FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Good point. I've seen the CPU give away fouls, but never a penalty.

I've been awarded 2 penalties and I've only managed about 10 games or so since I bought the game. I'm playing the ps3 version which had dusk in the demo, but has it been taken out of the options? I only see Night or Day to choose from?

Day and night are the only options on the 360 version as well when choosing Friendly options.

It depends on the stadium you're playing, Wembley has both day and dusk options as far as I remember.

I've been playing some more matches and I'm getting really pissed. I'm playing on World Class and managing not to concede many goals, but I can't score to save my life. I've only scored like 2 goals in 6 matches with Arsenal, and they were similar - Walcott crosses the ball and Adebayor heads it. I'm sick of drawing matches and losing them on penalties.

I need help. :cry:

It depends on the stadium you're playing, Wembley has both day and dusk options as far as I remember.

I've been playing some more matches and I'm getting really pissed. I'm playing on World Class and managing not to concede many goals, but I can't score to save my life. I've only scored like 2 goals in 6 matches with Arsenal, and they were similar - Walcott crosses the ball and Adebayor heads it. I'm sick of drawing matches and losing them on penalties.

Which control settings are you using? I'm struggling to score too, but I use manual or semi shooting.

It may seem a stupid question but how does the game play on the easiest setting? Is it stupidly easy or do you just benefit from being a bit quicker and having more time etc? I've only played so far on the default (profesional I think?) and keep trying out assisted/semi/manual to see what I prefer! So far I'm semi on all except through balls and lobbed balls, I prefer those on manual.

I'm using passing, crossing and shooting on semi-assisted, being the rest on manual. No matter what I do, the balls always go one inch away from the goal. It's really pissing me off because there isn't a stupid training mode to practice, since the arena is pointless when it comes to practicing.

Lower the level or go play on line for some real fun. AI patterns make the game pretty boring in general.

It may seem a stupid question but how does the game play on the easiest setting? Is it stupidly easy or do you just benefit from being a bit quicker and having more time etc? I've only played so far on the default (profesional I think?) and keep trying out assisted/semi/manual to see what I prefer! So far I'm semi on all except through balls and lobbed balls, I prefer those on manual.

I've done a few challenges where the AI is amateur and Semi-Pro and the AI is pretty dodgy at those levels. They can still give a half decent game, but your players can EASILY outrun their players.

Gorbard, will you be online tonight to play our league game? I tried to get a game with you yesterday (i think, my memory is rubbish!) but it kept saying the session is unavailable when your name came up to pick a team.

I've actually had the CPU score on quite a few crosses and corners, on Pro level. Nearly always a looping header too.

Same here, I keep getting monstered by CPU headers

P.S

Someone, anyone, how the hell do I score in this game? I am getting the hang of defence and build up play, but my shooting is woeful

Last edited:

Gorbard, will you be online tonight to play our league game? I tried to get a game with you yesterday (i think, my memory is rubbish!) but it kept saying the session is unavailable when your name came up to pick a team.

Sure, if the bug is now fixed it won't be a problem. Really annoying.

Good stuff. Hopefully my first win online (excluding penalties) :)

i played a few games online and i hate people always picking the big teams like barca chelsea and manu,there are so many teams pffff

Does anyone know how the overall skill works? Like I have Pirlo in a DMC position with an overall skill of 81. If I change his position to CM, his overall skill will be 88, but he's still in the same position on the field.

Does this mean that every skill Pirlo has, will be reduced if I play him in a DMC role? Like his long passing will go from 95 to 85 for example?

And Tomas Rosicky is either a AMC or AMR in the game, but in real life he's an AML (and AMC). Does anyone know how to change this, without changing his best foot to the left?

Anyone?

i played a few games online and i hate people always picking the big teams like barca chelsea and manu,there are so many teams pffff

Just don't go through with the game. If someone picks a team like that and I want to play someone less powerful, I'll just quit out at the kit selection screen.

I've had some good games with random people and we've both picked teams like Ajax, Boca Juniors, Schalke, Levante etc. Just finding the more decent players out there.

It's the weekend mate - Royal Mail takes 4 or 5 BUSINESS days so as stated I expect it should arrive Tuesday or so (still beats having to wait til a week from Tuesday) :o

I was just checking to see if you had a tracking number and if you knew exactly where your game was in shipping.

im a pes fan from very long time but after i try the fifa demo this year is fifa 08 is the bast soccer game 9.10

Just played a guy online, he picked LA Galaxy and I picked Aston Villa. Well, I beat him 5-0 though I missed lots of easy chances, oh God. I really need to practice, I only score headers.

Just played a guy online, he picked LA Galaxy and I picked Aston Villa. Well, I beat him 5-0 though I missed lots of easy chances, oh God. I really need to practice, I only score with crosses.

LA Galaxy and Villa? Bit of an unfair match isn't it? :lol:

I LOVE this game in single player but HATE it online. Too much lag in the games I have played so far (apart from the one against Coopz which was perfect). I will try it more online but don't like it so far.

ALSO; to the guy who wants pics of Tevez stats: My wife has taken my camera with her on a business trip, sorry mate. :(

When we finally get it I think we should only play against each other, screw those scummy Euro/Aussie trash ;)

Although I have to say that my timezone is +14 yours most likely so I'll have the game half a day before you ;)

:lmao:No some of these blokes are well and good but I have no doubt they'll had either moved on to the pes demo out of boredom, seems like everyone changes their tune here very quickly including me.

I LOVE this game in single player but HATE it online. Too much lag in the games I have played so far (apart from the one against Coopz which was perfect). I will try it more online but don't like it so far.

ALSO; to the guy who wants pics of Tevez stats: My wife has taken my camera with her on a business trip, sorry mate. :(

What is your connection speed?

mine is 16mb so if i host it should never lag really

Back
Top Bottom