FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Online yea, don't play much offline. But the response is killing me, even trying to get to the second ball. How do people get to the second ball and manage to not only get the ball, but walk past my player as if he's not there? I must be doing something wrong here because I'm saying the game is unresponsive at the best of times, but other people are picking up loose balls much quicker?

I need some advice on this because for the most part of the game I'm having averaging 58% of possesion, more shots, yet the responsive issue kicks in and I only ever seem to concede goals by slow response rather than me messing up and playing a bad pass or great play by the opponent. Of course I do concede those goals, and I have been battered by other teams. But in most of my games, it's me having the lions share of the game only to lose 1-0 because of slow response rather than skill.

Advice?

Just play online with all assisted on, problem solved it sucks that fifa made the option to choose if you want to play manual or semi or assisted for online..

Not fair for the people that plays on manual, that's why i have my assisted on at now (number 15 of the world online :D)

Offline games manual-semi for me.

Last edited:

how comes i have to download the bloody squad file everytime i go onlione?!

Change the arena player back to Ronaldinho. That fixes it

Who works for EA Sports QA team?

What is annoying with the edit, is you need points to edit normal players stats, some that I think are off in some aspects I cant change, so they have to stay that way :(

Legendary pisses me off haha, yesterday after the 4 games I had, I started career as Saints, went 1-0 up and then in the dying minutes of the game, I press A in front of the player edge of box and BOOM! Penalty, 1-1 game over! Garhhhhhh!

I have edited some players stats (you can earn some points if you put their GK stats to 0) but when I started manager mode their stats were default? wtf?

didnt take long for people to start slaggin this off haha.

Got my copy yesterday, and it feels faster and alot more responsive to me than the demo. Its nice to play a decent, different footy game for a change. Instead of the same gameplay and no new features every year.

Think my only issue (apart from the random crash in manager mode), is uploading replays.

Anyone managed this on PS3 yet? Everytime I try it fails. I am also only uploading my selection (i.e. 'cutting' the replay using R3 - nice feature).

Starts uploading, then says "Upload Failed"... tried about 5 times now.

I forgot to save yesterdays career, and my created player (me) was deleted for some reason, so made mysef, put me in saints, and started again, and drew 1-1, this time I went behind then got the equaliser. :P

Is it just me or does the commentary say 'thats what you expect from your ball winner' after nearly every tackle with any player :) Or something along the lines of that.

So far so good, got The Legend achievement on my fourth game, now just gotta win on the other lower difficulties, that is what professional player, grass roots etc achievements are? the lower dffculties?

Think my only issue (apart from the random crash in manager mode), is uploading replays.

Anyone managed this on PS3 yet? Everytime I try it fails. I am also only uploading my selection (i.e. 'cutting' the replay using R3 - nice feature).

Yea i have done it

Cammeyboy just beat me 2-0 but there was a difference with the goals, his goals were down to skill and not unresponsiveness. BUT there were times when response played a part, second balls.

How are people getting to the second ball so fast? My player just wants to jog to it while the opposition is always running onto it.

And how are you supposed to shield the ball, because if I get the ball to feet and the opposition is running at me from behind, LT (jockey) button just does jack shit and doesn't help me at all. The only option I have is to play it the way I'm facing because the moment I try to turn, I'm tackled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you save the roster after editing? I normally save 2 copies as when you go online and download a roster, if you click 'Save' after downloading, it overwrites your changes.

So I have ROSTER 1 (for downloads) and ROSTER 2 for my games. Changes I made to the roster stuck for the Career...

Cammeyboy just beat me 2-0 but there was a difference with the goals, his goals were down to skill and not unresponsiveness. BUT there were times when response played a part, second balls.

How are people getting to the second ball so fast? My player just wants to jog to it while the opposition is always running onto it.

And how are you supposed to shield the ball, because if I get the ball to feet and the opposition is running at me from behind, LT (jockey) button just does jack shit and doesn't help me at all. The only option I have is to play it the way I'm facing because the moment I try to turn, I'm tackled.

I'm struggling too. I miss that from PES, you just had to turn your back and the player would instinctively hold it up

Its just too easy to be brushed off the ball!

Did you save the roster after editing? I normally save 2 copies as when you go online and download a roster, if you click 'Save' after downloading, it overwrites your changes.

So I have ROSTER 1 (for downloads) and ROSTER 2 for my games. Changes I made to the roster stuck for the Career...

that was the problem. thank you!

1191058355014.jpg

:lol: The twins with moustaches in the crowd look like Robert De Niro!

OK I had a right fucking grumble last night about response and second ball ( same as snoop) but I am finding that holding off the pressure button defensively means little space for the cpu to get behind and 7/10 times they end up giving it away (pro difficulty).

response is an issue but if you can see past this and be extremely patient, you can see its an outstanding game but a frustrating one.

JB mentioned earlier that it replicates real life amazingly well, but to do this we need to understand that its not going to be as quick in thought as real life.I have accepted this as part of the game and I seem to be enjoying it more.Fast response also means the opposite which is more arcade like which is what most of us on here dont want.

Snoop, I would suggest taking a break for a while and think about playing a more patient game maybe, but i for one agree with your frustration.

snoop i dunno whats up with you mate. Stick with it. There was a time about a day after i got it where i started thinking that it was all going pear-shaped...but i persisted and have finally started to get a hang of the game - and its friggin fantastic. My only beef is with the EXTREMELY annoying goalkeepers...some of the goals i concede are purely mistakes and look like AI from 1991. Eg...gone one nil up against newcastle playing as chelsea. Viduka picks up the ball on the edge of the box, fires a shot in bouncing right before the keeper. Realistically, it hits Cech and he bobbles with it a bit...it flies into the air above his head...and then as he gets up...the ball bounces on his head and rolls - ever so slowly - across the line while he stands an inch away and stares at the ball. Super Super annoying and i cant control the goalie come out button...when i press it he seems to do nothing...when i dont he does more...seems super weird. Other than that, the game is amazing. What i suggest is to play on an easier difficulty (semi-pro for me i can win 6-0), have some fun and get used to the mechanics. Then move the difficulty up until your caught in tense draws against equal teams...and the game becomes amazing. Also...having manual on through ball opens SO many doors...i can pass it where i want when i want how i want. even just tapping it quickly is SUPER responsive and will just push it forward for someone to run onto.

Persist with it.

I promise it will get better.

I have just uploaded a Replay to the EA website and it took a minute max, so it seems to be working fine now

God knows how i get the url to post it, it speeds it up as well so it look pretty shit

I had no idea you could even save replays?

Be thankful you're in a region that has the game for sale :(

I feel for you paul, considering you made all the effort at the GC and at the FIFA site you should have received a promo copy.

not long now mate and although very steep in the learning curve dpt, its a fantastic game.

I am not bothering to uplaod my goals, just video cam the replays and make my own movie once I have loads of goals.Why they could'nt allow you to save to the HDD is beyond me.

all the response complaints are from pes players.. ?

if you have played fifa for the last couple of years well for me it feels the same as 07 and uefa cl... and its improved from uefa cl so its good for me...

Can't believe you haven't got a copy Placebo :(

I am now going to start a Manager Mode with my Charlton Athletic on World Class difficulty :) Was doing one with Real Madrid but I've put that on hold as I want to come back to England!

I actually just had a look at the sponsors, rather than just signing one blind, and you really do need to be realistic and work out what's going to be best for your team in the long run in terms of what's expected and what's achievable!

Let's see how it goes :)

EDIT: How do you choose your captain in Manager Mode???

And it's a shame they didn't put in more lower league stadiums, or generic stadiums :(

Last edited:

all the response complaints are from pes players.. ?

if you have played fifa for the last couple of years well for me it feels the same as 07 and uefa cl... and its improved from uefa cl so its good for me...

Played FIFA 07 and UCL but I still find the responsiveness pretty poor at times. If your opponent plays a pressing game, you just can't keep hold of the ball as there doesn't seem to be a way of shielding it. The only thing you can do is pass it off quickly, which can lead to interceptions.

Back
Top Bottom