FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I want to go forward 6 days and 15 hours to buy Fifa :cry:

Well I'm off to get NBA Live 08 for MINDLESS B-Ball fun. i would get NBA 2k8 BUT I don't wanna be hooked on a game other than Fifa 08 come next week. If i get NBA 2k8 it would be too much. i just want some mindless arcade action ...OHH wait i could download the PES2008 demo though?

Well I'm off to get NBA Live 08 for MINDLESS B-Ball fun. i would get NBA 2k8 BUT I don't wanna be hooked on a game other than Fifa 08 come next week. If i get NBA 2k8 it would be too much. i just want some mindless arcade action ...OHH wait i could download the PES2008 demo though?

Get Skate to tie you over - it's fantastic.

I Love the online game. I have had a shit internet connection over the weekend and still managed almost lag free games for everyone. I have met a few good people as well, had a few cracking games yesterday. I was losing 1-0 as holland against italy with 4 mins to go, and i scored to equalise.

Bring on extra time, i score in the 3rd minute of it :D

I won 2-1, he quit with 10 mins to go. Oh well, I aint bothered about stats, im bothered about having a blast with online and its great :D

Can't get to grips with the shooting at all and on Semi assisted, using the new alternative layout is that the closest to PES on the PS2 layout?
Sorted the Energy problem with upgrading the fitness coach...

Can someone in the UK do me a favor? I have been trying to email and call Virgin Megastores UK to see how long it takes to deliver to the United States. I can't get in touch with anyone, and no one has emailed me back. Can someone call 0845 277 7447 and find out for me please?

Thanks

Plan M is skate better than the Tony Hawk games?

It beats the shit out of the Tony Hawk games. It's a simulated Skateboarding game. You use to the sticks to ollie, kickflip etc. It looks and feels amazing. (sorry for off-topic guys!).

Back on-topic; I feel like I am getting used to this now. I LOVE the challenges - Be A Pro is awesome! I played as Ferdinand and just had to win the match. I only made two challenges as we had all the possession but my tackles were SPOT-ON! :)

Good man Plan M. I take it challenges are the only way to get points for the FIFA Fan Shop?

I don't know mate. Someone said a few pages back that winning leagues etc awards you points for fan shop. Can anyone confirm this? I really need to unlock the Man United third strip.

I have been getting cards (like Getting the hang of it etc..) and its been saying 1000 odd points and this has been after playing lots of league games in my manager mode season with Manchester United.... So perhaps not. I feel like a n0b now!

Well.. for the first few days, I'd just been playing friendlies and loving it.

Today, I finally started manager mode. Was really enjoying it, had been a few games into the season and BANG.. 'The disc has become unreadable'.

Crash.

2 things still bugging me if anyone can help?

1) Still have not managed to upload a PS3 replay. It goes through the encoding, then 'Uploading', then, after 100% a message comes up "Uploading failed, try again?". I've tried loads of times but it never works - oh, I do have an EA account and when I sign in on the game I see my points/avatar etc.

2) Squad updates. I checked yesterday and there was a squad update from the 28th. I downloaded it, saved it, reloaded it etc, but the squads are not up-to-date. Someone mentioned they downloaded it Friday and it updated, then did it again and they removed the transfered players. Anyone know whats going on with this?

Cheers!

25? I've scored 12 or something :(

Yeah but i did play about 10 friendlies before starting my managerial career. 4 games in so far, scoring 5 times in the process. Im geting there - S L O W L Y. Superb game though. Just wish the ref with give me more free-kicks though.

Last edited:

Just played my first online matches.

#1 - Roma (me) - Liverpool 1-0. Easy match, not a very good opponent. Result should have been more like 5-0.

#2 - Brazil - France (me) 1-0. I should have quit when I saw him take Brazil, but the match was fairly even, until the 93rd minute, when he somehow got the ball inside with Kaka.

#3 - Hamburg (me) - FC Porto 0-1. I had most of the chances, but couldn't score. In the 85th minute I was passing from one centre back to the other, and suddenly that Adriano dude pops up from out of nowhere, snapping the ball and placing it in the top corner. Damn.

This is definitely better than PES online though. No 6-4 scores every game.

But how does the hosting system work? Not like in PES, where you host one half each? And what are the points that you get after playing a match? It says that I have reached my maximum points limit.

It's good when scores are 1-0's and occasionally more. Okay, the defence is good and you really have to work to get chances and score, but that's football. I enjoy getting chances, the goal is a bonus :lol:

anyone else noticed this bug while playing online (xbox 360 version)

both times it happened to me, in the 2nd half of extra time in 2 different games

i have the cursor on manual or 1 auto switch, and the bug caused my players to change to every player, like every second

seemed like i didn't have any control of the players, as the cursor changed within a second.

if i changed the player to the one nearest to the ball it would autoswitch to another player instantly, and then have a bounce on effect switching to others..

its a right royal pain.

horrible glitch

is be a pro mode quite poor frame rate wise for anyone else on 360? Really ruins the mode for me...

Not seen anything of what Techmob posted, and my framerate with Be A Pro is fine :)

pfff i play good football with many chances better then my opponent and still loose arggghhh and its fun to play with low teams

I've been playing PES since the SNES (ISS Deluxe!), and this is the first time i am looking at FIFA08 - i spent like 6 hours on live yesterday!

It's a great game, and i can't be arsed to edit fake names and shite kits anymore. i could cope with that on the old formats, but this is next GEN!

Back
Top Bottom