's better than PES 6).

Calling PES 2008 arcade is just stupid.

It is arcadey there is no doubt about it

passing the ball at 100 miles an hour then banging in a rocket shot with your wrong foot is very arcadey

It is arcadey there is no doubt about it

passing the ball at 100 miles an hour then banging in a rocket shot with your wrong foot is very arcadey

You are all talking as if you know it will be a worse game than PES6. It's STILL not out yet. Believe it or not. We'll see what it's like when it's out. I hope and believe it will be great. Polishing the gameplay is what you do in the end of the development cycle. Releasing an unfinished and unpolished demo was a stupid move by Konami.

I don't understand it when some people say that they can only score from wing-play? I scored ANOTHER beautiful slotted goal with Morientes in Manager Mode earlier. All my play was through the middle of the pitch. My build-up play is stunning at times. I agree with what Coopz said a few few posts above: DON'T hold the sprint button ALL the time. Only use it when in some space or when challenging a winger with your midfielder/wing-back.

I can't get over how good this game is - it's so like real football at times it's scary. :)

I think people are having problems with controlling the ball because they are holding the run button down all game ala PES

I cant help but hold run, but when i dont i have alot of control and winning the ball is alot easier with a standing tackle by not holding it

Agree 100%

I also need to learn when to use the sprint button effectively.

well I hardly used the sprint button to conserve energy but its the fact that you press pass and he finishes the animation before the action and then some times just doesnt pass at all.

Not interested in smashing buttons no matter how good it actually looks.

You are all talking as if you know it will be a worse game than PES6. It's STILL not out yet. Believe it or not. We'll see what it's like when it's out. I hope and believe it will be great. Polishing the gameplay is what you do in the end of the development cycle. Releasing an unfinished and unpolished demo was a stupid move by Konami.

I am talking after playing the PES2008 demo

I hope its great but if its like the demo it wont be

Thanx, are you talking about manager mode? Or tournament league? Gonna give it a try ass i need points. I did simulate a full PL season wich I won but didn`t get any points..

So, what is it?
And for those of you who complain about the fans being to far from the pich should take a hard look at Emirates and feel lucky that your team at least have a stadium that at least look like it does in real life.

I think I might take FIFA to trade in over the weekend :(

It just isn't fun anymore. Just played another game and watching the CPU spin around like it's got wheels but I turn like a snail isn't right. There's blatant CPU cheating going on and I don't like it. The game started out really promising for me and I loved the demo, but this just doesn't feel right.

There's no point in me playing a game if I'm not enjoying it, it's wrong to try and force yourself to like something and I'm not going to pretend I can.

I think I might take FIFA to trade in over the weekend :(

It just isn't fun anymore. Just played another game and watching the CPU spin around like it's got wheels but I turn like a snail isn't right. There's blatant CPU cheating going on and I don't like it. The game started out really promising for me and I loved the demo, but this just doesn't feel right.

There's no point in me playing a game if I'm not enjoying it, it's wrong to try and force yourself to like something and I'm not going to pretend I can.

You know my feelings snoop and i agree with you 100%.The cpu teams are brazil/holland(1974)and man utds treble winning side all rolled into one.

unresponsive and tiring to play.

Mines goin bck tommorow mate.

@ Dr Force, check your PM.

Also feel for you mate as I know you was looking forward to this, but EA can't please everyone. I hope you get on with PES would be a wounder to not have a footy game for a year.

That's the bottom line at the end of the day. I'm going through this myself at the moment actually, haha - I've been playing the FM2008 demo for two hours and I've just found myself getting more and more frustrated with the match engine, and now I can't pretend that I think it's an amazing improvement (as always) any more. I just don't like it. FIFA better last me because without FM it's going to be a hell of a long year.

@ Dr Force, check your PM.

Also feel for you mate as I know you was looking forward to this, but EA can't please everyone. I hope you get on with PES would be a wounder to not have a footy game for a year.

Thanks Jay

I am pretty pissed off at the moment because its a fantastic attempt, but its one I dont enjoy.Thats the main thing when I play games and this just drives me insane.

I am happy for the folks who are enjoying it.

Ive only got PES now and if its the same pace as the demo then sheeez I am going to struggle with that too.

Wow I am learning new things all the time. This game is incredible.

* I ONLY use the "dash" button in situations where it's needed. I can't emphasise this enough - pass around the pitch without using it.

* I keep the ball very long periods now - I pass in triangles and score most my goals through the middle, never with crosses (ala Arsenal)

* I have sussed tackling. Holding the "tackle" button all the time will only result in the CPU passing through you. Position players, don't run at them holding "A".

* Shooting is amazing, really outstanding. I scored a scorcher with Edu (Valencia) from outside the box earlier. I screamed "YEEESSSSSS!" and my cat jumped in the air.

* In Manager Mode, make sure you pump up all the staff levels as soon as you can. It really benefits the squad.

* Defending set-pieces/crosses: HOLD the STRONG HEADER button with a direction of the left-stick. I think too many people are using the pass button.

DON'T PLAY THIS LIKE PES - it WILL frustrate you. I was explaining this to my brother earlier and he took the above factors into his game. He ended up beating me 2-1.

:)

So, what is it?
And for those of you who complain about the fans being to far from the pich should take a hard look at Emirates and feel lucky that your team at least have a stadium that at least look like it does in real life.

I felt like this about madden 08 but i kept madden 08 for about 2 months! shame on you! shame on you!:lmao:

This is really geting me pissed! Why the f*** do they sell games with diffrent content?!
I want that commentry in my game aswell...
Does it happen every game you guys play?
In my game Andy Gray doesn't really speak much. He just makes comments after a missed chance and stuff like that.

EDIT: YEEEEEEES!! Finally! =) They just commented on the milano derby when I played as Milan vs inter!

Haha! This is really starting to play on my mind now! =) I can't stop getting anoyed bout it.
They ONLY make these kind of comments when I'm playing as Milan at the San Siro. This is so frickin wierd!

About the game itself, I'm starting to enjoy it much more now!
I think you guys who has started to get frustrated by the game just as I was really should stop pressing the sprint button.
I forced myself to do it and it works magic. I'm actually creating a bunch of great chanses at the moment and I'm loving the game! I also put shooting to manual, that way you can finish in a lot of diffrent ways.

I think you guys who has started to get frustrated by the game just as I was really should stop pressing the sprint button.
I forced myself to do it and it works magic.

:applause: Welcome to total football my friend! :)

Wow I am learning new things all the time. This game is incredible.

* I ONLY use the "dash" button in situations where it's needed. I can't emphasise this enough - pass around the pitch without using it.

* I keep the ball very long periods now - I pass in triangles and score most my goals through the middle, never with crosses (ala Arsenal)

* I have sussed tackling. Holding the "tackle" button all the time will only result in the CPU passing through you. Position players, don't run at them holding "A".

* Shooting is amazing, really outstanding. I scored a scorcher with Edu (Valencia) from outside the box earlier. I screamed "YEEESSSSSS!" and my cat jumped in the air.

* In Manager Mode, make sure you pump up all the staff levels as soon as you can. It really benefits the squad.

* Defending set-pieces/crosses: HOLD the STRONG HEADER button with a direction of the left-stick. I think too many people are using the pass button.

DON'T PLAY THIS LIKE PES - it WILL frustrate you. I was explaining this to my brother earlier and he took the above factors into his game. He ended up beating me 2-1.

:)

I totaly agree with you on this one!
I have actually started to win those battles for the ball against the CPU.
Just scored my first free-kick with Van Persie aswell! =)

One question though, whats the STRONG HEADER button?

Haha! This is really starting to play on my mind now! =) I can't stop getting anoyed bout it.
They ONLY make these kind of comments when I'm playing as Milan at the San Siro. This is so frickin wierd!

I forced myself to do it and it works magic. I'm actually creating a bunch of great chanses at the moment and I'm loving the game! I also put shooting to manual, that way you can finish in a lot of diffrent ways.

Not sure why people are thinking the ones who don't like FIFA too much are using sprint? Ozkar and Plan M (I think) have said this, what makes you think the sprint button is being used? Just curious :)

Snoop I have just noticed that some people are getting frustrated. I was holding the sprint button like PES all the time but I haven't been for the last few days and the game works much better. :)

Snoop I have just noticed that some people are getting frustrated. I was holding the sprint button like PES all the time but I haven't been for the last few days and the game works much better. :)

Well I think this game is gash! Given it a good few days and it's gonna be sold!

PES2008 is just better all round apart from the presentation side of things, and one of the guys on the winning eleven blog has just played the near complete version and he says the pace has been adjusted so it's just right.

God some of you in here are easily pleased, because that fifa crap aint worth 40 quid.

Fifa needs to do the following to make the grade

1)Better player models (faces)
2)Sharper player response
3)Pace of the game quicker
4)Ball on crosses and shots not moving like a baloon

If they can fix the following next year I may be back, but I doubt it

PES2008 PC here I come

That's a great post, Plan M. Those are some great tips I've just started to realize.

Well, I've stopped using the sprint button as much as I used to. That has prevented me from losing balls when receiving passes or running close to other players, which means the response times have improved a lot.

This is one of the major differences between FIFA and PES. You can't keep sprinting in FIFA like you do in PES, it won't work. Having an high pace during the whole match won't do anything good to your team. You need to pass the ball, plan your moves, just like the real teams do. That's why I love this game. Right now. :mryellow:

Besides, I used to keep pressing both X and O along with R2 (sprint button) while defending (so there would always be two players chasing the man with the ball). That would always leave the other team players unmarked so it hardly worked the way I wanted, hence the amount of goals I ended up conceding. Now I usually press the jockey button while defending and I wait for them to come close to my area, I don't start chasing them with my defenders when they've barely got through my midfield. I'm not conceding as many goals now.

Well thats what I did all the time. And therefor I lost the ball and all the challenges and it made frustrated.

Plan M//

How is your commentry in the game? Do they talk a lot during the games?
The only time the commentators introduce themselves and talk about the game is when I play as AC Milan. Then they say stuff like "we're at the san siro" and "a substitution for Milan". When I play with any other team they just say "a substitution now".
Sooo frustrating. I'm actually starting to think I bought myself a "Fifa 08 Milan edition".

EDIT: OMFG!! I dont have any commentary AT ALL when Im playing with spanish teams! There something seriously wrong with my game!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom