FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Placebo at least we have PGR4 this week. :)

We do? Cool I hadn't noticed that :)

Funny you should mention that mate.

I was unbeaten and in the top 6 after 4 games with Burnley.

I had just brought in Jason Euell and John Stead after selling Akinbye.

And I come against the Owls with both players making there debuts.

2 Deon Burton goals ended my unbeaten record.

They were fantastic going forward.

Sweet, don't suppose you know if Esajas played on the left wing? If his stats are any good he should be very quick, good dribbler, good crosser? :)

I asked before but i dont think anyone saw it so heres goes again :)

Does anyone have a list of who the players are in the Dutch team?

Manager Mode is TRULY awesome - I love it. I have started a season with Paris Saint-Germain. I just won my first game 1-0 (on world class) against Auxerre. I play a 4-3-3 formation and it was such a dull match but my goal was a beautiful slotted finish with Pauleta. I have never played a FIFA career before and this truly BLOWS the PES 'master league' mode away. The PSG kit looks so realistic, it's awesome.

I have just tried to sign Rui Costa on a free - hope he'll sign! :)

I have just set the difficulty from Professional to World Class and beat some crappy French team 2-0 with PSV. It just feels more realistic on World Class. They were good but hardly threatend whereas I was clinical. Seems much more balanced on world class :)

Sounds like someone is enjoying this game a lot!

I must get out of this hurrendous slump of drawing stupid matches like I have been!

I draw nearly every match 0-0. I have turned all assists on now to get used to it. It does make it slightly easier.

This game reminds me of when I first bought Pro Evo Soccer 1 on the first PlayStation. I remember LOVING the pace, the passing, build-up etc of that game but I couldn't score AT ALL for the first few weeks of owning it. FIFA 08 is all about craft and technique - you get punished for giving away the ball like in real footy. I bloody LOVE THIS GAME.

I draw nearly every match 0-0. I have turned all assists on now to get used to it. It does make it slightly easier.

This game reminds me of when I first bought Pro Evo Soccer 1 on the first PlayStation. I remember LOVING the pace, the passing, build-up etc of that game but I couldn't score AT ALL for the first few weeks of owning it. FIFA 08 is all about craft and technique - you get punished for giving away the ball like in real footy. I bloody LOVE THIS GAME.
Ah so you dont use Manual Shooting then? is it too erratic for you?

I've been playing the game a lot recently and I absolutely love it!
But a few things bothers me. In all of my games against the CPU I have not seen them give one ball away, they never make a wrong pass. And I feel there is a very small diffrence in difficulty when playing against Chelsea compared to playing against Colchester for example.

And I do also think that the reactions of some player are very poor at times. A player like Fabregas should be able to turn pretty quick with the ball, that's the way he play football.

Ah so you dont use Manual Shooting then? is it too erratic for you?

I don't use manual. I started playing it with manual but it's just too tough. My shots go VERY wide everytime (even when I play with Barcelona or Man United.) I have just turned assists ON everything - just until I get really good at the game, then I'll switch to semi and eventually manual. :)

We do? Cool I hadn't noticed that :)

Sweet, don't suppose you know if Esajas played on the left wing? If his stats are any good he should be very quick, good dribbler, good crosser? :)

Is he the African Fella with shaggy hair and Yellow Nike Boots if so yes he was very good.

I've been playing the game a lot recently and I absolutely love it!
But a few things bothers me. In all of my games against the CPU I have not seen them give one ball away, they never make a wrong pass. And I feel there is a very small diffrence in difficulty when playing against Chelsea compared to playing against Colchester for example.

And I do also think that the reactions of some player are very poor at times. A player like Fabregas should be able to turn pretty quick with the ball, that's the way he play football.

The CPU has made LOADS of mistakes against me over the last few days of playing. Earlier, the CPU was Auxerre he gave the ball away twice and hit an AWFUL cross over the bar. Andy Gray "That was truly awful!". I was pissing myself laughing! :D

Can someone in the UK do me a favor? I have been trying to email and call Virgin Megastores UK to see how long it takes to deliver to the United States. I can't get in touch with anyone, and no one has emailed me back. Can someone call 0845 277 7447 and find out for me please?

Thanks

Anyone want to help a yank out?

The CPU has made LOADS of mistakes against me over the last few days of playing. Earlier, the CPU was Auxerre he gave the ball away twice and hit an AWFUL cross over the bar. Andy Gray "That was truly awful!". I was pissing myself laughing! :D
Hey matey what level do you play the game on? Must hook up with you on Xbox Live when I move house :)

Ozkar I have noticed that too. Players tend to take an age to turn at times and it really hacks you off...

Yeah it really does. But the game is still amazing! I have NEVER enjoyd a football game this much. With other football games you played it for like a few days and after that you played once in a while. But this game is diffrent!

Also;

HOW GOOD IS THE SOUNDTRACK!? I love the artists EA have chosen, especially Simian Mobile Disco!

holy shit.. Plan M are you like my long lost brother or something? I love that Simian Mobile Disco I believe track :) its coolness!

I found a picture of us from last year:

jb_header_03.jpg

Is he the African Fella with shaggy hair and Yellow Nike Boots if so yes he was very good.

Hmm well he's supposed to have short cornrows but Jack said he has some beatle hairstyle for some fucked up EA reason, he didn't wear yellow boots in the match I saw him play, but knowing EA and all that ;) He should be on the left wing wearing number 11 that's all I know......

Back
Top Bottom