FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

after playing another whole day there are some points which pisses me off

- cpu fk
- cpu headers. every 2nd cross results in a goal
- not being able to select 2nd controller for cpu team
- cpu never fouling you

2 of them are complete rubbish. CPU hardly ever scores from crosses even on legendary. CPU fouls me all the time ur just not doing enough.

me to my friend me too. i've had the worse weekend...:(

When we finally get it I think we should only play against each other, screw those scummy Euro/Aussie trash ;)

Although I have to say that my timezone is +14 yours most likely so I'll have the game half a day before you ;)

2 of them are complete rubbish. CPU hardly ever scores from crosses even on legendary. CPU fouls me all the time ur just not doing enough.

I've actually had the CPU score on quite a few crosses and corners, on Pro level. Nearly always a looping header too.

Gutted I'm in work, I feel like I wanna hammer out some games on FIFA and keep the practice going :(

God, I have no classes in the morning. I went to bed at 2.30 am. Yet I woke up at 9 am.

FIFA, you will kill me.

*Runs towards the PS3.*

Does anyone know of any videos of manager mode or pics

Here is a pic:

LeagueTable20-10-07.jpg

And here is a video of a save that came in a manager mode game, in the last minute of injury time :(:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSG1L4xVw6I

Does anyone know how the overall skill works? Like I have Pirlo in a DMC position with an overall skill of 81. If I change his position to CM, his overall skill will be 88, but he's still in the same position on the field.

Does this mean that every skill Pirlo has, will be reduced if I play him in a DMC role? Like his long passing will go from 95 to 85 for example?

And Tomas Rosicky is either a AMC or AMR in the game, but in real life he's an AML (and AMC). Does anyone know how to change this, without changing his best foot to the left?

when people quit online if u r beating them by a few goals...do ya still get the same points for a win?

Yeah i just played that dirty bastard and beat him, penalty of course. Then i gave Snoop his second football lesson and i beat Cammey earlier today. I dont think anyone can beat me apart from Coopz.

Ill have to play you again before you go away

I had a game with my mate last night Spain vs Italy and the passing from both teams was brilliant, it was like watching a real game of footy

Are you getting time on the ball with your centre midfielders? Or when your forward gets the ball, do defenders rush straight at him? Surely players should stand off players and not always rush in (which doesn't seem to be the case) :(

I dont have any problems i just dont pass to a player thats is marked tightly, i only pass to players that are in enough space to turn and run, pass or shoot

maybe your forcing the play to much? Try being patient like in real football and you will get your rewards :)

I dont have any problems i just dont pass to a player thats is marked tightly, i only pass to players that are in enough space to turn and run, pass or shoot

maybe your forcing the play to much? Try being patient like in real football and you will get your rewards :)

I want to go home and play FIFA :(

Tim, I'm guessing the mighty Owls aren't in the missing top 6 of that table? ;)

Funny you should mention that mate.

I was unbeaten and in the top 6 after 4 games with Burnley.

I had just brought in Jason Euell and John Stead after selling Akinbye.

And I come against the Owls with both players making there debuts.

2 Deon Burton goals ended my unbeaten record.

They were fantastic going forward.

I figured something out. I switched from Pro to World class and this annoying thing is gone.

on pro the cpu always hustles the sideline and takes a cross. your defenders are also on pro ai so the very often are not able to mark the attacker. switched to next difficulty and recognized a huge boost to my defender skills who are now able to clear the box after a cross finally. further the cpu plays more balanced and does not hustle crosses all the time. screw everything < world class difficulty

I figured something out. I switched from Pro to World class and this annoying thing is gone.

on pro the cpu always hustles the sideline and takes a cross. your defenders are also on pro ai so the very often are not able to mark the attacker. switched to next difficulty and recognized a huge boost to my defender skills who are now able to clear the box after a cross finally. further the cpu plays more balanced and does not hustle crosses all the time. screw everything < world class difficulty

Interesting spot, I'll try WC later :)

Is there any way of contacting EA to get them to reset my DNF %age? I have 16% out of about 12 games and I didn't quit on any of them! I was even winning some of the games when the line dropped. Basically, my telephone line is also used for Sky and they were doing call backs on my Sky box. It dropped me out of a few games and now I have a few DNF's.

I have never disconnected on purpose in any game I have played even if getting hammered! Not happy about it but I suppose I know to disconnect my Sky box from my telephone line in future.

There are lobbies that have rules in so I won't be able to join. Saying that, my %age will eventually decrease after playing more but I will get people turning me down for games as it does look bad at the moment.

Anybody else had this problem?

Guys, any advice on getting your players to make a decent first touch? I tend to find that most of the time I pass the ball to a player and he makes a god awful touch in completely the WRONG direction and I lose the ball quicker than I can say "Oh My GOD!!! CONTROL THE DAMN BALL!!" Is there anything I can do after a pass has been played so that the receiving player can take a decent controlled touch?

Cheers

deleting custom formations when i go online is starting to get on my tits, as is not being able to use them online in the first place.

Guys, any advice on getting your players to make a decent first touch? I tend to find that most of the time I pass the ball to a player and he makes a god awful touch in completely the WRONG direction and I lose the ball quicker than I can say "Oh My GOD!!! CONTROL THE DAMN BALL!!" Is there anything I can do after a pass has been played so that the receiving player can take a decent controlled touch?

Cheers

I think LT controls it or flick the right stick in the direction you wanna run?

Cheers

On the New Alt controls, holding LB uses close-control which can help but doesn't exactly shield the ball.

Cheers

Use the right analogue stick for first touch mate. If you move it softly in the direction away from the defender it should help :) Also, use the Left Trigger on 360, which will give you much better close control.

Back
Top Bottom