FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Seems like there's two different versions of the game around because half the things people are posting are contradictory to what other people are posting, Ozkar says the Merseyside derby is never discussed in the commentary, hell we've all heard it discussed in the video Jack released, he says he has never seen the AI give the ball away, doesn't Jack talk about that in his "review" that the AI are realistic in the face that even the best teams do misplaced passes from time to time?

Well I have now played a few more games and the CPU has made some errors. =) Finally!

But the commentator thing is still the same for me.

Just started my first match man u vs barca on world class playing on their ground and im hammered 0-4 due to my crap defending and still getting used to controls haha. All Eto'o goals. I'm loving this really.

I'd like to know if results between cpu matches are realistic in manager mode. And in ur team are the strikers still scoring 90% of ur team goals or are there more varied goalscorers like real life, fifa 07 had these problem. Finally would like to know if gameplay is good to keep u playing and enjoying all games in career or do you feel like simulating all matches.????

tnx in advance

ps:sorry for bad english

Pls can someone stop playing alitle bit and answer this, ;)

Five days on and I'm still loving this game. PES is not even a consideration this year and until the game engine gets an overhaul it's staying that way.

But I have a few gripes with FIFA:

-Kit errors. Too many as far as I'm concerned. The top teams are spot on but lesser teams have mistakes all over the place. Missing squad names, names overlaying shirt sponsors. makes me wonder if FIFA 08 was correctly play tested or they just didn't care? Update please EA.

-Stadiums on manager/league mode. Every team plays at Stadio de Las Artes, or one of the generic lower league grounds. This gets a bit boring and takes something away from the whole experience for me. Why can't we allocate a stadium for each team like PES? Surely this could be fixed with an update?

-Saving replays. Why do we have to upload them? Thats all well and good but I want to save some of my goals to my HD for my own personal enjoyment. Or has single player gaming now officially died? Again, could this be patched?

Has anyone else come across the bug that if your the host online, and you make a substution, and your opponent does too, it only does his when the ball goes out of play, but not yours?

Yeah, I've noticed this. It's really stupid because neither substitutions nor tactical changes take effect. EA better fix this soon.

Hi I have uploaded a goal - and it has a download option. I have downloaded it onto my computer but I can't seem to open it?!

What application do you use to see goals when you have downloaded them from the website?

all the players feeling the same has me really concerned... this is what PES used to have nailed down, its one of the main reasons i love that game...

I'm relieved other people have noticed cracks appearing, and that it's not just me. I fear we have gotten a bit over-excited when we played the demo. FIFA 08 is still a great game, but the flaws are starting to show and I hope the game can last out past these flaws. I have faith it will :)

In the meantime, I need more practice. I realise the response is slow and I just have to deal with it (although I shouldn't have to deal with it, it shouldn't be an issue to deal with in the first place) and I'll stick with it. I just need to get more ideas and creativity when I'm up front. And EA need to fix those defenders and make them less rigid (the CB's at least).

Regarding the fatigue issue, are you noticing it as worse during the first few matches of the season? 07 had a simulated "match fitness" so that it takes about 5 or 6 games from the start of the season to be match fit, before that amount of games the players get tired quicker and recover slower between matches.......

Would be interesting if someone could start manager mode and deliberately not improve their fitness coach, stick with the exact same starting 11 no matter how bad their fitness is for 5 or 6 games and see if the fitness problems start to ease after that?

I just upgraded yesterday, after roughly 15 games, I have to say that fatigue was becoming more and more of an issue. I was rotating more than Rafa!

The response is not slow and I wish everybody will stop saying it is. It is DIFFERENT to PES in that you cannot turn on a central pivot after running at full speed...i agree it feels sluggish but it only feels that way because the players have weight/balance/momentum to them and have to stop and rejig their balance before they can run in the complete opposite direction. NHL games have been doing it for years.

Ok 1st game done i lost 8-1 to barca on world class. I'm really impressed with everything though. Not sure about the unresponsiveness everyone talking about?

The response is not slow and I wish everybody will stop saying it is. It is DIFFERENT to PES in that you cannot turn on a central pivot after running at full speed...i agree it feels sluggish but it only feels that way because the players have weight/balance/momentum to them and have to stop and rejig their balance before they can run in the complete opposite direction. NHL games have been doing it for years.

Nobody is comparing it to PES, comparing it to anything would show it is slow. I keep going back to second balls, the CPU can get there in a split second. Yet when a human tries to move to a second ball, it's too late because the CPU is already there by the time the player moves towards it.

Balance does play a part indeed, but it's the player not moving when you want him to, or trotting along a pre-determined line when the CPU is steaming in to catch a loose ball. That's what's annoying me and other people. Like someone else said, the CPU can dance through your defence, turn on a six-pence, run full speed and stop suddenly to face another direction with PERFECT close control. But when a human tries the same actions, the CPU tackles you straight away, or catches up with you regardless of who you are and how fast you are.

- Tactics are still rubbish. There's no real, tangible stats system. FIFA needs to have proper stats ala FM and PES, lest...
- The majority of players feel the same.
- Defence is still mono stylistic, whether you're playing Barnet or Barcelona.

completely agree with this points. On the other hand it's the first FIFA game since ages I have fun playing with.

Konami urgently needs a serious competitor, so I'm fine with all the (justified/unjustified) critics.

I'm excited to see what there will be next year...

I wish I could score a goal like that. My players literally use their head when it comes to finishing. :lol:

the reviews are quite harsh, but do have some good/true points. Take the FIFA hype around plus the bad reviews and you'll get the truth:
- a good game, some taste of fresh air

Time will tell if it's as deep as it claims. I don't want to switch back to PES6/360 for the moment, but I can't say what I'm gonna play in 4 weeks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otP16FAaDxM

The CBs definately were all over the place there :mryellow:

True, but that's a chipped ball over the top. Chipped balls and wing-play are the easiest way to get a shot. But playing a slow passing game and working it around the defence is rock-hard. The back four (or defensive line at any rate) VERY rarely break regardless of the team you're playing.

Yea, good point. That's kind of true of real life though, most goals do come from build up play and then the ball going out wide, that's how defences become stretched and players get out of position.

I am finding that switching between the levels helps with he frustration. Played a couple on Semi pro and played well, switched to pro and lost but it was closer than my games on that level before.Semi pro gives you a bit more space and that allows you to experiment with short and long passing, building confidence to help in the harder difficulties.

I am not thrashing the CPU, infact I scraped through on penalties in the 2nd round of the league cup at home to Northampton.

Some may well find it better switching between difficulties, it certainly helped me a tad.

Yea, good point. That's kind of true of real life though, most goals do come from build up play and then the ball going out wide, that's how defences become stretched and players get out of position.

Maybe that's my downfall. I don't want to play to the wings, I want to play about the centre of the pitch and pick some some through-balls out, play some pass-and-move, Arsenal style. I can occasionally do it on the counter, but when my forward gets the ball and is faced with two CB's, I have to turn back to pass because the CB's are so hard to try and run past (And I can't do tricks haha, which again could be an issue for me!).

I'm doing okay on World Class, I've never conceded more than two goals and can hold a team to 0-0 apart from mistakes by me or my defenders not reacting quick enough to a play. I just need to work my attacking game :)

Nice Snoop, it will definately come with time :) Though not when you're playing against me! :lol:

Snoop im starting to wonder what you want the centre backs to do when your passing it round "slow". In real life, if you kept passing the ball round, the midfield will do the chasing and the centre backs will watch their man. Im convinced that you need to try a differnt style of play lol. I like to play the pass and move football and it works a treat on fifa, you just have to bide your time. The defenders will come out if you have an extra man up there who they cant deal with!

Snoop im starting to wonder what you want the centre backs to do when your passing it round "slow". In real life, if you kept passing the ball round, the midfield will do the chasing and the centre backs will watch their man. Im convinced that you need to try a differnt style of play lol. I like to play the pass and move football and it works a treat on fifa, you just have to bide your time. The defenders will come out if you have an extra man up there who they cant deal with!

I need to get a game with you and watch your style of play then mate :)

Anyone wants to play me online(360)? My 3rd game only here, a noob. Feel free to take advantage of it ;) Where can i find people from evoweb to play against online?

Anyone wants to play me online(360)? My 3rd game only here, a noob. Feel free to take advantage of it ;) Where can i find people from evoweb to play against online?

Add everyone in the 360 GamerTag thread as friends, then go inviting everyone online to a game, someone will accept :)

Anyway, we can create an Evo-Web room and password-protect it, right? That would make things easier. :)

Great idea! Whoever makes this room, will it stay open even if nobody is in there?

[size=+1] Also, whoever makes the EVO WEB FIFA08 XBOX room, please use the password: "play4fun", and create a new thread when it's made informing people![/size]

Hope to play some of you guys online tonight in this room now :) But for now... back to work :( ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom