FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

No the ship date here is the 9th thats means 10. they are all sticklers when it comes to dates where i am..:(:(:(

thats strange man...
i remember everyone at operationsports managed to buy their copy of MLB07 the show on tuesday...i know that becasue a user from there bought my copy and sent me on the same tuesday(15th may if i recall correctly), oh and i evan remmeber some guys that lived close to Chicago, got the game earlier on that monday.

Well what can I say? Fanastic :)

First game I lost 1-0 in the Liverpool derby. Yakubu took a strike which could only be tipped into the top corner by Reina. At first I was moaning "Oh looks like the dodgy keepers are in". Then I watched the replay. The shot from Yakubu swerved outwards because of the way he struck the ball, forcing it wide of Reina, ergo he was only able to reach the bottom of the ball, forcing it up into the top corner. My reaction was then "WOW, WHAT A GOAL". This was the CPU on Professional.

Next match QPR v Feyenoord. I took a 1-0 lead when i beat a wing back with a turn of pace with G AInsworth and fizzed it across goal. The 2 defenders missed it, as did my other striker. But who was on hand to CALMLY slot it under the keepers diving legs? Dexter Blackstock WOOT! :D

However, last 20 mins I was dominated and they equalised through Makaay PSUHING one of my defenders then nodding into the goal. Van bronkhorst ran the 2nd half. Awesome.

Now to finish this 1-1 with some golden goal extra time :)#

EDIT: I won on pens :D Finished it with a Sahar DINK in the middle. CHEEKY

Last edited:

hey guys...i have to say that i'm very impressed by this game. The last FIFA were crap and i'm a PES Lover. But this game is very good. The only thing what is unclear, is how i swerve the ball at a freekick or a corner. Normally you have to push left stick in the direction, or am I wrong.

Cheers

Just ventured online I went Everton he went Inter.

Finished 0-0 but the experiance was fantastic, cant believe how smooth it was and some good football was played by both teams. :8):

The EASPORTS linking thing is now working for PS3 owners (dont know about 360).

You can link your PS3 PSN to an EA Account and when you go online in the game next you now get asked to confirm your EA details and then the accounts are linked!

This means you can now create an avatar online and it shows up in the game - so cool!

All the points you earn in the game, can now be used on the EA site to buy stuff for the avatar - its a really nice touch!!!!!

www.easportsfootball.com

Oh, also you can now access the EA SPORTS WORLD page or something from the games menu - this brings up TONNES of stats for you that you can also view online.

I guess this account will also be used to share videos online. Exciting stuff!

I have played this all morning and I do love it! Its awesome and has depth that previous FIFAs have lacked. I too have found the same problem as Jack Bauer... my players become knackered after a few games so have to rotate the squad.

My main grievances with the game are as follows.

It takes players too damn long to control the ball at times and that gets annoying.... And the fact that Carlos Tevez is shit on the game... No strength or pace and gets taken off the ball sooo easily. What I did find though was putting Louis Saha on in his place changed a game I was drawing 0-0 with Wigan.... Saha scored 2 nice goals and I ended up winning 2-0.

How do you score freekicks on this? its almost as hard as PES's free kick system!

You need to rotate because its officially endorsed by Rafa Benitez.

Airjoca, what room u in and what's your name?

I've been doing random unranked matches. Joined the mini league that Jack setup now, but haven't played there yet. And my gamertag is there <--, same thing, airjoca. :)

The nets really have to improve. You know that feeling when the ball hits the outside of the net and everybody screams goal at the stadium? Can't happen here. Sometimes I'm not sure I scored because the nets aren't reacting the way you'd expect...

God I can't put this OR Skate down - what a day for gamers!

Can someone answer my question about contrast levels/brightness. What do you guys use? Default or do you tinker with it?

:)

Oh my god can this game get any better.

You can have all the after match analysis emailed to you after the game :shock:

How do you get the avatar online?

Guys just had an amazing first experience of be a pro mode with Elano of Man City.

I didnt score but I hit the post and brushed one wide of the post. We beat Middlesbrough 2-0, Petrove getting both goals. The 2nd was class, a proper team goal with Michael Johnson playing the final killer ball.

I got an 80 :) - "A calm player with a great first touch!"

Hey Seraphs21,

If you haven't bought the game yet, you could try blockbusters.

I think they might be selling FIFA08 for £30 + a free ball.

Not completely sure if it applies to the PS3 version because they advertised it on a newspaper and they were showing a PS2 version of the cover.

Anyways just got there and see.

Peace.

I rang them instead, and was told that it was about £44.99 or something for the XBOX360 version.

Asda was selling it for £37.99 but they are sold out, probably only had 3 in or something, I will have to wait for tomorrow :)

just wondering if there was anyway to change sprint to
r1 on the ps3 version, think i can get used to the analogue but R2 is giving me jip.

Back
Top Bottom