FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I have just played the PES demo after a weekend of playing FIFA.

And I loved it.

Mabye there is room for 2 football games for me this year. :shock:

personally in orde for me to really be into any game at this point it needs to be next gen cuz thats the kind of system i have. if i wanted last gen stuff i would of kept my wii and ps3(yup sold that sucker about a month in)

You call that respectfull, im just making a point like eveyone else can on this thread after all if every one agreed with each other it wouldnt be much fun.

Pes is still miles better:lmao:

OK OK true enough i had some jabs at the pes board too but i'm leaving it for good now.

We obviously see two things differently. you feel that PEs is a sim when i don't

Right, time for me to have a slight moan. Just a few gripes:

1) Radar Colours - not the hardest thing to sort out is it really? And as in PES, you should even be able to set the colours yourself in game.

2) GK Kits - the unofficial ones, need to be the correct colour. For example, the Charlton GK kit is RED! Charlton play in red ---> Fucking stupid EA. And each team DEFINATELY needs two GK kits, that are different colours.

3) More generic stadia - pretty self explanatory, it would be nice to have lots more generic lower league stadiums to play in, and country specific would be good too. For example, stadiums in England and Spain differ quite a lot!

4) Throw Ins - I'd rather not have one, they are shite. This definately needs sorting.

5) Fonts - Lower league fonts please :) And more official fonts for other clubs round the world.

6) Notifications cover the radar - This can be sorted with a patch, when someone comes online, or you get an invite, it pops up right over the radar so you can't see who's where for a bit. Annoying.

Just a few things like that, which sound as if I'm being picky and arsey, but they really do need sorting to make this game even better :)

NOT force us to upload our fucking goals, only for it to "not work" and thus losing your favourite goals. Great idea, EA.

You call that respectfull, im just making a point like eveyone else can on this thread after all if every one agreed with each other it wouldnt be much fun.

Pes is still miles better:lmao:

everyone can have an opinion but for you to presume that people think there's good gameplay because of "a few fancy graphics" is ludicrous.

Ive played this game alot since release now and i think it does alot of things very well, my only gripe is that i feel i have to anticipate the length of the animations into my play which can be unsettling, anyone else finding that?

yeah mate, im finding that too. as much as i want to like this game (and i really do like some parts of it) it can be so damn frustrating. Out with the slow animations, why is it when my goalkeeper parries a shot, my defenders jog toward it like they dont have a care in the world whilst the attacker sprints past him and rolls the ball into an empty net. Whilst i agree that Pro Evo is far too fast, there is just no sense of urgency in this game, everything is done at a canter. Although FIFA has the edge in shooting, manual passing, grass texture, commentary and the overall presentation, you cannot have a fulfilling football game without having complete control over your players and i'm afraid Pro Evo has a better grasp on this with it's super cancel and quicker response times. If only someone could take the good points out of each one of these and give us the game we all long for

Well, just played against Holio online:

West Ham 3-0 Charlton

He played very well, despite the score it was a very even game! End to end and lots of chances. Holio's second goal was this beauty from Ashton:

Yeah i just played that dirty bastard and beat him, penalty of course. Then i gave Snoop his second football lesson and i beat Cammey earlier today. I dont think anyone can beat me apart from Coopz.

yeah mate, im finding that too. as much as i want to like this game (and i really do like some parts of it) it can be so damn frustrating. Out with the slow animations, why is it when my goalkeeper parries a shot, my defenders jog toward it like they dont have a care in the world whilst the attacker sprints past him and rolls the ball into an empty net. Whilst i agree that Pro Evo is far too fast, there is just no sense of urgency in this game, everything is done at a canter. Although FIFA has the edge in shooting, manual passing, grass texture, commentary and the overall presentation, you cannot have a fulfilling football game without having complete control over your players and i'm afraid Pro Evo has a better grasp on this with it's super cancel and quicker response times. If only someone could take the good points out of each one of these and give us the game we all long for

I was dissapointed yesterday but you just have to learn to predict the animation and then the game fits together nicely.

loving it, best football game I have played since PES3,very frustrating if you think like a PES player but amazing if you think like a pro footballer.

Agree with the quote above;)

I was dissapointed yesterday but you just have to learn to predict the animation and then the game fits together nicely.

loving it, best football game I have played since PES3,very frustrating if you think like a PES player but amazing if you think like a pro footballer.

I understand what your saying mate, but as I said in my first post it's that which is making it feel a little uneasy. And if im not mistaken pro footbllers dont have to anticipate there actions, indeed its quite the opossite players reaction times are split second.

If FIFA can adress this for next year then i will be playing it for a long time, unfortunatly this year i think it will be going back on the 26th.

Been playing it straight since Friday morning, and though it is still a very good game, I'm not liking it as much as when I first played it. The slow animations and response are getting me down and I'm not getting used to it the more I play.

When I first played the demo, it seemed I could get the ball, hold onto it and pick passes out. Now in the full game, it seems as soon as you get the ball you have to pass it as you're pressed straight away. This is one of my pet hates about PES and it seems to be similar in FIFA. I don't want a game of ping-pong in midfield while I hurry to pass the ball, I want to hold the ball and look around, see where my team are running to or making space. Instead I get the ball and see a guy steaming to me so fast that I barely have time to control it and normally have to play 1-touch passing.

Until it gets to my wingers, who can't outrun anyone unless you're Mark Gonzalez at Betis. The FB's catch you without breaking stride which is a shame. You only have time on the ball in defence, and even then the forwards race towards you.

I'll be honest and say I'm going to give the PES demo a bit more time. The game is far too fast sure, but I think I need to come away from FIFA for a bit before I fall out of love with it completely. It's definately not cracking up to the game I thought it'd be when I first played the demo.

after playing another whole day there are some points which pisses me off

- cpu fk
- cpu headers. every 2nd cross results in a goal
- not being able to select 2nd controller for cpu team
- cpu never fouling you

if i had full control over my players i would agree with you. The most frustrating part for me is 1) when i know where the ball is going but i can't cancel my players run to meet it, 2) when i hold the y button my gk takes an age to move 3) as mentioned in my previous post, when defenders jog toward a loose ball in the box & 4) again on loose balls , this time at the edge of the box, i can't select the man i want to control quickly enough to either take a first time shot or launch the ball out of danger. i have played football all my days (real life and console)and i agree, i love the slow build up and waiting for the correct pass but there needs to be variation in play. we need to be able to quicken the pace when it is appropriate, otherwise whats the point in having players like ronaldo and messi who can turn on a sixpence and accelerate away in real life, i would be just as well playing fat lee trundle on the wing, i just feel we are only able to play in this slow, patient style. i know i'm looking for perfection but why the hell not

The CPU has fucking fouled me enough times, dirty bastards. They've been given their share of yellow cards an all.

Shame that Snoop :( I was pissed off with FIFA, but am now back to loving it again. Maybe I have adopted a new style of play, and maybe I am more patient with the game? Who knows, but it's sure worked for me.

if i had full control over my players i would agree with you. The most frustrating part for me is 1) when i know where the ball is going but i can't cancel my players run to meet it, 2) when i hold the y button my gk takes an age to move 3) as mentioned in my previous post, when defenders jog toward a loose ball in the box & 4) again on loose balls , this time at the edge of the box, i can't select the man i want to control quickly enough to either take a first time shot or launch the ball out of danger. i have played football all my days (real life and console)and i agree, i love the slow build up and waiting for the correct pass but there needs to be variation in play. we need to be able to quicken the pace when it is appropriate, otherwise whats the point in having players like ronaldo and messi who can turn on a sixpence and accelerate away in real life, i would be just as well playing fat lee trundle on the wing, i just feel we are only able to play in this slow, patient style. i know i'm looking for perfection but why the hell not

Fully agree with your numbered points, though I'd also like more time on the ball before being pressured. Maybe next year? :lol:

The CPU has fucking fouled me enough times, dirty bastards. They've been given their share of yellow cards an all.

Shame that Snoop :( I was pissed off with FIFA, but am now back to loving it again. Maybe I have adopted a new style of play, and maybe I am more patient with the game? Who knows, but it's sure worked for me.

have you ever get a penalty?

Are you getting time on the ball with your centre midfielders? Or when your forward gets the ball, do defenders rush straight at him? Surely players should stand off players and not always rush in (which doesn't seem to be the case) :(

Yes, I've had penalty.

I do get time on the ball Snoop, well I think it may depend on which teams are playing, I'm Charlton at half time v Hull and I noticed I am getting a bit of time to look at the radar and pick a pass.

Haha well I just played the PES demo again and DAMN it's worse than I remembered it being! The players legs when they get the ball, it's like the players are doing some crazy Irish dancing, the legs move so fast! And the funny pattering sound when players run and hit each other. Really, the PES gameplay is a joke, really really poor.

Back to FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom