FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Well, I can't play online at all. It says it needs 2 download squad updates and I click yes, then it takes about 3 mins and says it can't do it.

Absolute bollocks EA, just take your servers and fuck off. Let MS do it.
Oh crap, I'm getting the same thing now. :|

I can't download the fucking squad updates, so therefore cannot play online. WTF sort this shit out EA

I`m wondering, if I download the updates, will I not be able to create players with extra exp from the shop cause in 07 I had bought the extra exp points from the shop and these were lost after the update. And you could not get it back since you had already bought them..

Online is fine for me. I saved the squad updates and that's it.

Guys, I just lost to Bury away (1-0) and I was Man United :(

Could someone give me some tips on shooting? I have everything on Semi/Manual levels.

Ehi lads,

An important question. How is the cutback gol thing in fifa?? or have you found any consistent pattern to score yet???

I scored a scissor kick with Ronaldo (Milan) against my mate last night. Shame you can't save or upload (at least you couldn't then, I am guessing because it wasn't officially released) so I just had to admire the effort 20 times before continuing with the game.
We took it in turns to play Be A Pro and it's a good laugh. Can't wait for it to be properly implemented next year.

Lol what a incredible game just played Liverpool - Chelsea online (me)

game went like this
0-1 lampard 29min
0-2 drogba 75min
1-2 torres 79min
2-2 kuyt 81min
2-3 DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 91min o my god i screamed like a little child of :D

What a game..

I'm number 30th of the world ranking now;)
(PS3)

BTW EA please fix the roster update error ... every game i have to download it when i play online wtf?

Last edited:

Lol what a incredible game just played Liverpool - Chelsea online (me)

game went like this
0-1 lampard 29min
0-2 drogba 75min
1-2 torres 79min
2-2 kuyt 81min
2-3 DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 91min o my god i screamed like a little child of :D

What a game..

BTW EA please fix the roster update error ... every game i have to download it when i play online wtf?

How many people are playing online right now?

Just got it! And really liking it!

Started Manager Mode with Man Utd, and beat Chelsea 2-1 (aet)! Was a great game, esp. after I scored a corcker with Carrick for 35 yards out... how do you save the goal replay???

And what control settings are people using, I'm using New altered sumfin. I've left all the current settings as they are for assitance, should I change them?

I'm playing Semi-Pro, and finding it good, not too hard, but not easy, SO i'll stick to taht.

But I'm dissapointed that the Community Shield wasn't played at Wembley... instead it was the home teams ground. :(

Well got it at Asda last night at 12.

Played until 2am.

I am loving the game!

Micheal Johnson for Manchester city is fantastic.

Just one question how do you win points to spend at the shop?

Played Plan M online, Villareal vs Porto, i won 1-0, good passing game and not many chances but i took mine :)

Played Snoop after Athletio vs Parma, won 2-0 in this one. Very slow game this one, with a bit of space for all the players to pass and move

Lastly i had a game with Snoop and his mate, won 2-0 Celtic v Rangers but this game was fast but very tight and scrappy, cant say ill be playing an old firm game again :)

The difference in certain game with certain teams is massive, Celtic and Rangers was a terrible game. There was no space, players kicking the ball at each other and stray passing

all i have to say is Fifa is awesome

I have it played two games - both Arsenal vs spurs.

First game lost 1-0 in extra time - should have won but getting used to the manual shooting.
Second game I won 2-0 it was fantastic - Toure with a pile driver after a corner and then Eduardo caping off a fine passing movement around the box.

I'm getting used to the manual shooting - I'm playing on proffessional by the way.

Off to play more games :-)

Ps also the commentary - "Van persie his father is an artist and he is certainly an artistic player" along those lines anyway - just makes the game feel great when you here stuff like that.

Edit: also hw do you rotate the camera angle when viewing a replay - its greyed out on mine?!

Last edited:

Anyone had crashes on 360 version?

Yes, it crashed when i wanted to edit a player. I also had 3 error messages that my disc was dirty and I needed to clean it.
But when I looked at the disk.. it was clean, never seen a cleaner disc!

Is this a common 360 thing (I own the console for 3 days, so I'm a n00b ;')) or is it realy a bad disc?
I'm returning it anyway, because I'm ordering the English version soon.

Fantastic stuff, played Saints vs Charlton.

Had the room to pass the ball and won the game 2-0 deservedly

Then travelled to collchester, a smaller team with a small stadium set them selves up very well and were near on impossible to break down at the back. Ended in a scrappy 0-0 draw. :D

Played Plan M online, Villareal vs Porto, i won 1-0, good passing game and not many chances but i took mine :)

Played Snoop after Athletio vs Parma, won 2-0 in this one. Very slow game this one, with a bit of space for all the players to pass and move

Mate your goal was beautiful! Header from the free-kick, lovely!

I got my copy in the post yesterday :)

As a long term PES and Playstation player (i got it for 360), i have to say i'm reasonably impressed. Of course, i'm a) trying to get used to the 360 controller and b) trying to familiarise myself with FIFA controls.

What i like is the ability to pass the ball where you want (with the assist off). It's very tricky at first, but boy is it great when you pull it off. It only highlights the assisted passing in PES.

The commentary is absolutely brilliant. Very natural delivery and good balance between the two guys.

I scored a lovely goal last night, a finesse shot from Arnaud of Kansas City Wizards (Go Wizards). Edge of the box, left of centre - finesse shot, curled into the top right corner. So sweet looking and satisfying.

My only problem at this point is the slight feel of a delay, but in time i'll get used to it and incorporate it into my play i guess.

Where are you located? In the US? Where did you get the game from?

Ta :)

Just played Jay, Villareal v Arsenal won 2-1, first goalkeeper bug i have seen, his goalie was watching another game by the looks of it and stood well out of his goal so i tapped it in ;)
Jay has a contender for miss of the season already though :)

I love the passing on this game, Riquelme is awesome

Last edited:

I'm still REALLY concerned by the fact I STILL can't get download any squad updates and get online to play any matches...

Apparently if you leave your area player as Ronaldinho it won't keep asking you to download the updates when you play online

Does anyone else have to download the squad update everytime they want to play a match online?

Weird thing is, my mate has only downloaded it once and it doesn't ask him to do it again. Why does it do it for some and not for others??

EDIT:

just saw the above post. That might make sense. My area player is Beckham. My mates (who has only had to download it once) is Ronaldinho

Ta :)

Just played Jay, Villareal v Arsenal won 2-1, first goalkeeper bug i have seen, his goalie was watching another game by the looks of it and stood well out of his goal so i tapped it in ;)
Jay has a contender for miss of the season already though :)

I love the passing on this game, Riquelme is awesome

dude that sucks cause riquleme is not on villareal...

Does anyone else have to download the squad update everytime they want to play a match online?

Weird thing is, my mate has only downloaded it once and it doesn't ask him to do it again. Why does it do it for some and not for others??

EDIT:

just saw the above post. That might make sense. My area player is Beckham. My mates (who has only had to download it once) is Ronaldinho

its always done that for 2k games and EA games for me...

Dunno if its common knowledge, but having Ronaldinho as your arena player, does stop the need for online updates before every match!!??

Hope they fix that one, in the meantime, back to Ronaldinho...

EDIT: LOL... looks like it is common knowledge!!

I think you guys might have nailed what fifa 08 "is". it's a build-up play game. Those are probably the best way to describe it and the best way to describe real football :)

Back
Top Bottom