FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

just a small question is there any way to change stadiums in torn mode and manager mode as most prem teams apart from big ones always play in same stadium

Tried for the 1st time in my life online football games. I love it. Too bad I can't play for the league, my xbox is at my parent's (only during week-ends :().

Lost the 1st one : Marseille - Man U : 0-0 (PK)
Win : Roma - Juventus : 3-0

Going to do 2 or 3 matches.

i just played a guy on line in a night time game and it looks bloody awful, its like its floodlit with torches, so many dark patches. anyone else come across this?

well bro - i bought ps3 fifa08 - i like fifa, but gamers are normally not looking for simulation but nice action games.... pes is better

Sorry fella, but you're wrong. In the last few years people prefered PES because it simulated fottball much better then FIFA. I remember many friends saying that when playing PES they felt like they had to think like when playing football for real, it felt like football. Thats why PES is so much loved by us all. And FIFA was just utter crap.
This year playing FIFA i find myself thinking like i would if i was playing real football, and playing the PES2008 demo i feel like i'm playing pinball.
I really can´t believe what they have done to PES. Its way to fast, a long pass from a LB to a RB takes 0.4 seconds, then the player stops the ball with the chest and puts in in his foot in 0.2 seconds. WTF were they thinking??
People say fifa is unresponsive... i disagree, fifa simulates a human being turning around with a football in his feet, and PES addicts like me just have to get used to it (if they enjoy it, of course).
I never thought i would ever say this, but if the final version of PES decreases the speed by some 30% at least, then i'll be playing FIFA.
I know im gonna end playing PES online, i cant gettired of PES online, but i lost that feeling of playing PES and feeling that its ther best game in the world and as close to football as it can get.

FIFA's not perfect. To hard to score and it gets a litlle repetitive... but the ball physics is great this year, really great.

i just played a guy on line in a night time game and it looks bloody awful, its like its floodlit with torches, so many dark patches. anyone else come across this?

Yeah I noticed that too. It's alright in some stadiums but looks really bad in others.

Yeah I noticed that too. It's alright in some stadiums but looks really bad in others.

It was Old Trafford and Man U were wearin black, they were like ninjas coming out of the shadows, especially Evra and Saha

From the end of the eurogamer reviewer

"Maybe it's time we stopped torturing ourselves about which is better and started thinking about what kind of footy experience we're looking for, then make our decisions based on that instead. Now there's a thought..."

No truer words have been said...

From the end of the eurogamer reviewer

"Maybe it's time we stopped torturing ourselves about which is better and started thinking about what kind of footy experience we're looking for, then make our decisions based on that instead. Now there's a thought..."

No truer words have been said...

so tomba, how r u doing?
me? well it just hurts to think we still hav over a long long week to go. :( i feel desperate.

I watched Schalke v Hertha Berlin on Setanta earlier and EA have got the pace of the game SPOT-ON in FIFA 08. It is perfect. I watched the match and smiled to myself thinking "Thankyou EA."

:)

I have noticed that about Old Trafford at night. There are spot-light effects on certain parts of the pitch. It doesn't bother me too much though as it REALLY DOES feel like an evening game at Man United.

What is strange is that Pirlo in a defensive midfielder role has an overall skill of 81, but if I move him up as a central midfielder, he gets 88 overall. And Gattuso, who usually plays CM, has an overall skill of 77 when he plays there, and 85 as a defensive midfielder. Strange, and pretty stupid, as these are the roles that they have been playing their best football in.

The problem with most folks here who 'crossover' to FIFA is that we have all been so used to playing WE/PES for years that the control/response/reaction of that game has become almost instinctively ingrained in us both mentally and physically. We are all so used to the familiar, comfortable movements of our fingers and split second decisions in our heads that go along with playing PES that of course any differing control scheme/player reaction time transition is going to be frustrating and quite possibly almost painful.
EA's approach to the game for '08 obviously is quite different than Konami in that they have tried to recreate the actual pace and rhythm of real life football and adjusting from the frenetic, barely catch your breath action of PES is going to be a shock (and quite a negative one at that) for many players. In real life it can take players a second or two to react and move (unlike Konami robots) and EA has made that part of the game.
In my view it's like this - if you want to kickback with your feet up and enjoy the easy, familiar controls and non-stop end to end action in a footy game that you've been used to for years with PES then stick with that - however if you're looking for a footy SIMULATION where the pace is much slower and can get bogged down at times (as in real life) and as you say takes hard work and battling thru frustration (as in real life) just to stay on the ball and try to carve out scoring chances then FIFA is for you.
Footy is not an easy game and neither is FIFA 08, simple as that. ;)

Awesome post, i have come to the same conclusion after playing alot of the game today

someone try and play the PES demo now in comparison :)

Awesome post, i have come to the same conclusion after playing alot of the game today

someone try and play the PES demo now in comparison :)

I tried playing the PES 2008 demo after FIFA this afternoon and my mum was round at the time. She said "Why do you still play childish video games? You are 28!".

:lmao:

(I have deleted the PES 2008 demo to prevent any further embarrassment. ;))

Ok guys, so shopto.com is a very reliable site for overseas shopping to the US area correct?

Are all these posts making you want the game early mate? :)

I dont think the English version is region free though

Are all these posts making you want the game early mate? :)

I dont think the English version is region free though

LOL! Yep!

I am dying to play this game. I have the PS3 but I will just wait it out. I will go with the one that has the best net animations..if both of them are identical in this, then I will go with the 360.

To keep myself busy, I have been plaing Bioshock(one long and hard game if you ask me), almost done with it..and I haven't even touched Halo 3 yet. Not to mention I haven't finished Tomb Raider: Anniversary on PS2 as well. I am trying to keep myself busy before Fifa08 comes, but it's tough.

The fact that I am not the patient type does not help one bit.

What is strange is that Pirlo in a defensive midfielder role has an overall skill of 81, but if I move him up as a central midfielder, he gets 88 overall. And Gattuso, who usually plays CM, has an overall skill of 77 when he plays there, and 85 as a defensive midfielder. Strange, and pretty stupid, as these are the roles that they have been playing their best football in.

I think that would be because Pirlo's stats are more suited to a CM, and the same for Gattuso as a DM. I don't think the programmers made it so Pirlo changes to 88 if you put him in CM, I think they made it so if he has good stats in these areas and you put him in this position, he'll be more effective (and so a higher overall stat) than if you put him in another position. The overall is more of a guideline for newbies, I think. Don't base the players you play on their overall stat, base it on their individual stats.

LOL! Yep!

I am dying to play this game. I have the PS3 but I will just wait it out. I will go with the one that has the best net animations..if both of them are identical in this, then I will go with the 360.

To keep myself busy, I have been plaing Bioshock(one long and hard game if you ask me), almost done with it..and I haven't even touched Halo 3 yet. Not to mention I haven't finished Tomb Raider: Anniversary on PS2 as well. I am trying to keep myself busy before Fifa08 comes, but it's tough.

The fact that I am not the patient type does not help one bit.

The 360 has the most players off here anyway just go with that, i have had some great games today with people off here on the 360

Get on Legendary Co-Op on Halo that will pass the time away :thumbup:

I loved my first online experience.

Totti is amazing and it feels soooo great playing with Roma.

What should I do to play tonight (or when I find time) with a member of Evo-web ?

Is there a reason why every game I play requires a squad update?

And they need to sort out some horrible connection issues, otherwise, its great stuff.

Just keep with Ronaldinho in the Arena and you wont have to update everytime

I've already noticed Tyler saying some things out of place, a deflected shot straight into the keepers' arms is a "Wonderful save"? :D
Otherwise it's excellent, looks great too except I wish I could seem in the Tele cam a bit.
I feel sorry for Alex Song though his face model is terrible in this game. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom