It's the conclusion of their test...

I can't translate everything :)

and I forgot :

Realisation : 4.5/5
Prise en main? (adaptation time) : 3.5/5
Tilt : 4.5/5

Overall : VERY GOOD (the highest)

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Totally agree with antred. You have probably seen my posts from yesterday. I started loving the game and after a few hours I was highly frustrated. But I want to go back and play more. Im still learning new stuff everyday. I played a spurs v arsenal match online yesterday and you could have mistaken berbatov for the ACTUAL berbatov. I was lazing about like he does, doing little flicks tricks and through balls. He did this one backheel which I havent seen on FIFA before, or any other football game and I was STUNNED.

He actually put it behind his leg and flicked it out behind him. You could see his leg bend and foot move when he hit it. One of THEE best animations Ive seen to date on a sports game. Looked incredible.

the fact that some of the people sayin player all feel is same in fifa is totaly garbage and ignorant since in pes every player feel different cause of the unrealistic stats range, a player iwth a 66 pass power make a pass so slow its just so unrealistic and a palayer hat got 90 is a perfect fireball wich is so stupid and unrealistic have you try to play pes with low-division team or start an ml with a generic team is so unoplayable and unrealistic since their still proffessional.

thats why people say those kind of crap wich is totaly stupid.
FIFA players dont feel the same its just they dont have a excessive stats range between players since fifa understand that even a player in the league 2 can make a god damn pass with enough power than someone who is lampard or whatever ,unlike pes low rated player have a 9year old passing power. yall need to think sometime I mean geez

an other one arcate games player

It keeps me going back because it's tough. Like Kevano said, I keep noticing new things everytime I play! I STILL can't seem to score many goals though.

just like pes fifa is also killed by the big teams,why do people always pick barcelona manu chelsea madrid come on guys there are so many teams arghhhhhhhhhhh

Alright, I'm in love with the game. Again.

Just one thing I'm finding really annoying. Why the hell have three of the five guys I've just played online disconnected? It had never happened before. It looks like the EA servers have been invaded by the little kids who just got home from the kindergarten.

Does anyone with a brain want to play me? :(

I played a bit more this afternoon and I can safely say i will not be touching the game again, anyone who wants to buy a copy for a tenner plus posting let me know by PM.

i am staying on the site and the thread but its just appalling, I cant think how i would ever begin to enjoy it.

i was soooo pissed at losing a goal because my player did not pass after i pressed it firmly, so mad I quit...............I never do that..

Sorry jack:(you can count me out of the league, i am just not bothering with it.

I played a bit more this afternoon and I can safely say i will not be touching the game again, anyone who wants to buy a copy for a tenner plus posting let me know by PM.

i am staying on the site and the thread but its just appalling, I cant think how i would ever begin to enjoy it.

i was soooo pissed at losing a goal because my player did not pass after i pressed it firmly, so mad I quit...............I never do that..

Sorry jack:(you can count me out of the league, i am just not bothering with it.

That's a shame mate but fair enough. You didn't like the "Marmite"? ;)

Well, I literally hated it yesterday. Everything seemed to go wrong, no matter what I would do.

Just give it a rest and try it in a few days with an open mind. :)

Or else just do whatever you want to do. :p

Totally agree with antred. You have probably seen my posts from yesterday. I started loving the game and after a few hours I was highly frustrated. But I want to go back and play more. Im still learning new stuff everyday. I played a spurs v arsenal match online yesterday and you could have mistaken berbatov for the ACTUAL berbatov. I was lazing about like he does, doing little flicks tricks and through balls. He did this one backheel which I havent seen on FIFA before, or any other football game and I was STUNNED.

He actually put it behind his leg and flicked it out behind him. You could see his leg bend and foot move when he hit it. One of THEE best animations Ive seen to date on a sports game. Looked incredible.

Ive only seen a backheel once but it was gorgoues. i was united (spit) with neville, i played the ball into Ronaldo at the edge of the box for a one two and while running towards the byline he flicked it back to neville with his heel, in on goal but i fluffed it.

loverly

Goddamn I hate using the fucking analogue stick!!!!

Cannot direct my passes or shots to save my life at the moment. Give me the fucking d-pad any day of the fucking week.

(Currently in the period of absolutely hating the game, which ALWAYS happens at some point with FIFA).

Cannot direct my passes or shots to save my life at the moment. Give me the fucking d-pad any day of the fucking week.

(Currently in the period of absolutely hating the game, which ALWAYS happens at some point with FIFA).

Fancy a game in a few minutes? I'll make you love FIFA again. :p

Anyway, regarding the analogue stick, I can't stand it either. It's way too slippery, I've lost lots of balls because of it. Jeez.

It seems there is a fairly wide consensus on the merits of this game, and I'll give my opinion, and I need some help.

I initially loved it, then got frustrated, then got wowed by the little things PES doesnt have, then more frustration etc

Got Fifa 08 for the 360 btw

I've played PES religously for years, but had a really open mind about FIFA 08, and whilst it does things very well, it makes me realise just how could PES is, as it gives you freedom to do what you want. Responsiveness of controls is one thing, but I just cant seem to grasp certain aspects of the gameplay mechanics.

I really want to love this game, but its either letting me down, or I'm not good enough. Or both

It's very difficult to dribble unless you work out 2-3 seconds in advance, what you want to do, and action the controls appropriately.

On recommendations here I've got shooting on manual- I accept strikers fluff chances, but has anyone got any specific tips when it somes to shooting say from 25yards out? I'm fed up of hitting it down the middle with Kaka, as the safe "on target" option, as if i slightly aim for a corner, the ball flies miles wide, and never remotely close to the corner of the net.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help not just for shooting, but dribbling, tricks, and button config much appreciated, as I want to like this game as much as I did Friday/Saturday, but it just isn't happening.

Cheers

Just played at the stade velodrome online and it was lag free and totally responsive, more so than ever. differnt stadiums differnt response times? Seems as tho it could be after playing in that stadium

Well me I love this game more and more. When can we get this league started I can flipping wait to get it on. The more I play, the more I learn, luv it I flipping luv it.

that video makes the game look real LOL at PES

to be honest: the game looks terrible slow and really boring - even in this Video.

And of course, CPU scores by a freekick (almost every CPU freekick goes in - just so stupid). And of course, User scores by a cross after attacking over the wing. This Video shows what to aspect if you gonna play this Game. And it shows what you get most of the Time if you gonna play Singleplayer - 90% attacking over the wing and 90% scoring by crosses.

Really, i play this Game for 4 days now and im so tired of this Game now. I is just so boring playing against the CPU. Every Game just plays, feels and looks the same - this Gameplay has no surprising Moments at all.

Playing this Game in Multiplayer Mode is fun and in Multiplayer Mode Fifa 08 is a very good Game.

Playing this Game in Singleplayer Mode is just awful, boring and frustrating like hell. And please, because its tough to score doesnt mean its realistic. This Game (in Singleplyer Mode)is far away from beeing realistic. If real Footy would be like that, men good night.

But anyway, probs to EA - Fifa 08 is maybe the best Fifa i ever played. I guess EA is on the right way at least.

Sorry for my bad English. It is not my first Language, please have a little patience with me. Thank you.

you old skooler! d pads went out with Right said fred

I find a great balance with these controls
The only real bugbear of mine on this game is that Anfield and the lower league grounds crowds are too far away from the pitch, they should be more like Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

yeah agree i hate when i play on this ground see the crowds too far:( the same could be said too about stamford Bridge(on the game)the crowd on the sides are too far
except that this game is great!!:)

I played three mancheter united - liverpool matches and all game the commentators banged on about the rivalry.

Oh man! :( Seriously guys, do you think there is a possibility that there are diffrent versions of the games? I am having a hard time believing that. I bought my game from game.co.uk and I bet some of you has done the same.
Then why the hell do my game not include that commentry?:)

i beat barcelona with hearts 2-1 great game yihaa

:applause: Good taste buddy.

Been there, done that myself.

Feels good don't it mate.

I've beat Barca,Liverpool,Ac milan,Man utd,Real Madrid and Newcastle,all as Hearts.

Lost to Celtic though...:lmao:

Oh man! :( Seriously guys, do you think there is a possibility that there are diffrent versions of the games? I am having a hard time believing that. I bought my game from game.co.uk and I bet some of you has done the same.
Then why the hell do my game not include that commentry?:)

Antred is speaking truth, I get the same commentary. For example, if I play at the San Siro as Milan, Martin Tyler/Andy Gray talk about how it hosted the first match at Italia 90 and how tight the atmosphere is because the pitch is closer to the crowd unlike Lazio's stadium.

Back
Top Bottom