FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

right am I doing somthing wrong

in manager mode I play one match then my players are fucked for the next, then next game i got no energy and the other team has full

totaly confused
I had the same problem with a lower-league team. You have to invest in the "fitness" staff upgrade until it's at least 4/5. Which is ridiculous, I know, but at least you can fix it.

I've been playing a few games over Xbox Live against my brother today and we're getting a lot of lag. Is everyone else getting this (I figure the load on the servers might be heavy as the game was released yesterday) or is it just us?

Like it's been said repeatedly, keep Ronaldinho in the arena and things should be fine ;) I know its weird and don't get whats that got to do with anything but thats how it works.

i'm sorry.
this thread is way too huge... it's hard to find the info i'm looking for... and i think i've already read every single page... lulz

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS OF THE STATS? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ACTUAL STATS (SUCH AS MARKING, ETC) NOT THE VALUES.

Sorry for the capitals - but nobody seems to be nice enough to help :(

Well what a disappointing week......

First I find out that EA lied/misled everyone regarding being able to edit players with generic faces in next gen (still seriously pissed about that one and the EA reps on their forums are refusing to answer the PM's I sent to them).

Then the holiday the wife and I went on was shit, in fact we decided to come back a day early (travelling from 7:30am - 10:30pm on my birthday, joy!).

Then the one thing I think that will make up for it all, Fifa 08 released on 360 here in Singapore on Friday 28th, but no of course that can't happen either, EA decide to inform retailers here the day before it's "slipped" to October 9th, bunch of cunts :( And of course the EA.sg website lists it as being "released" http://www.ea.com.sg/en-sg/games/xbox360/fifa/fifa08/, double cunts :(

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS OF THE STATS? I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ACTUAL STATS (SUCH AS MARKING, ETC) NOT THE VALUES.

Sorry for the capitals - but nobody seems to be nice enough to help :(

I will do it after the Man United match for you mate. What clubs do you want to see?

As the poor guy asked 20 times, he doesn't care who you show the stats for, he wants to see the full list of different stat descriptions there are, such as stamina, short passing, long passing, agility etc. etc. etc. ;)

As the poor guy asked 20 times, he doesn't care who you show the stats for, he wants to see the full list of different stat descriptions there are, such as stamina, short passing, long passing, agility etc. etc. etc. ;)

OK no worries mate - I will do it at 7.30pm (UK time) for him. :)

Well what a disappointing week......

First I find out that EA lied/misled everyone regarding being able to edit players with generic faces in next gen (still seriously pissed about that one and the EA reps on their forums are refusing to answer the PM's I sent to them).

Then the holiday the wife and I went on was shit, in fact we decided to come back a day early (travelling from 7:30am - 10:30pm on my birthday, joy!).

Then the one thing I think that will make up for it all, Fifa 08 released on 360 here in Singapore on Friday 28th, but no of course that can't happen either, EA decide to inform retailers here the day before it's "slipped" to October 9th, bunch of cunts :( And of course the EA.sg website lists it as being "released" http://www.ea.com.sg/en-sg/games/xbox360/fifa/fifa08/, double cunts :(

I can't get it until the 10th as well...:(

I have to say lads that after all the initial wow factor this game is starting to frustrate me.The response issues are starting to be a factor to the point where I am pressing buttons twice for the ball to be played or crossed.

Its even worse online with touches of lag making it a frustrating attempt at just trying to get an opening let alone score.

Been playing it all day and its not been the most enjoyable experience.Yes the animation and all the razzmatazz and the gameplay is superb but i just wonder if its just going to keep on frustrating me and thus lose its appeal.

i dunno,it may just be too good for its own good.

This game is 100% awesome, but there is one thing that is really beginning to piss me right off. Don't the referee ever give free-kicks against the CPU??!!. I only have to look at one of there players the wrong way and a free kick is awarded. The opposition kills me and nothing!.

Started my manager mode, into my 6th game of the season and just been drawn against Wycombe Wanderers. Happy days.

I have to say lads that after all the initial wow factor this game is starting to frustrate me.The response issues are starting to be a factor to the point where I am pressing buttons twice for the ball to be played or crossed.

Its even worse online with touches of lag making it a frustrating attempt at just trying to get an opening let alone score.

Been playing it all day and its not been the most enjoyable experience.Yes the animation and all the razzmatazz and the gameplay is superb but i just wonder if its just going to keep on frustrating me and thus lose its appeal.

oh shit, this is why i hated last years version, well and it sucked

OK no worries mate - I will do it at 7.30pm (UK time) for him. :)

PlanM, can you post Tevez's stats up please? Then I can get an idea of what EA do to popular players (for example Konami overrate popular players).

Can't wait until 7.30 PM, thanks for this mate :)

I feel exactly the same mate :(

This game is 100% awesome, but there is one thing that is really beginning to piss me right off. Don't the referee ever give free-kicks against the CPU??!!. I only have to look at one of there players the wrong way and a free kick is awarded. The opposition kills me and nothing!.

CPU cheating... ;)

the cpu gets penalised against me all the time!

Be a pro is too laggy on 360 frames per second wise...anyone else find this?

Is this a complaint mostly about how the lag affects online play or offline play/

which is to say is the offline play better than the online?

Uhm, maybe the game is not as respinsive as it should be, but also i always notice in all the games i play that when i am tired everything seems laggy scratchy etc.

maybe give it a rest, i think max 10 games is optimum, more can be frustrating in every game.

Is this a complaint mostly about how the lag affects online play or offline play/

which is to say is the offline play better than the online?

Offline is slightly better, but I have to say it really is starting to ruin the game for me now.

press pass and nothing..........lose the ball........win it back.........pass, pass, pass, pass......no response and so on.

its very,very frustrating.

Online is worse and I have conceeded many goals jst because my player is locked onto the ball and it will not let me change players who are right near the ball.

I love the game and what its trying to do but at the end of the day its whether you are enjoying it or not.

I have also had loads of instances where all the keeper has to do is pick the ball up rolling towards him and he waits for it??? giving enough time for an opposition player to run in and score from 8 yards out.

The more i play it the more I can see holes starting to appear, its not poor its just not now meeting my initial impressions and expectations.

How are you finding Everton on the game mate?

I am struggling to score AJ is good as is Arteta, but Yakubu has been terrible for me.

I pl;ay this at the moment.

Howard

Neville Lescott Yobo Valente

Arteta Graveson Cahill Bains

AJ Yakubu​

Just had a mess-around on FIFA testing some sound settings and Yakubu scored AGAIN with a looped header over Reina, same as the first game I played. Try heading the ball with him, it seems he's some kinda god at heading ;)

Back
Top Bottom