FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Is there any way to save or upload replays that have been scored online? I am fed up scoring a peach of a goal, only for my pissed off opponent to skip the bloody replay and i dont even get to see it again. whoever scores the goal should have control of the replay for a set amount of time.:(

One thing i feel, is i don't recognise the "individuality" of players in FIFA, as much as i do in PES, if anyone gets what i mean.
Exactly how I feel, although I know my players I don't get the excitement when I bring a brilliant new player in to the team. Just feels like they're the same as everyone else just you can maybe do skills better and run faster with them.

If this 'brilliant new player' you speak of is more skilled and has more pace than everyone else then how can he feel the same??...he's obviously better technically and faster just as you describe.
I honestly don't get what you mean - other then a player having a higher rating and being able to shoot, pass or dribble more accurately or run faster or man-mark more closely or tackle more successfully or do tricks and perform skills and moves or be able to do a combination of all these things well, what gives them this 'individuality'?
I think this might simply exist in your mind cuz programming is just numbers and characters plain and simple. Seriously, what can you expect out of a computer generated player other than to have a higher rating in their stats?? They can't actually have character or personality - they're just a bunch of pixels.
You can't simply 'create' a miniature Steven Gerrard to run around onscreen on your telly (there's only one Steven Gerrard!) - all EA or any company can do is fashion an electronic likeness and give them coded AI which makes them 'do skills better and run faster' (in your own exact words).

Last edited:

cpu fk is pissing me off that I almost broke my controller. was about to smash it into the next wall but stopped in the last second. i am not going to play this fuck on single player one more minute until a patch is out there. and no I am not going to play PES either because its crap.

Omg, I have been playing all night and all I got is 710 points for the fan shop :( I wish there was an easy way to earn points.. To get the arsenal third kit & 1 pair of adidas and a pair of Nike pair I need 17500 points, its almost to ridiculous if you ask me!

Last edited:

Bobo, did you get your copy yet?

Also, to the guys complaining about free kicks (not to anyone in particular). Please stop fouling so close to your goal. That resolves the free kick issue.

Been playing it now since friday and im enjoying it lots, gotta couple of issues though:
1: not being able to use custom formations online and also them getting deleted when i go online.
2: the way the game looks clsoe up, but i can live with that, it would be nice to watch a replay though
3: players getting robbed off the ball mid animation
4: not being able to use the dpad
5: players do feel similar to each other a bit, but for me its more of a issue that players who should be able to make a differnce to a game, i cant really make them do anything. i dont wanna be able to dribble through everyone with p.neville, but at the same time players like kaka in AM feel abit useless cause i cant do intricate dribbling then leave defenders in my wake.
6. cant put my finger on it but upfront something seems to be lacking, i think its the runs made and the fact that the cpu keeps that flat back 4 rigidly no matter who im playing.

ok, more then a couple

Omg, I have been playing all night and all I got is 710 points for the fan shop :( I wish there was an easy way to earn points.. To get the arsenal third kit & 1 pair of adidas and a pair of Nike pair I need 17500 points, its almost to ridiculous if you ask me!

same here :/

I've just played 11 online games, won 5 (don't ask me how), lost 6.

All I know is that right now I hate this game. I just can't stand it. The response times are ruining it for me. I can't do a trick, I can't shoot, I can't score. Seriously, I can't understand why the fuck with the shooting on semi-assisted I just can't hit the goal and when I manage to do so the goalkeeper always saves it. It's so annoying.

All my goals have been either headers after crosses or shots I manage to do after stealing the ball of the guy's CB when a goal kick is taken (I hate when this "happens", seriously, it's so fucking unrealistic, but it's the only way I have to score).

I had to turn the PS3 off otherwise I would end up with a smashed controller.

Anyway, I decided to change the control settings for a last match - put everything on assisted. I played as United (for the first time online) while the guy played Barça (oh God). I beat him 3-1, and all my goals were shots.

So I score more shots in one fucking online match than in 25 online matches and like 40 friendly matches on single player. God, I'm either shit at this or something's wrong.

It's probably both, but I don't really know what to do.

I remember playing the demo and not having much trouble doing some tricks, useful stuff, not rainbows and the like, but now I just can't. The game responsiveness is really pissing me off. I tell Walcott to do a trick and when the game understands that Rooney is already celebrating. Fuck.

I'll play a bit alone tomorrow afternoon on the easiest difficulty to practice my shooting skills. I don't know what I'm doing wrong to be honest, I just press the shot button while aiming with L3 and then I also aim with R3. I just can't understand why the ball never goes through the goal line.

Oh God, somebody help me. :cry:

Good night. :)

I just completed my 1st season in manager mode on prof dificulty, dunno how i did it but i went undefeated all season and only conceded 12 goals lol, you get loads of points to use in fan shop when you do it, the fa cup final wasnt at wembley tho and i didnt get a single player in the team of the season even tho i had the most clean sheets, top striker in the league, won the league,carling cup, fa cup and charity shield lol, dunno what else i needed to do lol, least i get champs league this season yay,

Typical again. I played a good game of football against Lami but what happens? He scores off some 25 yard shot where my keeper starts to run backwards and COULD'VE saved it IF he DIVED, not flopped to the floor like a fish that'd been shot. It's not the first goal I've conceded which has seen the goalkeeper run backwards and flop to the floor instead of reaching for a dive. The keepers in FIFA 08 are either too good or too stupid. Really, it's just a lottery on taking a shot and hoping for the shitty keeper.

What's the point in playing nice football and trying to get a nice passing movement for a nice shot when you can just smack a ball from distance and watch the keeper do some kind of comedy sketch and fall over instead of attempting to save it? Pathetic, did they not have testers who commented on the goalies? On the free kicks the AI scores? On the reactions? What exactly were the testers doing? Because I think everyone agrees that the goalies are a bit dodgy.

Typical again. I played a good game of football against Lami but what happens? He scores off some 25 yard shot where my keeper starts to run backwards and COULD'VE saved it IF he DIVED, not flopped to the floor like a fish that'd been shot. It's not the first goal I've conceded which has seen the goalkeeper run backwards and flop to the floor instead of reaching for a dive. The keepers in FIFA 08 are either too good or too stupid. Really, it's just a lottery on taking a shot and hoping for the shitty keeper.

What's the point in playing nice football and trying to get a nice passing movement for a nice shot when you can just smack a ball from distance and watch the keeper do some kind of comedy sketch and fall over instead of attempting to save it? Pathetic, did they not have testers who commented on the goalies? On the free kicks the AI scores? On the reactions? What exactly were the testers doing? Because I think everyone agrees that the goalies are a bit dodgy.

That was you? LOL! Sorry man. That goal shocked me hah! I did spot your gk way off his goal but he couldve saved it. That was my first goal online :D Great game that was really, some quality football in and you missed quite a few, luckily my GK was having a good day and won MOTM ;)

He stopped a header from my forward point-blank too :( And then as my player went for the follow up shot, he got brought down in the area :(

I'm getting tired of pricks that always choose Barça and on top of that just keep crossing to the box until the defenders fock up and they score.

Lost just now to a Arsenal fan (you can see his first team). I left my team at Porto and he ran from Arsenal to Barça. Won 1-0 from a cross that caused my defenders to stand still.

At least I schooled him a few times with Quaresma dribbles... :)

EDIT: new game, ManU vs Madrid.

I score on the 2nd minute with a shot from Rooney way outside the box that hits the bar and goes in. Next possesion I'm runnin down the wing with Ronaldo, dribble past one defender, do a 360 around another and the prick disconnects... :D

Last edited:

Been playing this all night really stuggling to get into it, mechanically the game is fine, but there is something missing for me, just not seeing what you guys are seeing in this game, for me its very boring, uninspired and somewhat sterile in its gameplay, like others have pointed out all players seem to have no individuality, and for me this is making the game very one dimentional, really wanna get into this game really do.

there is an easy way to earn points play the leagues you dont want to play swap the teams with week ones and keep 1 good on to play with then simulate all your games and you should win the league no prob and will get the points at the end its cheating but i now have loads of 3rd kits and a few balls and boots, you also do it with cups

thats not really there in PES any more either, except for a few individuals everyone feels very generic

Anyone on Manager Mode finding the same gripes as me?:

1] Un-realistic run of home games in the league (think I played 5 in succession).
2] The CPU team never rotates their squad so you're playing against teams with energy bars already on blank (I even flicked through the squads of all the teams in the league and it was almost literally the best XI starting every single time). I believe this is a total contradiction to what one of the last releases of information from EA so they blatantly lied.
3] The CPU subs are not tactical - often a DF for a DF etc; I played Man Utd recently and they took Vidic off and brought Hargreaves on and he played the entire game at CB.
4] I am getting fouled about once every game and it's a definate card and I don't even get a free kick yet the CPU gets one everytime I look at him (this happened many times during my silly run of home, league, games).

I'm only playing on Semi-Pro (but all settings manual) so I can master the game - perhaps the AI of the CPU management increases when I up the skill level?

Saying ALL that though, the gameplay itself is still driving me to distraction to the point of obsession.

I played two games yesterday that were my most enjoyable ever.

Firstly, at home (how did you guess?) to Chelsea - the game was very tight, with tackles all over the place - them playing their usual long ball to Drogba, him, Fat Frank and Wright-Phillips diving all over the place and I eventually won 1-0 with an injury time Alonso winner. I scored that by playing in a cross with RB and Circle in front of Ashley Cole - it made the pass into a combo of through ball and cross field ball - bounced once, Alonso ghosted in at the far post, chested it down and slid it under Czech.

Second game - Tottenham (yep, at Anfield) and they're top of the league and me second. By half-time, they had taken the lead 3 times and I had equalised 3 times so it's 3-3. The second half was more cagey but I ended up scoring in the 96th minute to win 4-3!

Bloody fantastic.

Last edited:

I have also noticed the tactic being used online were people keep crossing it and wait for a daft defensive fuckup, like someone said where the defenders dont attack the ball and just stand still. its so annoying because most games are ending 1-0, 1-1,2-1 so it makes the differance!

To be honest the gameis starting to fall apart online ( I am now quite enjoying playing offline)

A good way to find a games weaknesses is always to play it online as you always get the tossers who take advantage of it!

Give me the PES cutback anyday over this crossing thing, and dodgy keeper stuff, atleast I could do SOMETHING to counteract the cutback so all was not lost.the crossing thing is pathestic.

I have always preferred playing offline on all football games. I HATED PES online and apart from a few good matches the other night online with FIFA 08, I have had too many laggy matches where I have had to quit because it was doing my head in.

Manager mode is SUPPPPPPEERRRRB though! Just won the Danish league with Kobenhagen! Runner-up in UEFA Cup too. :)

its possible to play with the third kits online?

there is an easy way to earn points play the leagues you dont want to play swap the teams with week ones and keep 1 good on to play with then simulate all your games and you should win the league no prob and will get the points at the end its cheating but i now have loads of 3rd kits and a few balls and boots, you also do it with cups

Just to re-iterate a point made earlier.

For fuck sake, please remove your sky telephone line before playing online guys.

I've now got 4 disconnects now, because of this piehole.

If sky have a problem with that,I may need to send the "big man" around.

Back
Top Bottom