FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Been playing it straight since Friday morning, and though it is still a very good game, I'm not liking it as much as when I first played it. The slow animations and response are getting me down and I'm not getting used to it the more I play.

When I first played the demo, it seemed I could get the ball, hold onto it and pick passes out. Now in the full game, it seems as soon as you get the ball you have to pass it as you're pressed straight away. This is one of my pet hates about PES and it seems to be similar in FIFA. I don't want a game of ping-pong in midfield while I hurry to pass the ball, I want to hold the ball and look around, see where my team are running to or making space. Instead I get the ball and see a guy steaming to me so fast that I barely have time to control it and normally have to play 1-touch passing.

Until it gets to my wingers, who can't outrun anyone unless you're Mark Gonzalez at Betis. The FB's catch you without breaking stride which is a shame. You only have time on the ball in defence, and even then the forwards race towards you.

I'll be honest and say I'm going to give the PES demo a bit more time. The game is far too fast sure, but I think I need to come away from FIFA for a bit before I fall out of love with it completely. It's definately not cracking up to the game I thought it'd be when I first played the demo.

I think the demos spoil the game for us now. What? we play games for like 4 days and then we're bored with it?

you guys are lucky i'm here sulking cuz i can't play the full game and if i play the demo anymore i 'll go insane with rage not being able to finish a game...

Haha well I just played the PES demo again and DAMN it's worse than I remembered it being! The players legs when they get the ball, it's like the players are doing some crazy Irish dancing, the legs move so fast! And the funny pattering sound when players run and hit each other. Really, the PES gameplay is a joke, really really poor.

Back to FIFA.

:)

Haha well I just played the PES demo again and DAMN it's worse than I remembered it being! The players legs when they get the ball, it's like the players are doing some crazy Irish dancing, the legs move so fast! And the funny pattering sound when players run and hit each other. Really, the PES gameplay is a joke, really really poor.

Back to FIFA.

:lol: The force is strong in this one :)

Back to FIFA.

lol, btw this game is fantastic online, i never had any emotion in online games also not on pes where i was a division 1 player online, if i losed a game it didn't hit me at all, next time better.. but here lol i rly hate it to lose broked almost my controller today because of a lucky goal in the 93min online :(

lol, btw this game is fantastic online, i never had any emotion in online games also not on pes where i was a division 1 player online, if i losed a game it didn't hit me at all, next time better.. but here lol i rly hate it to lose broked almost my controller today because of a lucky goal in the 93min online :(

I've only played twice online, but theyve both been good games upto a point. Played a guy and had a fantastic game, then I got two quick goals and it killed the match (Glad he still played on though.). Second game was cut short against a friend by connection issues, which was a shame, cause it was really tight. Makes you feel great when you pull off a great move, or even when you get lucky with a tap in.

I only ever had that once, last year on PES6 360. I was Brazil, this guy was Argentina, it was 3-3 up until the injury time, and then I got a FK on the edge of the box with Ronaldinho. Thought I'd completely overdone it, but it flew in, couldn't believe it. I hated that game as well, so maybe there's hope for both games (at least online).

Arrgh! I've just been completely robbed by Leicester :( I had 12 shots, they had 3! I had all the game then they went up the other end and scored with 10 mins left.

Bloody football :lol:

I just did the exact same to City with West Ham!

Got slaughtered, couldnt keep possesion, had 1 shot all game. Then ljungberg bursts away on the right and crosses to ashton who controls and pile drives into the net to make it 1-0. Another on slaught from city, I was giving silly fouls away. Held on for a 1-0 win!

WOO first time I robbed the cpu for a change :D

How about this:

I called up Virgin last thursday and asked if they got Fifa, She said No. I asked if she knows when they'll get it and she answered "Don't know, maybe next month". Now i go online and order my copy from game.co.uk hoping i recieve it earlier. Today i went to Virgin for the fuck of it, I head to the New Releases section, My eyes are locked onto something... "Fifa 08". I went to customer service and asked 'em "Since when has Fifa 08 been on the shelves?", "Friday", she replied.

Its there, on the fucking shelves, and i can't buy it 'coz my copy is on the way, somewhere. :|](*,)

Why don't you just buy it at Virgin and then when your copy comes from Game just bring that one back to Virgin sealed up along with the receipt from the game you bought there?

Portugal (airjoca) x England (PDoggUK) 0-0 after 90m. Just when the England fans were fearing another penalty shootout against Portugal they scream goal. But no, it was off the post! :) On the other end of the pitch, Ronaldo makes them pay, scores, Portugal wins... again :D

Love it. ;)

Hi

can some one till as if we can edit the position of the player in the formation in the full game.

i thot the game was supposed to be in 1080p for ps3?
my tv is showing it in 480p (my tv only supports 1080i so if its 720p it goes to 480p.. =__=)

The cursor change is starting to but me now. Lets say a ball is being cleared by an opponent and i want my midfielder to run to the ball. Only the cursor will never change to that player and he just keeps baking off until the ball touches the ground and he's no chance of getting to it before the other team.

Can someone give more impressions on Manager Mode? Is there a limit to how many players you can bid on during the transfer window? Are you able to get into Europe in the 2nd season? Anything else? Still waiting for my copy. I've been loving the demo still though.

Hi

can some one till as if we can edit the position of the player in the formation in the full game.
Yes, but you won't ever be able to play with that formation online. And when you do decide to play online it will erase any custom formation you have created. It's pathetic!!

Last edited:

Portugal (airjoca) x England (PDoggUK) 0-0 after 90m. Just when the England fans were fearing another penalty shootout against Portugal they scream goal. But no, it was off the post! :) On the other end of the pitch, Ronaldo makes them pay, scores, Portugal wins... again :D

Love it. ;)

Filth!!! ;)

Haha, really loving the game after playing it all day :) Manager mode is great, even though I got knocked out of the Carling Cup by Hereford :oops: Shocking, but oh well! Some good times to come!

christ playing pes after this makes it feel like virtua striker 2.... anyone else....

:/

Dont know if I'll buy pes this year, a year without a konami football game... for the first time in.... hmmm... 13 years

never thought id say that, pes just seems nothing like the real game, yeah sure fifa still has a way to go but in its own separate direction has come a lot closer. pes just seems weird now, too simple, too easy.

Hmmm :(

Filth!!! ;)

Haha, really loving the game after playing it all day :) Manager mode is great, even though I got knocked out of the Carling Cup by Hereford :oops: Shocking, but oh well! Some good times to come!

I dunno mate, Charlton Athletic are pretty crap ....

:lmao:........:lmao:
.........:lmao:........
:lmao:........:lmao:

Last edited:

I can't believe I lost 0-2 earlier after hitting the post twice and having a dozen chances, I swear that the weak stats for these Arsenal players are letting me down a bit.
Not going near Xbox Live right now it's freezing the dashboard.

Last edited:

I just encountered my first sore loser who disconnected.. but I feel sorry for him I scored in the 118th minute after all :D

damn, i just played with a friend of mine who kept on doing fouls. 16 in total. he only got one player senbt off. total letdown... :(

Back
Top Bottom