FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Right, time for me to have a slight moan. Just a few gripes:

1) Radar Colours - not the hardest thing to sort out is it really? And as in PES, you should even be able to set the colours yourself in game.

2) GK Kits - the unofficial ones, need to be the correct colour. For example, the Charlton GK kit is RED! Charlton play in red ---> Fucking stupid EA. And each team DEFINATELY needs two GK kits, that are different colours.

3) More generic stadia - pretty self explanatory, it would be nice to have lots more generic lower league stadiums to play in, and country specific would be good too. For example, stadiums in England and Spain differ quite a lot!

4) Throw Ins - I'd rather not have one, they are shite. This definately needs sorting.

5) Fonts - Lower league fonts please :) And more official fonts for other clubs round the world.

6) Notifications cover the radar - This can be sorted with a patch, when someone comes online, or you get an invite, it pops up right over the radar so you can't see who's where for a bit. Annoying.

Just a few things like that, which sound as if I'm being picky and arsey, but they really do need sorting to make this game even better :)

Hi guys, loving the game.
Can someone just tell me how to put spin in the ball in a freekick??
I just cant!
I spent half an hur in the arena with ronaldinho trying freekicks, but i cant put spin in the ball,it always goes straight to where i aim, i cant curve the ball.
Is it with the left analogue or right analogue?
And should i do it while the power bar is charging or after the player kicks the ball?

Thanks

fill upthe power bar and while your are filling up push left or right on the left stick. not before and not after

Yea, definately mate. I've had nothing but pure fun and excitement today :) I played v Snoop in the Evo Web Mini League, and was out of my chair celebrating when an Ashton header came straight back of the post :shock:. The build up was superb though, it deserved a goal! :lol:

If you want a match, just send me an invite mate :)

Yeah, I played him earlier, 0-0, I was all over him, just couldn't bloody score! :lol:

Great, i will invite you when i am on next.I usually play as forest but i dont mind taking on 5 star teams:D

All the videos look so realistic, I'm stunned every time I see a goal replay on here. Absolutely brilliant.

I don't mind mate, I'll pick a minnow to match you ;)

The CPU free kicks are fucking ridiculous :mad:

J. Jackson of Colchester scored a free kick against me last night as Arsenal.. it's ridiculous as I keep on kicking it into the crowd when I have a free kick and it's only on amateur.

Guys feel free to add me,

On easportsworld, where do you go to pick your team for the avatars on here?

I have had a few but they have not scored.I do not give anything free kicks away 25 yards from goal except either side of the box.Not conceeded one free kick yet.

@ TIM.............when have Forest been a minnow you cheeky so and so:lol:\\:o/

Uh oh seems like the disconnection cheat works in fifa :(

Just had a game online and scored like in the first 2 mins, then had the ball for 80% of the time, the guy paused it and disconnected. Gotta e-mail saying i wont the match 3-0 but it would have been so much more!

Sent the guy a message afterwards and got hurled a load of abuse back, so filed a complaint on XBL :D twice :D :D

Loving the game now iv sorted turned off the assisted passing, just hope i can get used to the responce issues. Great game online!

Never thought id be back to fifa again, but this ones got me. Still like the new pro evo demo aswell, will be a toughy to choose which one to play once pro evo is out aswell!

Scottio

Still havent got my email from easportsworld.

And still have no idea how to just add a friend to a match and have a match with them.

Last edited:

Ive just played Fifa 08 on the 360 and my conclution is it just too damn slow zzzzzzzzzzzz. the players dont control the ball right ethier they seem very awkward, i must have a different copy to all the ones u guys have , i even resrted to going back to pes 6 on the ps2 fair enuf the graphics are obviously no were near , but the gameplay is mile and miles away, roll on pes 2008 is all i can say:)

Ive played this game alot since release now and i think it does alot of things very well, my only gripe is that i feel i have to anticipate the length of the animations into my play which can be unsettling, anyone else finding that?

when playing a league as derby , most other teams apart from liv mu newcastle arsenal all others home stadiums is same one Stadio De Las Artes is there anyway to change there home ground as get bored of playing in same stadium for most of season

Just had my best online match so far. The guy was english and picked a Coca Cola League One team - Huddersfield.

So, what team do I pick?

Tranmere Rovers (Jack, this is when you go crazy).

Well, I lost 4-2 but the game was really amazing, I was better than him overall but I'm still shit when it comes to finishing. I wasted two clear goal attempts - 2 meters away from the goal, no keeper and the bastard hits the post and then 1 meter away from the goal line and the same bastard hits the keeper's ass. It was fun though.

Go Rovers. Woo hoo.

By the way, matherto, wanna play? I'm going to add you as a friend now. :p

Right, time for me to have a slight moan. Just a few gripes:

1) Radar Colours - not the hardest thing to sort out is it really? And as in PES, you should even be able to set the colours yourself in game.

2) GK Kits - the unofficial ones, need to be the correct colour. For example, the Charlton GK kit is RED! Charlton play in red ---> Fucking stupid EA. And each team DEFINATELY needs two GK kits, that are different colours.

3) More generic stadia - pretty self explanatory, it would be nice to have lots more generic lower league stadiums to play in, and country specific would be good too. For example, stadiums in England and Spain differ quite a lot!

4) Throw Ins - I'd rather not have one, they are shite. This definately needs sorting.

5) Fonts - Lower league fonts please :) And more official fonts for other clubs round the world.

6) Notifications cover the radar - This can be sorted with a patch, when someone comes online, or you get an invite, it pops up right over the radar so you can't see who's where for a bit. Annoying.

Just a few things like that, which sound as if I'm being picky and arsey, but they really do need sorting to make this game even better :)

This is it. fifa 08 is the best it's gonna get i feel. i can't be 'arsed' myself to wait even another year to say that fifa will be great. this year it IS great. nuff said. next year i don;t care about i've cared about "next year" enough to say it never happens so this year is it.

Ive played this game alot since release now and i think it does alot of things very well, my only gripe is that i feel i have to anticipate the length of the animations into my play which can be unsettling, anyone else finding that?

kind of the same things happen in 2ksports's NBA 2k8 but in fifa it is much better handled

Ive just played Fifa 08 on the 360 and my conclution is it just too damn slow zzzzzzzzzzzz. the players dont control the ball right ethier they seem very awkward, i must have a different copy to all the ones u guys have , i even resrted to going back to pes 6 on the ps2 fair enuf the graphics are obviously no were near , but the gameplay is mile and miles away, roll on pes 2008 is all i can say:)

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom