FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Just to re-iterate a point made earlier.

For fuck sake, please remove your sky telephone line before playing online guys.

I've now got 4 disconnects now, because of this piehole.

If sky have a problem with that,I may need to send the "big man" around.

You lot must have problems because mine has never cut off

8.5 from gamespot

It seems some people "get" the game and some people are expecting it to be like PES

as they said its a steep learning curve, i wonder how much time the reviewers with the bad scores played it? I bet they were thinking they could just pick it up and play like PES

oh and this sums up alot of people views on here

To its credit, though, EA's willingness to experiment is beginning to put Konami's stale refinements to shame, and FIFA is definitely a viable alternative for serious sim fans who are looking for an alternative to the Pro Evolution Soccer series.

I can predict people's choice of club on PES 2008 online already:

Inter and/or Brazil.

Definitely. It's just like the Inter/Brazil mania of PES6. Twats.

My best online matches have been with English teams from the low divisions - Leeds, Southampton, Tranmere.

By the way, do any of guys want to play a bit online in about an hour? :)

I think I love the game again.

Jack Bauer,

When you contact EA, tell them to ban Barcelona from online games. I'm sick of them.
LOL. Yeah, I don't think they'd support that, to be honest with you. :D

That's what online leagues are for, to avoid that. I would love to set up several leagues, a Prem one, one where I can be Tranmere, a European/International one... In-fact I'm sure I will set up something where I can be Tranmere at some point.

Just played 3 games against my brother (NOT online). We had such a laugh. He has always been a Pro Evo player like myself so he was a bit crap at this. I was Swansea City, he was Man United and we had some GREAT games! I also played as Belgium, him as England and it went to penalties which I eventually won. Brilliant fun!

its possible to change the camera when playing 1x1 offline? Cause in the demo was impossible...

Just played my first ranked online game.

:) He chose Bournemouth, I chose Tranmere. Only in FIFA.
:( I had 65% possession and he won by crossing and heading NON-STOP, he couldn't do anything else.

Was amazing to play online as Tranmere though...

its possible to change the camera when playing 1x1 offline? Cause in the demo was impossible...
Yes, it's possible.

I have Starhub Premium 12meg cable broadband and for another £14 could upgrade to Starhub Ultimate 100 meg cable broadband, so stick that up your crack and smoke it ;)

Well we get upgraded to 20 meg at Xmas for FREE!

paa136000018.jpg

I have Starhub Premium 12meg cable broadband and for another £14 could upgrade to Starhub Ultimate 100 meg cable broadband, so stick that up your crack and smoke it ;)

Wow... only now i got my 2 mg cable... :( , Brasil sucks sometimes...

I just played online against some guy and had to hold my poo in through the whole match. It was really painful. :(

I just played online against some guy and had to hold my poo in through the whole match. It was really painful. :(

Eh?!

I can see why people are using the wing-play,cross,header option. Because that's far easier to score against the CPU than any other method, and it's the way they're used to playing. If EA did relax the defence more, people would be more used to playing through the middle.

I must have a diffrent version of this game than others! I have now played 20 odd games and the commentators have not even introduced them selves once! And they sure as hell hasn't commented around the history of certain games such as the Merseyside derby and so on.
This may sound like nothing to complain about but it's really annoying. Commentary is very important for the atmosphere. If I play Arsenal v Tottenham I want to hear something about previous games and players etc.!

Oh, and I just played the FA cup. Not one comment about the tournament. I reached the final against Arsenal and the final was played at the Emirates. Whats that all about?

Last edited:

Fanboys.. :roll:

That's right, anyone who can't see that PES2008 is an arcade game is a fanboy, especially if they somehow think there's something wrong in accepting it's an arcade game, ya know like Halo3 is an arcade game, COD4 is a simulation, it's not blasphemous ya know.......

just played Man u v Barca online and beat him 3-0

Rooney scored an awesome long range shot for the opener

does anyone know if quitting whilst selecting your teams counts as a disconnect in a ranked match?

Coopz, you can disconnect whilst choosing teams and doesn't count as "quitting." I had a guy earlier who just highlighted Spurs but didn't actually play. I had to press "B" to get back into the menus. :)

Back
Top Bottom