FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Is anyone else constantly losing goals in the last minute of normal time???

Last night I was 1-0 up,3 TIMES IN A ROW, only to lose a goal in the 89th/90th minute each time.

And I lost each game on penalties.

Ah well, I'm off to do a Jay and Silent Bob on every fucker who quit on me.

See ya'll later.

Is anyone else constantly losing goals in the last minute of normal time???

Last night I was 1-0 up,3 TIMES IN A ROW, only to lose a goal in the 89th/90th minute each time.
This is really weird, three people have said this to me now and I haven't seen it once - yet I saw it in PES every other game. :|

Perhaps it's because I play the game like Football Manager and so I go more defensive with ten minutes to go...

This is really weird, three people have said this to me now and I haven't seen it once - yet I saw it in PES every other game. :|

Perhaps it's because I play the game like Football Manager and so I go more defensive with ten minutes to go...

Aye, In fairness mate,over 90 minutes,I Tend to play an "Attacking" game...:lol:

Oh Christ, that's bad news.

He's worked on Championship Manager though, which is good (he'll be aiming for a simulation too), so it could have been worse.

I think so!!

I hope he does not mess with the engine and just tweaks dead ball situations add dynamic weather etc, etc.

It could go backwards if we have some bloke that does not understand the game.

We should be ok.

I hear that some bloke called Seabass has been offered a post within Electronic Arts...

Apparently David Rutter worked on Championship Manager 06, wasn't that the first crappy Eidos version? ie the one after SI split and moved to Sega? Personally I think it's a bad idea to move producers, they need to build on what they've developed for 08, not hand it over to a different producer who may well have a completely different mindset which then makes 09 a "first" version again and we're sat hoping 10 is the polished, feature rich second version........

Typical EA they leave the moronic "gangsta" loving Kudo Tsunoda in charge of 3 versions of Fight Night and then move Joe Booth off the next gen Fifa after one version......

On a positive side, if he comes to the project with the aims of having a manager mode as deep as championship manager we'll all be kissing his feet next year ;)

Well, hopefully Mr. Booth layed the foundation for this Rutter guy. I hope so, because 08 is getting a lot of praise which Mr. Rutter surely would want to continue by building upon it.

We shall see.

[size=+2]Here's a great idea, EA:[/size]

How about... whilst I'm in the middle of a challenge mode ('The Main Man'), you sign me out of my profile, I go on to complete the challenge (score 5 goals with Drogba and complete 25 short passes with Lampard), but then have the game tell me that I cannot save, NOR load, my profile whilst in a game mode, meaning my completed challenge was done in vain. Great fucking idea.

On another note, get rid of the fucking "he's a bundle of energy" every cunting time Shaun Wright-Phillips gets the ball - Piss off, Tyler, you cretin.

:lmao::lol:Tyler seems to have some sort of terrets when Wright-phillips gets the ball.

I must say there are basic elements missing from this game.
2 years into next gen and you cannot save replays to your hard drive.Who the fuck wants to upload a video for 3 minutes in the middle of a match.

You should be able to make your own montage in the game and save it to a pc for movie making.

Last edited:

I must say there are basic elements missing from this game.
2 years into next gen and you cannot save replays to your hard drive.Who the fuck wants to upload a video for 3 minutes in the middle of a match.

Absolutely. And to make matters worse, it hardly fucking works.

PS. I'm not annoyed.

Absolutely. And to make matters worse, it hardly fucking works.

PS. I'm not annoyed.

Its not worked for me once yet so I am not bothering.Why spend so much money and time on a new sohisticated upload servise when just simple code to the HDD would be a god Job.

If I score a great goal then i will record it from my camera, edit on my PC and either upload to here or youtube.

PS. I'm not annoyed.
:^o

It does shit like that in Tiger Woods 08 as well, so it's generic EA code obviously. Placebo said that his missus was cut off in the middle of her offline game and forced back to the menu, when the internet was cut off. Now that's ridiculous, now I think of pulling the ethernet cable out every time I play a game of Tiger Woods just in-case.

i played the game for about 7hr with my friend mostly multiplayer games agaist each other, & we both agreed the game its not as good fun as pes multiplayer, but still a good game, this game would have been so much better if the player reciving the ball, would respond & react at list 30% more faster, as u get to west lots of good runs from ur team mates, thanks to the slow players reaction, & the deffenders still play deep football same as the demo, i don't know why some people thought the gameplay has improve from the demo, i did not see any differenc. if this little thing where fixed would have made a big gameplay differenc, as we would feel more in controll with the players. i hope the manager mode its worth it.
still a good game but it could have been much better

Exactly how I feel, although I know my players I don't get the excitement when I bring a brilliant new player in to the team. Just feels like they're the same as everyone else just you can maybe do skills better and run faster with them.

yeh defo, I'm starting to go off Fifa already and this is one of the big reasons.

I just wish I knew how to make a football game. Because it would be perfect! :D

yeh defo, I'm starting to go off Fifa already and this is one of the big reasons.

I just wish I knew how to make a football game. Because it would be perfect! :D

That's where PES fills the gap! It's fun and those player faces are class!

Been playing Fifa on the 360 and PES 2008 Demo on the PC, and I have to admit that now i've got the graphics settings spot on, i'm getting more enjoyment out of PES.

Fifa is good in parts but it's lacking the feeling of pes when I score a goal, and it's too slow where pes is too fast for the time being.

Both have their merits and if Konami can slow the speed down just a touch then that's what i'll be playing most! Nice attempt EA but you've still not got it down yet, maybe next year quicken the pace, improve the bloody faces for christ sake and make the ball respond better when shooting and crossing.

We'll see when pes2008 pc is released, but i've still got the management side of fifa to mess around with so i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom