FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Agreed with the comment of like playing PES1. I remember being in my friends and I just couldnt score. Its the same buzz, I love it. Having some amazing games online. Just Lost 1-0 to Madrid with Liverpool. I should have won, the manual shooting is a bitch but when you score one you feel SO good about it.

I hit the bar with Babbel too :(

Hmm well he's supposed to have short cornrows but Jack said he has some beatle hairstyle for some fucked up EA reason, he didn't wear yellow boots in the match I saw him play, but knowing EA and all that ;) He should be on the left wing wearing number 11 that's all I know......

Ill check when I get home mate and try and grab a screen for you :)

Now im playing online with Sunderland v Man Utd.

Here goes....

EDIT: HT 0-0 Dwight Yorke controlling the game in CM :D

Andy cole to come on on 70 mins and grab the win ;)

FT 0-0 he hasnt had a shot!!

COLE HAS HIT THE POST ON STOPPAGE TIME FIRST HALF EXTRA TIME OMFG!!!

OMFG KENWYNE JONESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

wtf one shot one goal on 90 mins he has scored
BULL CRAP MAN

Full TIme 1-1, now we need pens and i will lose

Last edited:

Now im playing online with Sunderland v Man Utd.

Here goes....

EDIT: HT 0-0 Dwight Yorke controlling the game in CM :D

Andy cole to come on on 70 mins and grab the win ;)

:applause: Brilliant result mate. I bet you worked your boll*cks off for that!

FUCK FOOTBALL AND FOOTBALL PENALTIES.

Van der saar tipped my fourth pen onto the bar and it bounced down and OUT.

I lost on pens. The biggest miscarriage of justice Ive seen since keane stamped on alfe inge fuckin haaland

I had 17 shots and 59% possesion, Dwight Yorke is the best

EDIT: The MoM is bullshit too, tevez got it when he touched the ball once and scored. Yorke was everywhere.

To be frank I would rather shag a 15 year old with a fanny like a mouses ear, and go down for 6 years than buy Pro Evo this year.

Last edited:

Hmm well he's supposed to have short cornrows but Jack said he has some beatle hairstyle for some fucked up EA reason, he didn't wear yellow boots in the match I saw him play, but knowing EA and all that ;) He should be on the left wing wearing number 11 that's all I know......

I have just been sacked in January from my Sheff Weds career (went for Martin Allen thinking I could wake a sleeping giant!), so I know a bit about them on FIFA 08.

Think the guy you were referring too was actually Folly - he was good for me. Didnt play that Estezevs (?) much. I brought in Chris Powell (10k) and Chris Iwelumo (£250k), so my side ended up...

GK. Cant remember his name!
RB. Simec
LB. Powell (c)
CB. Hinds
CB. Wood
RW. Folly
CM. Lunt
CM. Whelan (good)
LM. Tudgay (swapped about with Folly)
CF. Iwelumo
CF. Jeffers

Scored a beaut with Jeffers in one of my last games. Iwelumo played a defense splitting ball v Hull and Jeffers ran clean through onto it about 20 yards out - I held down the 'place shot' (R1) and quite a bit of power and Jeffers side-footed it into the top corner!! Keeper didnt move :)

WISH I COULD UPLOAD GOALS!!! ARRRRGHHHH!!!

Just had tyhe best manchester derby ever

It finsihed 0-0 but I won on pens. It should have ended 0-0 though, both didnt want pens really.

He went clean through in the dying minutes only for Richard Dunne to stretch his leg JUST in time and steal the ball away from Rooney. What a game man. Absolutly incredible.

To be frank I would rather shag a 15 year old with a fanny like a mouses ear, and go down for 6 years than buy Pro Evo this year.

Good god man. I just stepped into this thread and that is not something anyone wants to hear. :lol::shock::applause:

Just bought N.Zigic from Valencia for £5.1 million - God hes a beast. Just scored his first goal out of 5 matches. Although it was against Bournemouth in the League Cup 2nd Round.\\:o/

Slaughtering some noob now. Preston v Newcastle. Agyemang is class, he scored and its 1-0 me. HT

Surprise Surprise, he quit on 60 mins after a corner to me

Last edited:

career mode is imfuckingggggpossible on pro difficulty.No one wants to sign for me ( even though I put stupid offers in) getting thumped everywhere I go.Lost 4-0 at home to yeovil,lost 5-1 away to southend.

I find it crap the way my forwards dont make runs,even pulling the trigger to make em move means fuck all.The manual through ball is theefor bollocks because you cant get your players to run in behind so it goes straight to the defender or they just mop up.

i am also getting fucked off with very average players pinging the ball around my area, turning on a sixpence ( that we cant do,holding off two players with hulk like stength) and creating a chance to score.

My scenario is.............pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass,pass, hold, look up (no runs), pass,pass ,lose possession and so on.

I have also seen elements of cpu cheating with the second ball, more often than not bouncing or being picked up by the opposition.

great career, pick a lower team, get sacked, pick another one etc etc.The game struggles to let you advance and it is too frustating beyond semi-pro.

Online is different I have won alot and only lost a few.

Wow Dr Force, seems I've nothing to look forward to I'm only playing on second hardest setting and struggling to hit the side of a barn as far as shooting goes... damn I was hoping It would improve as I got better... granted I may die before that happens, but you sound like one unhappy bunny....

Dr Force put it on World Class, plays better imo. Also, i'm yet to start a manager mode so i cant comment on anything else. Hope it doesnt turn into a cheat fest :(

Im just loving online so much. No lag whatsoever and you can have some of the best online gaming experiences ever.

Anybody found an effective way to earn points for the fan shop? The challenges are becoming almost to hard now in challenge mode :roll:

World Class is superb - if the CPU is a team like Barcelona or Inter and it's 0-0 at THEIR stadium with only 15 minutes to go they go all out! That's the time I counter-attack them.

Ill check when I get home mate and try and grab a screen for you :)

I have just been sacked in January from my Sheff Weds career (went for Martin Allen thinking I could wake a sleeping giant!), so I know a bit about them on FIFA 08.

Think the guy you were referring too was actually Folly - he was good for me. Didnt play that Estezevs (?) much. I brought in Chris Powell (10k) and Chris Iwelumo (£250k), so my side ended up...

GK. Cant remember his name!
RB. Simec
LB. Powell (c)
CB. Hinds
CB. Wood
RW. Folly
CM. Lunt
CM. Whelan (good)
LM. Tudgay (swapped about with Folly)
CF. Iwelumo
CF. Jeffers

Scored a beaut with Jeffers in one of my last games. Iwelumo played a defense splitting ball v Hull and Jeffers ran clean through onto it about 20 yards out - I held down the 'place shot' (R1) and quite a bit of power and Jeffers side-footed it into the top corner!! Keeper didnt move :)

WISH I COULD UPLOAD GOALS!!! ARRRRGHHHH!!!

Folly should be a DM in the game, that's his position IRL. Guess you hadn't done the two loan transfers we got the other week? M. Johnson CB from Derby and Kavanagh DM from Sunderland, would have made all the difference ;)

Akpo Sodje of Port Vale also belongs in the Owls team, please tell me he has bleached blonde hair ingame? :)

0,,10304~3380863,00.jpg

Anybody found an effective way to earn points for the fan shop? The challenges are becoming almost to hard now in challenge mode :roll:
i would love to know this too before i get the game...
seems its utterly hard to gain points and the items are way too expensive..
some guy at gamefaqs sad he played all weeking in order to gain points by winning the cups, and he said he only got 9500 which wasalmost nothing, as he only managed to buy ONE third kit, cost him 7500...

now thats bollocks, how are we supposed to unlock every third kit and boot, if theres just not enough points to be earned in the game...
damn fifa shopp... at this point i would be happy if they evan sold XP points pack at xbox live.
i really need the boots and third kits.. editing is one of the most important areas in the game for me.

Dr Force put it on World Class, plays better imo. Also, i'm yet to start a manager mode so i cant comment on anything else. Hope it doesnt turn into a cheat fest :(

Im just loving online so much. No lag whatsoever and you can have some of the best online gaming experiences ever.

Putting it on a harder difficulty does not make any sense,surely its going to be even harder to even fart near the opposition penalty area.

Putting it on a harder difficulty does not make any sense,surely its going to be even harder to even fart near the opposition penalty area.

In all honesty though, i remember upping the difficulty in PES 3,4 & 5 definitely improved the game. You just had more space believe it or not. Think im gonna try it now, im on Pro too.

Just got back from school. Let's play some FIFA now.

By the way, anyone fancy an online match? If so send me a message through the PSN. :)

Wow Dr Force, seems I've nothing to look forward to I'm only playing on second hardest setting and struggling to hit the side of a barn as far as shooting goes... damn I was hoping It would improve as I got better... granted I may die before that happens, but you sound like one unhappy bunny....

I feel like its difficult to improve your game, so it encourages you to play one way................wing, cross, header, pick up the bits and repeat, because this is the only area of the pitch that alows you to run and hve a bit of space.I have tried quick one,twos by pulling in the trigger and double tap pass, but by the time he has steadyed himself to play the return he is tackled.

it seems to me that the CPU has more time, can pass better,run quicker,turn quicker even though it has lesser players than my side.Surely thats a sign of CPU cheating.

I want to learn various ways of breaking down teams using clever through balls, intricate passing and great skill.IMHO there is no way to be able to do this on a game that the cpu is playing football like Karpov does chess at the middle difficulty.

I hate the thought of playing matches over and over again that is a case of getting wide to score..............it becomes predictable which this game is certainly not professing to be.The actual goals are diverse and beautiful to watch, but its the cpu scoring them and I dont really want to keep playing a game that I am struggling to just touch the surface because its just too hard.

Semi pro is too easy for me,but go up another level and its a pretty predictable outcome.

There is no space and I spend alot of time playing for ages at the back and then the cpu presses in this area so you quickly lose possession.I dunno one day i like it, the next day I dont.

I have swithed off the PES mentality, I am trying to play it like football but theres just no time and your own player AI is average against the CPU "Brazil 1970"(yeovil,southend,peterborough).Onlines different because your opponent allows you more space by closing down the ball and they cannot predict what you will do next,yet the CPU in this game knows what your next move is and so you have nowhere to go accept outwide.

I am becoming bored with the single player, and I thought I would never say that:(

does anybody know how to do a dummy - Letting the ball through your legs? I have had a couple of occasions when it would have been orgasmic if I just knew how?

Back
Top Bottom