FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Great idea! Whoever makes this room, will it stay open even if nobody is in there? Also, whoever makes this room, please use the password: "play4fun", and create a new thread when it's made informing people!

Hope to play some of you guys online tonight in this room now :) But for now... back to work :( ;)

play4fun? Where did that come from?

hi,

i read the fifablog thread with the faults on fifa 08.
is it really possible to download a patch with some new features and update on the core game?

i don't think so! or true?

anyway, the bad things for me...

1. the keepers! i hate it when the it comes to a 1 vs 1 situation and my kepper comes very slow off...he make 10 steps forward than he stops and put the 10 steps backwards, and at least he jumps on to the ball...the other thing! the keeper on high ball! i would like to see iv someone cross the ball, i want see my keeper going "in the Ball" quick!

2. the reaction of the players should be faster!

cheers

How do you go into and find rooms - Sorry I'm new to this - I have just been playing Quick Ranked matches online.

Also how do you invite someone to play? (Sure this is linked to the rooms anyway)

Cheers.

so so many quitters.

Just won a guy 2-0 with Roma then (He went juve). Some great players online and a LOT of sore losers.

How do you go into and find rooms - Sorry I'm new to this - I have just been playing Quick Ranked matches online.

Also how do you invite someone to play? (Sure this is linked to the rooms anyway)

Cheers.

I'd like to play you ;)

PES2008 goes to the movies!

The Matrix:

0496.jpg

Star Wars: (Use the Force Luke)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bDMTErBZzc

:D

Ok i feel like a total noob here but how do i add people to my 360 list? I havent done this in ages lol

edit: ok found it

Last edited:

i have created a room

Evo Web
play4fun

dunno if the rooms stay though

yeah they do i think to get in goto the lobby and scroll to the bottom and press right till you get to Evo Web

The response is not slow and I wish everybody will stop saying it is. It is DIFFERENT to PES in that you cannot turn on a central pivot after running at full speed...i agree it feels sluggish but it only feels that way because the players have weight/balance/momentum to them and have to stop and rejig their balance before they can run in the complete opposite direction. NHL games have been doing it for years.

You're comparing the momentum of footballers to that of ice hockey players? Interesting.

I'd like to play you ;)

I'm not that bad at the game - just shit at anything to do with computers in general, also online games - as I have just had my xbox for just over a month and therefore new to online gaming.

I just like playing the games :-)

If you want to play, send me a friend request Gamertag is bbbybx. I won't be on till very late tonight though. If not tonight then maybe tomorrow.

People online in general are pretty good though - Only had a couple of people disconnect on me - had some really good games.

Anyway back to work.

When i see how many are complaining about the difficulty of this game, i now know what they mean in the commercials.

CAN YOU FIFA08?

Many will answer: No!^^

But the most crititcs about fifa are not true for me...

I have no problems with defending AI headers,
i have no problems with responsetime (tbh it feels more real how it is)
i habe no problems with scoring (semi shooting for me)
i have no problems with winning 1on1 situations (tricksystem rocks)

But 1 thing sucks a little bit: The AI FKs...They score to much with it. I have tried many things like positioning a defender beside the GK but it doesn't help.

To summ it up: I love this game

Guyhs i really dont see the cpu cheats when im playing. Im winning 1-0 now with Galaxy against Cadiz FC and theyre crap, but Dani is awesome for them. Theyre varying their attacks and making a few silly mistakes.

Maybe there are cheats in manager mode then? Dont see them in friendlies. Im on world class btw. Couldnt score on professional hardly now im scoring regularly on world class against poo teams :D

Manual shooting once mastered makes you go crazy when you score :)

I'm getting over the response times - Still annoying but only slightly now.

The one thing in this whole game that infuriates me is trying to bring out the keepers!!

This is completely flawed and definately needs to be fixed - I feel I have no control over him what so ever! The more you press the button the further he should come forward and at a decent speed!! If you want to back off take the finger off the button - It should be so simple.

But no - I keep me finger down so hard and the little prick starts coming forward so slowley and edging forwards and then backwards - JUST MOVE FORWARD quickly AND GET THE FUCKING BALL!!!!

It's my only gripe at the moment - it makes my blood boil. Other than that the game is very enjoyable.

When i see how many are complaining about the difficulty of this game, i now know what they mean in the commercials.

CAN YOU FIFA08?

Many will answer: No!^^

But the most crititcs about fifa are not true for me...

I have no problems with defending AI headers,
i have no problems with responsetime (tbh it feels more real how it is)
i habe no problems with scoring (semi shooting for me)
i have no problems with winning 1on1 situations (tricksystem rocks)

But 1 thing sucks a little bit: The AI FKs...They score to much with it. I have tried many things like positioning a defender beside the GK but it doesn't help.
To summ it up: I love this game

Barca beat me 8-1 on world class and none was from a FK. They actually had 3 FKs ;)

Whats with the transfers in manager mode, can only offer 5 times or something? and only the ones on the transfer list?

Also the refs I think are awful, where is the ref, I always try looking at the ref, to see whose throwing it is if I dont know, cause they point, but thats not that big, but they give away stupid penalties for the computer, i gave two away from infront of the player with an A tackle, they can crunch me and its play on :S Although I did get one soft one on the demo. Ruins the game at times, you can do amazing play skip past a player well slow skip, and then slid, and nothing for the beautiful play :(

The computer is soo annoying especially on Legendary and World Class because they do this stupid little thing where they get the ball, and they like turn around in a 360 movement, and turn much faster, and the defender cant keep up, around your player, and you ant tackle them, all of their players do it, so frustration, you try it, and they push you off the ball.

I swear when you change difficulty, the main change at the top levels, is somehow the other players get faster and stronger, im playing on Legendary, but did th oter ones to get the achievements.

And on Legendary, they always somehow magically find a way to score and more often to equalise! :( So frustrating.

Also I agree, all the teams play the EXACT same type of football, Real Madrid, Charlton, Norwich them all... also all players do feel the same, and there is some dodgy keepers left, I played my mate the other day, sao paulo (me) vs his I cant remember actually, I know I won 2-1 and they were all dodgy goals.

Its a good game, although it tends to get a bit boring against the computer, cause they do the same over and over, out to the wings, and do that stupid 360 move lol, I dunno why I jut cant tackle them when they do it.

Whens the online league starting? Also what is lobby mode about?

Last edited:

Guyhs i really dont see the cpu cheats when im playing. Im winning 1-0 now with Galaxy against Cadiz FC and theyre crap, but Dani is awesome for them. Theyre varying their attacks and making a few silly mistakes.

I don't see them either. The CPU scores from set-pieces quite a bit but that makes play even more intense - I try not to give away free-kicks as I would of in previous football games thinking "Oh I'll hack him down, the CPU never scores free kicks anyway."

i keep getting hacked and not getting a free kick its stupid :( They implement a skill button then when you use it and get fouled you get nothing. Ridiculous

FUCKIN HELL. They seriously need to balance out the cpu tackling its awful. I got hacked for the entire game and they didnt even get a fk against them.

Last edited:

Kevano I agree, its annoying me a lot as well, I do great passing movement or an amazing run to get slid and get nothing, for you to A tackle the computer and they get a free kick or penalty :( Well for me thats the case...

Just played a cracking Fa cup tie. Leeds vs Liverpool. Very tight game with me as Liverpool bossing most of it but only creating minor openings, the best in the first half a Rise shot into the side netting and a Gerrard side footer from outside, best they had was a sliced effort. Gray complains at half ime and we kick off the second half, Leeds are getting more confident and trying to attack me a bit more, but on about 70 minutes i break away 3 on three with Xavi Alonso, there defence backs off until outside the area where i strike it from 35 yards into the far corner, absoloutely sublime goal.

Then two minutes later they get a free kick half way pump it long, Beckford takes it on the chest turns and half volleys it powerfully past Reina on the edge of the box, 1-1.

Then just near the end i work the ball wide, pull out the odd defender with voronin and feed it back to Gerrard about 30 yards out who hits a glorious bouncing daisycutter through the defenders on the edge of the box, wide of the keeper and into the far corner. Absoloutely stunning. Was so lifelike it was unreal.

I play with these settings.

passing: semi
lobs: assisted
shooting : manual
through ball: manual
crossing: semi

I've recently "converted" to FIFA, I use the "'s because I haven't actually played PES2008 yet but I got too impatient with waiting. On the first few games, I love it, the speed feels so real and it just feels more like a football match than a computer game.

I've got a few questions which I'm sure a few of you can answer:

1) Is there any way to put your money up/down quickly when putting a bid in on Manager Mode? Takes forever if you want to be generous!

2) Whenever I seem to concede a freekick anywhere near the edge of the area against a slightly above-average free-kick taker they always seem to score. Is there any way of defending these/positioning the keeper to the obvious position?

3) Is there any easy way to go from bottom/top of the squad when making substitutions? If you have a big squad it takes forever scrolling 1 by 1 on the names.

4) A lot my shots seem to either roll along the ground or go skying over the bar, is there any shot control type button like on PES?

Any of these answers will be greatly appreciated, I'm sure I've got a couple more but I can't think of them right now, they're the main things that are bugging me in the game atm, luckily most of them are small issues!

Anyway, back to playing! :D

I love this game in Manager Mode, I don't find it boring at all. It is very difficult admittidly. I have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 so far playing as PSG. I love it!

Is it possible to buy FIFA08 UK and play with it on a french XBOX 360?

Back
Top Bottom