FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Yakubu has been crap for me too,although he did score winner at anfield for me:lol: Lescott and Yobo are great though. i think i am trying to hard for tricks and flicks with arteta.

Howard
Neville Yobo Lescott Baines
Carsley
Arteta McFadden
Cahill
Johnson Yakubu

How do you rotate the camera when watching a replay? it is all greyed out whenever I go into a replay! so I can't use it - its pissing me off now.

They fact you can\t save goals to the harddrive is pretty shitty too - it should just be in there, there is no excuse for it!

I love the game though, little things like this really get to me though - an enjoyable part of the game is replays and saving them. I also agree when online you should be the only person to skip goals and also the highlights at the end - I wanna watch them!

After playing this for over 12 hours it has dawned on me that EA have targeted the mature football fan with this game. My 14 year old brother came over last night for an hour and he didn't like it AT ALL. He said it was boring.

Mine too. But losing 9-1 doesn't help to enjoy a new game :).
He's a PES hardcore fan and doesn't like the response time but keeps asking for revenges :lol:. I know he loves it but won't say.

Just had my first win on career mode (pofessional) 2-1 home win playing as Nots forest at home to Oldham.

I am still finding it so hard to score and i am also getting frustrated at not being able to put a ball beyond and over the defence for my players to run onto.Infact i have noticed that the AI is pretty average when it comes to strikers spinning off the defenders and making decent runs in behind.

Anyone have any tips or is finding the same problem?

You look up with time and all I see is my players standing next to the centre backs, why no diagonal runs or more movement.It means I have to turn back and start again but sometimes I want to punt the ball over into space behind but my players are never there.

Just had my first win on career mode (pofessional) 2-1 home win playing as Nots forest at home to Oldham.

I am still finding it so hard to score and i am also getting frustrated at not being able to put a ball beyond and over the defence for my players to run onto.Infact i have noticed that the AI is pretty average when it comes to strikers spinning off the defenders and making decent runs in behind.

Anyone have any tips or is finding the same problem?

You look up with time and all I see is my players standing next to the centre backs, why no diagonal runs or more movement.It means I have to turn back and start again but sometimes I want to punt the ball over into space behind but my players are never there.

Are you using the player run button? maybe its lower league players not making runs but with the player run button i have Andrew Johnson making all sorts of super runs. ( although i usually miss when in:))

I have loads of patience and play the ball around for ages but every time I go to play it they are just standing around.

i am playing with the new alternative config, which is the player run button??

I have loads of patience and play the ball around for ages but every time I go to play it they are just standing around.

L1 on PS3 for player run, not sure about XBOX

If you check the controls screen, it tells you

They must give us the option to save replays in our HDD.
It's ridiculous for a next-gen game to not have this option... :(

Can you not save / upload replays of goals scored online?

Also, is it true that when the 5v5 online Be A Pro patch comes around, 2v2 (on 4 seperate Xboxes) will also be introduced?

i am an avid PES player and have hated all of fifas since 99 including the demo. I have just got the full version and wow what a game. I love it..EA have done really well with this one.

How can i watch the police dog display team at half time? Just played a few games with Coopz i think it was 3 games to 1 to him.

Guys can someone answer me something:

In manager mode, if I chose Man United, the contract says "Win the league." If I came second but won a few domestic cups, would I still get the sack i.e. "Game Over"?

Thanks in advance! :)

PES 5 is the best simulation of football, not FIFA. PES has already been where FIFA is today (trying to make it a slow simulation).

To quote Hope Solo - "The fact of the matter is it's not 2004. It doesn't matter what somebody did years ago...it's 2007 and I think you have to live in the present."

The discussion was specifically about FIFA 08 and PES 2008 - that is why this thread is subtitled NEXT GEN CHAT.
By all means please feel free to go back to playing PES 5 - most of us here though seem to prefer to take advantage of the latest technology that's available when it comes to our footy videogaming.

right am I doing somthing wrong

in manager mode I play one match then my players are fucked for the next, then next game i got no energy and the other team has full

totaly confused

How do you rotate the camera when watching a replay? it is all greyed out whenever I go into a replay! so I can't use it - its pissing me off now.
You press the blue button on 360 (square on PS3) until the angle has changed to the free-cam mode. Then you can zoom in, zoom out and move the camera to whatever angle you want.

In manager mode, if I chose Man United, the contract says "Win the league." If I came second but won a few domestic cups, would I still get the sack i.e. "Game Over"?
You shouldn't do, unless you have a really terrible board. I speak of experience on FIFA 07 CG - but in that you could get sacked and carry on, on this you can't, so maybe things have changed...

In the edit mode in fifa is there any way of getting the new white nike boots they are not on the shop part to buy, i wanna chage a few plays ie rooney, saha etc to the white nikes like evra but on can get yellow any one have any ideas or know? Cheers

Back
Top Bottom