FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Did you notice any of the annoying things I mentioned a couple of posts back?

I played 2 home matches in a row a few times but that's pretty normal I thought? Nothing out of the ordinary really mate. Maybe it happens to certain leagues? :)

Cor blimey people dont half gripe - face it - youll never get the perfect football game, it just wont happen. Just enjoy it for what it is.

And switch on manual shooting its so much more fulfilling ;)

I agree with Antred!

I just started a Manager Mode with Manchester United. Half-time with Chelsea and it's 0-0. Had such a good first half, I absolutely killed them with possession! I LOVE this game!

Cor blimey people dont half gripe - face it - youll never get the perfect football game, it just wont happen. Just enjoy it for what it is.

And switch on manual shooting its so much more fulfilling ;)

I disagree on that one mate. I think manual shooting makes it far to difficult to score and makes the game less 'real'.

for example with manual there is no room for error, slightly push the stick to far and it goes miles wide. I had this when through on goal with nedved for Juve. running in at a slight angle I wanted to slot it low in the far post but because my aim was every so slightly off it went miles wide.

In real life nedved would have atleast hit the target..in real life I would have hit the target!

the shooting needs to give you the ability to finish like a pro would but also mess up if your aim is way out or your power is wrong for the situation.

I think semi-assist is the most 'real life' alternative.

Had a good few days wioth FIFA 08, its impressing me and yet annoying me at the same time. I play on PS3, played 7 games online, despite losing them all ive enjoyed the games, i had everything set to manual, maybe i should try assisted for a while, one thing though, some players have a headset icon against their name, so, i paired my bluetooth earpiece to the PS3, that was easy, but ingame i could not chat to the people i was playing..any ideas???? also. after an online game, i seem to be bumped back to the arena....am i doing something wrong???

It seems amazing game testers and the guys at EA don't pick up on the things it's taken most people on here a couple of days to spot...

What the hell are they doing there kissing each others butt.......

Does anyone know what happens when I reach winter in the English Premier League? Does the yellow Nike ball get used? Also, in European matches, does the ball change? Silly questions I know. :)

My teams stats(Hearts) are back up to 3 stars with Nade included !!!

Even online,woo hoo.

Has anyone else's teams star level raised with the squad update?

I think I have to agree with some of the posts here. After the initial 'Wow' of the game, it's all gone.

The response times are still poor IMO, I still can't play the one touch 'Roma' style football that I love to play. Goalkeepers are stupid, they'll make a great save once, and other times, they'll stand like idiots letting the goals in. Scoring goals is very difficult, and very rarely do I hit the target.

And most important thing is that players seem all the same. This is where WE is spot on. None of the players have any individuality if you know what I mean. I spent another 3 hours last night, trying to convince myself, but I can't play the game anymore. It's just gets too boring now. Another year of WE again I guess :(

I think I have to agree with some of the posts here. After the initial 'Wow' of the game, it's all gone.

The response times are still poor IMO, I still can't play the one touch 'Roma' style football that I love to play. Goalkeepers are stupid, they'll make a great save once, and other times, they'll stand like idiots letting the goals in. Scoring goals is very difficult, and very rarely do I hit the target.

And most important thing is that players seem all the same. This is where WE is spot on. None of the players have any individuality if you know what I mean. I spent another 3 hours last night, trying to convince myself, but I can't play the game anymore. It's just gets too boring now. Another year of WE again I guess :(

More and more posts like this coming in. It's a shame, FIFA is still a good game but it's the annoying things that nearly ruin the game for me. PES is still far too fast but I'm going to buy it as an alternative. FIFA just makes me too angry and tempted to throw my pad (and no I don't need anger management :lol: ), when it works it works well. When some of these flaws rear their head, it all goes pear shaped.

I must admit playing the CPU is pretty shitty, because they rarely give the ball away due to passing and the defences are really tight in the middle meaning your mainly crossing the balls in for most of the match which gets boring

But online is fucking superb, thats because your not playing against the Super AI and we are prone to errors :)

Online/multiplayer is by far the best way to play this game

We need a new football franchise.
I have a feeling I won't like PES 2008 either, having not enjoyed FIFA.
:(

I must admit playing the CPU is pretty shitty, because they rarely give the ball away due to passing and the defences are really tight in the middle meaning your mainly crossing the balls in for most of the match which gets boring

But online is fucking superb, thats because your not playing against the Super AI and we are prone to errors :)

Online/multiplayer is by far the best way to play this game

I agree, online is far better. But it's a shame to have a quality Manager Mode if it's not so good playing the CPU, huge waste. If they just toned the AI a bit more then they could sort it out.

None of the players have any individuality if you know what I mean.

I don't get that. I am currently playing as Man United and EVERY player feels different to me. I love the way Ronny runs with the ball. The PES players don't seem realistic AT ALL to me. They are all like robots.

Just to re-iterate a point made earlier.

For fuck sake, please remove your sky telephone line before playing online guys.

I've now got 4 disconnects now, because of this piehole.

If sky have a problem with that,I may need to send the "big man" around.

Yes!! I done that, fucking piece of shit contract bollocks, Mines unplugged and staying unplugged.

you hear me sky man

I have Virgin Media. 10 meg Cable broadband at it's finest! :)

I agree mate i was loving the game at first but now i geting bored!

I don't get that. I am currently playing as Man United and EVERY player feels different to me. I love the way Ronny runs with the ball. The PES players don't seem realistic AT ALL to me. They are all like robots.

I agree. You can feel the difference between players.

I'm playing as 1860 Munich and even in this team I can tell the difference between my fast and slow players, strong and weak, good passers and bad passers.
I have a very creative playmaker who can create moves like no-one else, and when he's not playing I notice the difference.

I just wish people would stop bashing the game on this aspect.

I can't stop playing it and I have owned it for 4 and a half days now. I must be a weirdo? ;)

so it seems that after the dust has settled, fifa is still brock and pro evo is still the king?

is this true?

PSM3 review sums up exactly what I think of FIFA 08

"The game is slow. Remarkably slow. EA might claim it's 'realistic', but the sluggish pace is jarring - after playing the new, 'more deliberate' Pro Evo 2008, FIFA 08 still feels like playing in treacle. Short, unnopposed, passes in midfield are reasonably fluid, but balls inexplicably go awry as you try to break into the last third, or as the opposition applies moderate pressure. The pace of the ball is really sluggish, so even top-class players like Fabregas struggle to direct simple one-touch passes to team-mates - you'd be quicker running towards the ball sometimes than waiting for it to arrive. Cross-field balls are more of a hoof than a Beckham-esque guided pass, seeing the sphere balloon skywards - giving the opposition plenty of time to wait for it to land and regain control of the match. The same can be said about crosses into the box - they simply float like bubbles towards the area."

(6.3/10)

Back
Top Bottom