FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I've been playing PES since the SNES (ISS Deluxe!), and this is the first time i am looking at FIFA08 - i spent like 6 hours on live yesterday!

It's a great game, and i can't be arsed to edit fake names and shite kits anymore. i could cope with that on the old formats, but this is next GEN!

same feeling here my friend

^ vs cpu...

i play online so I find myself playing various ways to deal with my opponents playing CPU of course cpu cheating will go on thats why I hate single player they do things not even some of the best players on xbox live could do and thats frustrate me :P without even scoring

I seriously would like to offer some advice. from what i found last year in Fifa 08 once i cahnged everyones formation to 442 it gave you more room and played like pro evo...

Played 8 games in career mode today and quit because it bacame that frustrating.

Played 4 games online and loved it.

that says it all really.

I feel like its difficult to improve your game, so it encourages you to play one way................wing, cross, header, pick up the bits and repeat, because this is the only area of the pitch that alows you to run and hve a bit of space.I have tried quick one,twos by pulling in the trigger and double tap pass, but by the time he has steadyed himself to play the return he is tackled.

it seems to me that the CPU has more time, can pass better,run quicker,turn quicker even though it has lesser players than my side.Surely thats a sign of CPU cheating.

I want to learn various ways of breaking down teams using clever through balls, intricate passing and great skill.IMHO there is no way to be able to do this on a game that the cpu is playing football like Karpov does chess at the middle difficulty.

I hate the thought of playing matches over and over again that is a case of getting wide to score..............it becomes predictable which this game is certainly not professing to be.The actual goals are diverse and beautiful to watch, but its the cpu scoring them and I dont really want to keep playing a game that I am struggling to just touch the surface because its just too hard.

Semi pro is too easy for me,but go up another level and its a pretty predictable outcome.

There is no space and I spend alot of time playing for ages at the back and then the cpu presses in this area so you quickly lose possession.I dunno one day i like it, the next day I dont.

I have swithed off the PES mentality, I am trying to play it like football but theres just no time and your own player AI is average against the CPU "Brazil 1970"(yeovil,southend,peterborough).Onlines different because your opponent allows you more space by closing down the ball and they cannot predict what you will do next,yet the CPU in this game knows what your next move is and so you have nowhere to go accept outwide.

I am becoming bored with the single player, and I thought I would never say that:(

A lot of your posts sum up exactly what I feel mate. I feel like I don't get time on the ball, I've already said about the CPU sprinting to the second ball while my player merely jogs (if that), the CPU does seem to react quicker too.

I'm going to try World Class tonight, everyone says it plays a better and more realistic game.

WTF!! I created 8 players tried a tournament. When finished a was told the squads/settings were set back to default. Now all my created players are lost, and I have saved my squads and fifa profile after ceating them, but they dont wont come back when loading my squads and profile.. What to do?? Please?

I LOVE that if a player strikes a ball really hard against the back of the net it rolls back out. The ball physics look SPOT-ON!

I LOVE that if a player strikes a ball really hard against the back of the net it rolls back out. The ball physics look SPOT-ON!

Yeah, they do look great, and also when you bang one in the sound is class :)

I find that the players look SPOT-ON when you are playing though and that is what is important to me. I can deal with bad faces close-up. They have definately improved over FIFA 07 for example. Rooney looked like a wrestler from the distance!

Anyone seen that HUGE player for Everton? I can't remember his name. I shat myself when he ran at my attacker earlier! :lol:

thanx a lot cammeyboy ;)

doesnt really look like him...
but i guess after i edit him, set untucked shirt, and give him his yellow vapors, it will be fine.

Last edited:

when the game came out 4 days ago everyone in here was impressed saying woow this game its so amazing & its much better then the demo,

& the next day was like this is the best football game ever but the responsivenes it killing the gameplay experienc sometimes,

& after that u read its good but, u see people complaining even more,

now it sims that sinlgle player mode its getting boring, with cpu cheating, what the hell its going on in here, what it ll be next???

it looks like the game its geting worst & worst everyday,
every time i read in here u see the people whu like the game the most complaining even more, & it's scaring me, as my copy will arrive 2morrow morning.

anyways the reasen why me & many pes fans bought fifa this year, was for the manager mode, as in pes u feelt u where cheated from cpu most of the time, but if this is the case in fifa 08, then this mode will get repeatitiv & boring very soon, & the other reasen why i & many others hated prewius fifa games was, cos the game had no length=depth & it was getting boring pretty fast after 3weeks of playing it. i really really hope, it will not be the case this year, time will tell.

anyways can't wait to play the game 2morrow & i ll try not to come in here & read cos u guys are spoiling the game for me with out even playing it yet;)

when the game came out 4 days ago everyone in here was impressed saying woow this game its so amazing & its much better then the demo,

& the next day was like this is the best football game ever but the responsivenes it killing the gameplay experienc sometimes,

& after that u read its good but, u see people complaining even more,

now it sims that sinlgle player mode its getting boring, with cpu cheating, what the hell its going on in here, what it ll be next???

it looks like the game its geting worst & worst everyday,
every time i read in here u see the people whu like the game the most complaining even more, & it's scaring me, as my copy will arrive 2morrow morning.

anyways the reasen why me & many pes fans bought fifa this year, was for the manager mode, as in pes u feelt u where cheated from cpu most of the time, but if this is the case in fifa 08, then this mode will get repeatitiv & boring very soon, & the other reasen why i & many others hated prewius fifa games was, cos the game had no length=depth & it was getting boring pretty fast after 3weeks of playing it. i really really hope, it will not be the case this year, time will tell.

anyways can't wait to play the game 2morrow & i ll try not to come in here & read cos u guys are spoiling the game for me with out even playing it yet

no game is perfect and everyone will find niggles the more they play, but this game is as close to footy as you can get

i played my mate lastnight online 20 mins each half.. played couple of games and it was like real footy, can't explain it but it was not like a game to me at all.This game really frustrates me, just because i am not as good as i would like to be, but i will get there (pes player for many years).

in a nutshell this is the only footy game i am getting this year, only time i gave bought fifa in the past was fifa 97, all the rest have been pes...

i have also noticed when you change the game settings, the game feels different (which is a good thing)

i have changed to

cursor change - manual
shooting - semi
pass - semi
long pass - manual
through ball - manual

and it feels allot different to me, although it takes some getting used to and i am still learning not to play it the assisted way, i feel i can do some better passes with it, into space where i couldn't with assisted

little diagnols into space etc, gives you more options i think..

i tried manual shooting, most of my shots well missed, but there was a time where if i was using asisted or semi the shot would of gone across the goal but using manual the player cut across the ball when he shot and it went to the near post just missing, it felt so good.. but i am far from good with manual shooting so have gone to semi for now.. my point is there is so much more to this game and we are only scratching the surface, fifa has all the tools and we only need to master them

i can imagine once all manuals are mastered then there is ever more to this game

Last edited:

For me the game just get better and better.

Cant agree more. Im doing a Manager Mode with My mate (both on the same side) as Sheffield United, It just feels like a different game,

got to chop and change what you do too keep you interested

awesome game

Back
Top Bottom