FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Change captain is the square button (PS3).

Look on the layout of your players, the (C) will change from one dot to the one you selected. Its not blindingly obvious.

If found out quite a few key shortcuts by pressing the help button in the menus ("Select").

Think my only issue (apart from the random crash in manager mode), is uploading replays.

Anyone managed this on PS3 yet? Everytime I try it fails. I am also only uploading my selection (i.e. 'cutting' the replay using R3 - nice feature).

Starts uploading, then says "Upload Failed"... tried about 5 times now.

I uploaded a replay that lasted about 9 seconds, I didn't cut anything from the replay. I checked it out on easportsfootballworld and it only had the player running off to celebrate and then the players standing for the centre. I'll never get to see that goal again. How shit!

Why can't you cut bits from the beginning of your replays?

has any worked out how to dribble with speed but still be able to manourve, in winning players like kaka can cause havoc but im finding it hard to make him useful especialhy cause he's playing down the middle. instead of being able to run at players i find myself turning out and laying it off just to keep possession. i like playing a passing game but at the same time i should be able to take on a couple of men in a tight space then burst away with a player such as him

Just played my first online game. Just went for a quick unranked match.

Chelsea v Milan (Me)

Won 2-0 with two superb typical Milan counter attacking goals.

Inzaghi and Kaka

Its so much better player other humans. He was playing properly to, being patient waiting for space, not rushing in all the time for tackles.

PES had it moments online but I really enjoyed that game.

By the way, I'm thinking of starting a Manager Mode Stories thread where we can share out experiences, much like the Master League one in the PS2 forum!

Up for it?

Still not decided who to go for. Want to do one in England but I'm attracted to Serie A.

Yea, deffo make one Peter :) Nice work online too!

I just played two games v Coopz:

Valencia 0-1 BETIS
Spain 2-0 GERMANY

Man, Germany are shit :lol: And Coopz, as Spain, was quality, played a nice quick game.

Originally Posted by techmob
when you play online games

is the hosting shared, or does the home team host?

good question... or are we using EA's servers?

the reason i ask is i have had some sluggish games where i have been totaly out played, so either the other guy is really good or he has an advantage, i was the away team when this happened

i hope it is an equal lag situation

So after the initial hype I'm seeing a lot of negativity. I was originally going to buy a 360 + Fifa 08 but now I'm having second thoughts.

Funny how people who were REALLY looking forward to the game are becoming annoyed at it :D

Just got back from London. I have a match at 6.15 then when im home, im gonna watch corry then play FIFA all night. Expect some uploaded skills, moves and goals. Probably not from me because in the 4 hours I played on Friday I couldnt manage to score more than 3 goals!

Take a few weeks to learn how the game plays before we start slating it!

POSSIBLE RESPONSE TIME FIX!

I personally don't have a problem with the response time but I have noticed the odd time where my player sometimes stands there and not moving to ball.

I decided to check out an option. In PES I used to always use manual select for selecting my players. I have tried in FIFA using the default(half way bar) and empty bar (manual).

I then tried to use full auto switching and I don't know if it was just me but because the player closest to the ball would auto select then he seemed to react quicker.

Just try it, nothing to lose. Fantastic game so much fun.

Last edited:

Be thankful you're in a region that has the game for sale :(

How about this:

I called up Virgin last thursday and asked if they got Fifa, She said No. I asked if she knows when they'll get it and she answered "Don't know, maybe next month". Now i go online and order my copy from game.co.uk hoping i recieve it earlier. Today i went to Virgin for the fuck of it, I head to the New Releases section, My eyes are locked onto something... "Fifa 08". I went to customer service and asked 'em "Since when has Fifa 08 been on the shelves?", "Friday", she replied.

Its there, on the fucking shelves, and i can't buy it 'coz my copy is on the way, somewhere.

:|
](*,)

Played PdoggUK he was Spurs I was Forest 0-0 AET and I won on pens, an awsome result considering my team is 1.5 stars.

@TIM are you finding it a bit better now matey, I certainly am after getting out of 10 years of PES/ISS mode.
Nice and patient, accept it can be a bit poor on response and see it for what its trying to do.Some of the goals are simply stunning.

curently on carrer mode playing as forest and beat crewe 1-0 thanks to a tyson goal after 34 minutes, heade into the ground and looped over the keeper.Looked real i tell ya.

Last edited:

Can someone help me here.

On friday night I downloaded the game update,and Hearts were upgraded from two and a half stars to three stars.

Also Christian Nade and Anthony Basso were added from the last transfer deadline day.

Now I have to download the latest squad update,and it is putting Hearts back to two and a half stars minus Nade and Basso.

Could someone check how many stars Hearts are in their game?
Also if Nade and Basso are in their substitute section in the squad.

Thanks in advance guys

Can someone help me here.

On friday night I downloaded the game update,and Hearts were upgraded from two and a half stars to three stars.

Also Christian Nade and Anthony Basso were added from the last transfer deadline day.

Now I have to download the latest squad update,and it is putting Hearts back to two and a half stars minus Nade and Basso.

Could someone check how many stars Hearts are in their game?
Also if Nade and Basso are in their substitute section in the squad.

Thanks in advance guys

Showing as 2.5 stars on my game but no nade and basso in at all:roll:

POSSIBLE RESPONSE TIME FIX!

I personally don't have a problem with the response time but I have noticed the odd time where my player sometimes stands there and not moving to ball.

I decided to check out an option. In PES I used to always use manual select for selecting my players. I have tried in FIFA using the default(half way bar) and empty bar (manual).

I then tried to use full auto switching and I don't know if it was just me but because the player closest to the ball would auto select then he seemed to react quicker.

Just try it, nothing to lose. Fantastic game so much fun.

I've found that the default controller setting works best and you get most of and if any reposnse issues just using any of the others...

Who here is Bitter Rivals? Just had a fucking stormer with him. I hot the bar twice and post once, he hit the bar once. Was 1-0 to him with the dodgiest penno decision ever. The game deserved a draw.

Just had a great game with PdoggUK. When I shot that volley with Gerard from the Pennant cross I was screaming in anticipation. :) Miles over, but good nonetheless.

And I couldn't get myself to shoot after the cheap goalkick steal... :)

@TIM are you finding it a bit better now matey, I certainly am after getting out of 10 years of PES/ISS mode.
Nice and patient, accept it can be a bit poor on response and see it for what its trying to do.Some of the goals are simply stunning.
Yea, definately mate. I've had nothing but pure fun and excitement today :) I played v Snoop in the Evo Web Mini League, and was out of my chair celebrating when an Ashton header came straight back of the post :shock:. The build up was superb though, it deserved a goal! :lol:

If you want a match, just send me an invite mate :)

Who here is Bitter Rivals? Just had a fucking stormer with him. I hot the bar twice and post once, he hit the bar once. Was 1-0 to him with the dodgiest penno decision ever. The game deserved a draw.
Yeah, I played him earlier, 0-0, I was all over him, just couldn't bloody score! :lol:

anyone else having problems with formations online? anytime i go online all my custom formations dissapear

Right, I've had a look at the IN GAME sticker book - this is how you can earn points to spend in the Fan Shop to unlock Kits/Balls etc.

You will get points for scoring a total of 10 goals, 25 goals, 50 goals, 100 goals, 250 goals and 500 goals, when you reach the totals accordingly.

You will get points from winning the tournaments in tournament mode - FA Cup, all leagues etc

You will get points from doing various things in a Lounge Session

You will get points from doing various things in manager mode - i.e. Unbeaten Season

You will get points from getting different man of the matches - i.e. 20 from Italian players

So it's not entirely the challenge mode to get the points, but I think challenge mode does make up a big portion of the points, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom