FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I just tried out the Interactive Leagues, I selected Manchester United.

I played Wigan vs. Liverpool twice and drew both 0-0. Then Birmingham vs. Manchester United and I won that one 2-0.

Good games. :)

Yeah I have

What's your point? Are you comparing FIFA's ball physics to PES? Because if you are, you're a funny bloke.

Oh wait are you talking about during gameplay, not free kicks?

Cos if you are I feel a bit silly now :oops:

Can we just pretend I didn't say anything? :)

this game is amazing. the best game of footy ever, period. turn on manual shooting its a dream. just scored a goal with torres vs cork city at old trafford, just like torres first against reading this week - and the best thing about it? I MEANT IT!!!

absoloutely gorgeous. blows pes out of the water - clear out of the water.

Take care of that Mullet would ya!!

I have repeatedly written that the 360 version of Fifa 08 looks better than the ps3 version. I have both and the ps3 version is not as sharp and has a lot of jaggies.

I bought a component cable today and replaced HDMI cable with the component cable. All of a sudden fifa on 360 and ps3 look about the same. I tested some other games and it turns out that my ps3 just looks better with component. It's not my TV because i tested it on my friends pioneer plasma and he had the same jaggies.

Could it be that buying a more expensive HDMI cable would actually have a visible effect. I know it's a bit oftopic but i was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with HDMI/component.

Hmmm... there are some new settings on the PS3 that got released to give richer-colours on the PS3 before? Try that.

And buying a more expensive HDMI cable won't fix jaggies.
And nothing wrong with component really :)

what's the deal with having to download the updated rosters everytime i want to play online?

and how can i let the ball pass near me instead of controlling it? it once happened, and i remember pressing the L1 button on the "new control scheme"

hmmm...

Could it be that buying a more expensive HDMI cable would actually have a visible effect. I know it's a bit oftopic but i was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with HDMI/component.

No!!! Absolutely not. HDMI is a digital connection and nothing is to be gained by paying loads for a nice thick, high quality cable. If you have a degraded signal, the picture breaks up...a bit like SKY in bad weather or, more likely, you'll just get a lost connection (screen full of static). The only reason to buy a more expensive HDMI cables is if you are suffering this problem and this is only really likely to occur if you have a long cable.

Component cables on the other hand are affected by quality. If you have a component connection, you may well be worth investing some cash.

Oh my god, the free kicks annoy me. I can't make a single foul within 30 meters from my own goal, without Alex or Renato or someone curling the ball into the net. Does anyone know if it's possible for EA to create a patch to fix this?

Not a great solution but.....try running a player back on the goal line to cover one post. I sometimes header the ball off the line this way. Using x to make the wall jump also works, sometimes.

Hi guys, got the game on Friday after being very impressed by the Fifa Demo compared to the PES Demo. I changed over to PES/ISS in 2001 after seeing FIFA 2000 and the following FIFA's weren't as good as FIFA 99 and haven't looked back till now.

I actually cannot play PES 08 anymore after playing FIFA 08, just seems so unrealistic, too fast and small pitch doesn't allow much build up play. I personally like my football games to be realistic. But I am sure PES will appeal to different fans.

My question is:

I love the build up play in FIFA 08 but I would also like to be able to do a long ball over the back of the defence to a pacey striker. From what I have played I don't really see forward runs off the back of the defender, they seem to sit back a bit from the defensive line a good bit, so when I hit a long ball over the top they aren't in line with the defender and therefore don't quite get to the ball.

I remember a good thing about PES where you would see the striker icon on the radar flashing to show you he was inline with the defender and then you could attempt a high through ball/long pass. I don't think you really need the flashing icon but I just don't really see the strikers in Fifa in those positions.

Please help me if I am getting this all wrong and you guys are able to hit long balls over the top to your fast strikers.

Fantastic game though.

what's the deal with having to download the updated rosters everytime i want to play online?

and how can i let the ball pass near me instead of controlling it? it once happened, and i remember pressing the L1 button on the "new control scheme"

hmmm...

Like it's been said repeatedly, keep Ronaldinho in the arena and things should be fine ;) I know its weird and don't get whats that got to do with anything but thats how it works.

does anyone else find that the be a pro mode drops the frame rate by about half on 360? Really annoying. Keepers are a tad retarded but can then be brilliant..What view should I play on - Dynamic or Tele? Tele u can see the whole field which is good but on dynamic the frame rate is like 600fps soooooo smooth and fast and it really adds something to the game!

cpu scores a hell lot of headers against me. is there some trick to defent your box? I am pushing the X (PS3) button hundres times when the ball is in the air. Or should I push it only once bute in the reight momement?

cpu scores a hell lot of headers against me. is there some trick to defent your box? I am pushing the X (PS3) button hundres times when the ball is in the air. Or should I push it only once bute in the reight momement?

If your defending headers I would use the shoot button x in my case.

Also try and line your man up before they take the corner.

At the end of the day if they get a good head on it they have a good chance of scoring.

HELP!
I played fifa ps3 this morning and all of the suden there is no audience no more.... empty stadiums (and i don't play that bad!)...
Sometimes some blockes / stripes appear, very strange. Thought maybe has something to do with my ps3, but other games work out well...
Someone?

UPDATE: it get's even sicker.. Just installed the demo to compare: also an empty stadium! How on earth can this be?

Last edited:

JB or Jay if your sending an email to EA can you mention these, in no particular order :)

1.Let us talk after the game has finished and not just cut us off
2.Make it so only the person that has scored can skip replays
3.Let us save goals, highlights, saves and skills to the hard drive so we can upload later
4.Add Total Points to the Online leagues
5.Let us move the players positions around when online
6.and give us more angles and replays when we score online

Thats about all i can think of that would be good additions

JB or Jay if your sending an email to EA can you mention these, in no particular order :)

1.Let us talk after the game has finished and not just cut us off
2.Make it so only the person that has scored can skip replays
3.Let us save goals, highlights, saves and skills to the hard drive so we can upload later
4.Add Total Points to the Online leagues
5.Let us move the players positions around when online
6.and give us more angles and replays when we score online

Thats about all i can think of that would be good additions

I'll do that now, they are all things I agree with.

Back
Top Bottom