FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I´m trying to play some mini league games but i just cant download the damn squad file... what´s going on??!!!

There is no problem. You're just not allowed to be critical or even objective. Welcome to the forum.

Honestly I see things in a different way: i think he is an old member that just created a new account to talk rubbish about fifa because he is a fanboy. But i might just be mistaken and paranoyd. My fault sorry.

I must say thanks to Coopz for advising to use semi passing instead of manual, much better and makes for a more free game. I don't like the assisted shooting much though so I'm gonna go back to manual I think, same with through balls etc, just keep passing on semi :)

<excited>WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! A game has never captured Man United well enough for me before until now. Carrick just received the ball and the commentator says "Carrick now. He has moved up the levels at United, now an established player in the team." Little things like that just make it all feel real. I still can't score though. Absoultely LOVING THIS though.</excited>

yeah but thats not true... he was bought and played almost right away....

If you have some of us on your friends list do this:

Xbox Live > Xbox Live Custom Match > Create Unranked Session > And on the option screen that follows put Private Session on YES. Then Create Session and choose one of your friends to envite to play.

Thx Airjoca but I'm on PS3...

I just had a go of Be A Pro with Ronaldo, assisted four times, constantly running down the wing, scored twice, loads of tricks, it looked just like the real Ronnie. Beautiful stuff.

I must say thanks to Coopz for advising to use semi passing instead of manual, much better and makes for a more free game. I don't like the assisted shooting much though so I'm gonna go back to manual I think, same with through balls etc, just keep passing on semi :)

I don't get it. If I read the game's description of semi-passing, it says the game will help you determine the speed of the pass, but you have to aim for the direction yourself.

Well, the direction of manual passing is the hardest part for me (I thought everyone finds that harder). If I make a bad pass it's because I don't aim well enough, not because I press the button too long or too short.

Honestly I see things in a different way: i think he is an old member that just created a new account to talk rubbish about fifa because he is a fanboy. But i might just be mistaken and paranoyd. My fault sorry.

You are mistaken. I only found this forum a few days ago whilst trying to look for an early review of fifa.

i really dont get this fanboy nonsense - i'll most likely end up with both footy games, both have pros and cons unique to them - and why would i talk rubbish about a game i've just shelled out 40 quid for?

PS thanks for the support SXFuzz!!

Is it possible for you guys in Asia/America to buy the game from a UK retailer online? Or would it take too long for delivery (I haven't got a clue about things like this you see).

Just played my first two games on Professional setting.Drew 0-0 Athletico v Seville.Very tight and cagey game.Then,played Everton v Liverpool and lost 2-0.Sadly both goals came from the sweet spot that the computer was scoring from in the demo.Really took a bit of the shine off the game especially as it seems impossible to defend against.

Seriously, someone ought to send this entire thread to EA Sports.

Joe Booth will never have to wipe his own ass ever again.

Oh,And beat Barca 1-0 online as Hearts.

G I R U Y G H B

(Get it right up ye glory hunting bastards)

Seriously, someone ought to send this entire thread to EA Sports.

Joe Booth will never have to wipe his own ass ever again.

Oh,And beat Barca 1-0 online as Hearts.

G I R U Y G H B

(Get it right up ye glory hunting bastards)

We keep missing each other mate.

Ill be on after 7pm :)

sorry people if this has been asked, but where on the internet can we go to check our stats in the game etc? i know u can see them in game but i wouldnt mind being able to do it online? also where can we see different goals that have been uploaded to the internet? thanks

I thought the CPU free kick goal rate would be fixed in the full version, but I guess not. CPU scores from 60-70% of their free kicks. Ridiculous.

Is it possible for you guys in Asia/America to buy the game from a UK retailer online? Or would it take too long for delivery (I haven't got a clue about things like this you see).

I'm in the US and I've purchased from Virgin Megastores UK. It dispatched yesterday. I just don't know how long it will take. I tried emailing them, but they don't respond. I even tried calling 3 times and no one picks up. Maybe one of you all in the UK can call them for me?

What a disappointment. The game is pretty unplayabele as far as far as I'm concerned. I hear everyone saying how it's more of a simulation. How is that then. The players still are so unresponsive and the long balls and crosses feel like I'm hitting a beachball.

Roll on PES 2008. Even more pysched for this game now, knowing how shite FIFA is, AGAIN!! Woot!! Woot!!

What a disappointment. The game is pretty unplayabele as far as far as I'm concerned. I hear everyone saying how it's more of a simulation. How is that then. The players still are so unresponsive and the long balls and crosses feel like I'm hitting a beachball.

Roll on PES 2008. Even more pysched for this game now, knowing how shite FIFA is, AGAIN!! Woot!! Woot!!

Do you want the "I'm a fanboy!" t-shirt in S,M or L?

-i feel like I'm wrestling with the control pad to get players to do what i want them to do. everything feels like it lags a fraction of a second behind what you are telling your players to do. it's hard work, and extremely frustrating.

The problem with most folks here who 'crossover' to FIFA is that we have all been so used to playing WE/PES for years that the control/response/reaction of that game has become almost instinctively ingrained in us both mentally and physically. We are all so used to the familiar, comfortable movements of our fingers and split second decisions in our heads that go along with playing PES that of course any differing control scheme/player reaction time transition is going to be frustrating and quite possibly almost painful.
EA's approach to the game for '08 obviously is quite different than Konami in that they have tried to recreate the actual pace and rhythm of real life football and adjusting from the frenetic, barely catch your breath action of PES is going to be a shock (and quite a negative one at that) for many players. In real life it can take players a second or two to react and move (unlike Konami robots) and EA has made that part of the game.
In my view it's like this - if you want to kickback with your feet up and enjoy the easy, familiar controls and non-stop end to end action in a footy game that you've been used to for years with PES then stick with that - however if you're looking for a footy SIMULATION where the pace is much slower and can get bogged down at times (as in real life) and as you say takes hard work and battling thru frustration (as in real life) just to stay on the ball and try to carve out scoring chances then FIFA is for you.
Footy is not an easy game and neither is FIFA 08, simple as that. ;)

Last edited:

I can sympathise with the people who don't like it because of the response times. I feel like PES2008 would only be playable if they slowed it down by 20%, and until then I couldn't play it, regardless of what else is added to the game. If I couldn't get over the response times in FIFA then there's nothing anyone could tell me about how much of a simulation it is that would make me enjoy it.

The problem with most folks here who 'crossover' to FIFA is that we have all been so used to playing WE/PES for years that the control/response/reaction of that game has become almost instinctively ingrained in us both mentally and physically. We are all so used to the familiar, comfortable movements of our fingers and split second decisions in our heads that go along with playing PES that of course any differing control scheme/player reaction time transition is going to be frustrating and quite possibly almost painful.
EA's approach to the game for '08 obviously is quite different than Konami in that they have tried to recreate the actual pace and rhythm of real life football and adjusting from the frenetic, barely catch your breath action of PES is going to be a shock (and quite a negative one at that) for many players. In real life it can take players a second or two to react and move (unlike Konami robots) and EA has made that part of the game.
In my view it's like this - if you want to kickback with your feet up and enjoy the easy, familiar controls and non-stop end to end action in a footy game that you've been used to for years with PES then stick with that - however if you're looking for a footy SIMULATION where the pace is much slower and can get bogged down at times (as in real life) and as you say takes hard work and battling thru frustration (as in real life) just to stay on the ball and try to carve out scoring chances then FIFA is for you.

Brilliant post. You have summed up both games perfectly in my opinion. :applause:

PERFECTTTTTT!

Back
Top Bottom