FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Im playing with Saints in mine dunno how im doing Ill check after this game, 0-0 vs Bristol City half time :( Still time, still time!

how do you get to the skill moves screen in fifa 08 as ive seen them on the net but cant find it in the menu

omfg berbatov is awesome. Winning 1-0 at HT against some guy as arsenal online. Berbatov took like 3 players on and slotted it, so lifelike!

to get in goto the lobby and scroll to the bottom and press right till you get to Evo Web
[size=+1]
If there is no evo web lobby then feel free to create one! But make sure to check for one there first, as we could end up with lots of people online, but all in separate rooms! :lol:
[/size]

There's two pubs virtually attached to the ground. You can't miss them; the first one is the Prenton Park, traditional pub with a good mix of fans. After leaving the away end, turn right, and after a few yards you'll see it on the opposite side of the road. That's where I'd go.

If you want a more away-fan-filled pub (although I've never seen a problem in the Prenton), there's The Mersey Clipper. Much more modern pub, behind the main stand. Again, it's so close that it's only a few yards to walk. After leaving the away stand, turn left and follow the road and the railings until you see it on your left, you can't miss it.

Have fun - I'm tempted to go to this one myself, especially as it's only a fiver for under-23s tonight.

Hi Jack,

Just a few questions about this possible patch?

1) Can they add the game speed slider like they used to have in previous fifa's? As just a touch more speed would be spot on.

2) Also the shooting needs fixing along with the lofty crosses which are the only things that spoil it for me(along with the horrible faces).

I'm getting both games this year anyway, Still love PES always will, but a change is good now and again.

Cheers

Nack

Wheyyy Saints win to an 80th minute header by Saga! Woooooo, Viafara man of the match! 3pts again :D Lucky though should see this blunder and mishaps, I recorded it, its hilarious, the keeper was crap, the defence stood still and the attacker still missed its hilarious how it happened.

I noticed the ball has the home teams crest on it aswell, uite smart :D

Also my results are:

2nd after 7 games played, 5 wins (3 home 2 away), 2 draws (1 home 1 away) and no losses as of yet :D plus 15 goal difference with 11 scored at home 7 away and 2 goals conceeded at home and 1 away.

So far soo good!

You can only choose stadiums if you play an friendly match.
You can't do it in manager mode for example..

And you can't edit different teams to mix up a bit the stadiums they play in? Well that's a bit shit, quite typical of EA that they leave out the little things that would just add an extra 20% of shine and polish and love to the overall experience :(

Just played Barcelona vs Espanyol on World Class. CPU scored on 90+8m, with a super strike out of nowhere... Oh the PES memories...

Hi Jack,

Just a few questions about this possible patch?

1) Can they add the game speed slider like they used to have in previous fifa's? As just a touch more speed would be spot on.

That's not something that would get added in a patch, never ever, and that's ignoring the fact that EA don't patch their football games, they only release fixes for something that's really broken (like online not working at all or the game crashing and such), they don't give that much of a shit at the end of the day.

Good example is the 3 yellow cards bug in UCL on 360, if your player gets 3 yellow cards he's suspended for 1 match, then he returns for 1 match, then he's suspended for 1 match, then he returns for 1 match, then he's suspended for 1 match, yes it's a majorly annoying bug and majorly stupid it was never picked up in testing, did EA patch it in an Xbox live update? Did they fuck :(

FFS man lost again due to awful goal keeping. He shot from like 30 yards and friedel was in nomans land nowhere near his line. Shocking. It kills the game completely with fucking awful errors like this.

I've recently "converted" to FIFA, I use the "'s because I haven't actually played PES2008 yet but I got too impatient with waiting. On the first few games, I love it, the speed feels so real and it just feels more like a football match than a computer game.

I've got a few questions which I'm sure a few of you can answer:

1) Is there any way to put your money up/down quickly when putting a bid in on Manager Mode? Takes forever if you want to be generous!

2) Whenever I seem to concede a freekick anywhere near the edge of the area against a slightly above-average free-kick taker they always seem to score. Is there any way of defending these/positioning the keeper to the obvious position?

3) Is there any easy way to go from bottom/top of the squad when making substitutions? If you have a big squad it takes forever scrolling 1 by 1 on the names.

4) A lot my shots seem to either roll along the ground or go skying over the bar, is there any shot control type button like on PES?

Any of these answers will be greatly appreciated, I'm sure I've got a couple more but I can't think of them right now, they're the main things that are bugging me in the game atm, luckily most of them are small issues!

Lag is starting to take over now too! What is going on? The game is being ruined by some awful things. They really take away the enjoyment of the game. Stupid keepers are starting to appear regular :|

I have just been told to "fuck off!" from the PES/WE discussions thread! It is so angry in there! :(

1) dunno aint started one
2) I find keeping hold of Y helps.
3)No
4)Learn to power shots accordingly. RB is curler.

I can answer them all haha.

1) No

2) No, maybe switch player and put him on the line.

3) Nope, all you can do is go from the button press right or left and it goes to advance, but if you are trying to sub, you lose the player you are subbing and have to scroll down again :(

4) RB is the finesse shot, but most is down to positioning etc.

Guys i just sold my Fifa08 copy not because the game wasnt good for me.. it is (fucking enjoyed) but i also want to buy PES2008 and dont want 2 have two footies.

Well anyway if Fifa keeps this way on in the future i will switch PES for Fifa..

I loved this game for the couple of days played on :)

That's not something that would get added in a patch, never ever, and that's ignoring the fact that EA don't patch their football games, they only release fixes for something that's really broken (like online not working at all or the game crashing and such), they don't give that much of a shit at the end of the day.

Good example is the 3 yellow cards bug in UCL on 360, if your player gets 3 yellow cards he's suspended for 1 match, then he returns for 1 match, then he's suspended for 1 match, then he returns for 1 match, then he's suspended for 1 match, yes it's a majorly annoying bug and majorly stupid it was never picked up in testing, did EA patch it in an Xbox live update? Did they fuck :(

I know Joe Booth personally, used to go clubbing with him in Leeds and Harrogate always wondered where he'd gone after Harrogate and now I know, think he went to ubisoft in france first before he went to ea!

I'll be speaking to him when I can find a contact for him, think i'll point the mistakes out, he always hated that! lol

Something weird just happened. I was playing live with a dude who i shared a great connection with (3 bars) then 5 minutes in the game is paused, i click on resume game, i get a message "connection has been lost" and session quit bla bla. What happened?

Argh, lol Im shite at this game I was all over real for 80 ins of the game then the tide turned against me (notice that its kinda like fight night in that respect) that it can just turn on you given the cpu has a good spell - like in real life, anyway 2 late goals from van nistelhorse put me out of the cup. :(

Loved it though :)

bought fifa last night, technically might be a good football simulation, but by god its boring and souless to play.

Played about 10 games so far, its just dull to play, even when you score there is no excitment, it might be a good football simulation, but its not a very good computer game upto now.

Last edited:

I have just been told to "fuck off!" from the PES/WE discussions thread! It is so angry in there! :(

Immature fanboys who can't accept any kind of constructive criticism of their beloved PES, funny how people come in here to bash or troll Fifa and we just ignore them, and they say Fifa is played by "boys"? ;)

One thing i feel, is i don't recognise the "individuality" of players in FIFA, as much as i do in PES, if anyone gets what i mean. Often, i'm not always sure who's on the ball in my team, which has me squinting at the tiny player name on screen.

One thing i feel, is i don't recognise the "individuality" of players in FIFA, as much as i do in PES, if anyone gets what i mean. Often, i'm not always sure who's on the ball in my team, which has me squinting at the tiny player name on screen.

Exactly how I feel, although I know my players I don't get the excitement when I bring a brilliant new player in to the team. Just feels like they're the same as everyone else just you can maybe do skills better and run faster with them.

Back
Top Bottom