FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

The Nets.........wow the Nets this is a massive improvement, they look like they are from a different game, they move realistically, lots of movement and no more spasmodic flickering, the ball wizzess around the net and springs ouyt as it would at any pro ground.

What version do you have, PS3?

i ordered fifa08 UK version 2days ago from amazon, & its not coming till 2d of october agggggggg it gonna be a long weekend for me.
anyways it is nice to see that every one here is loving the game.

dude that sucks cause riquleme is not on villareal...

yes he is...hes is training witht he squad everyday, and is also under contract...he just dont get to play oficial games, because of a personal problem with the coach(pellegrini) and some players(including Senna)

i wish they didnt have riquelme there though(i can see many using him online)... i wont be using him anyway. i rather play in a realistic way, using the actual starting 11.

i ordered fifa08 UK version 2days ago from amazon, & its not coming till 2d of october agggggggg it gonna be a long weekend for me.

How do you think i feel?

I'm waiting til the 10th! i would say 9th but i KNOW that won't be the case as thats when it ships to the states stores...:(

I can't believe the only shop that sells games here still doesn't have the game. I'm so fucking pissed.

I'd murder to get the final game. Fuck.

Yesterday I played until 4 am... LOL :)

Mostly online games, they were for the most part pretty good, I really enjoyed playing someone from turkey, he went Galatasaray and I played with the mighty Benfica. :)

Only lost one game, and this one worried me. I was Arsenal and the other guy was Barça. He scored 3 identical goals, reminded me of PES... Run down the wing, low strong cross into the box where my defenders just stood still and only Etoo reacted, tapping the ball in.

I hope it was a fluke and never happens again. All the other games I had a really great time, it's really hard to create chances, buy when you do you really feel rewarded for your hard work, it's great.

How do you save goals/replays?

RTFM?? :-)

On PS3, you press TRIANGLE during replay, then you can use R3 to mark the start and end of the replay - then upload it...

I've only tried once without making any cuts and I stopped it uploading as it would have taken 10 minutes!

How do you think i feel?

I'm waiting til the 10th! i would say 9th but i KNOW that won't be the case as thats when it ships to the states stores...:(

10th woow dude that's way 2 long:roll: just feel like getting the french version here near my home, but again my french is so bad, & i preffer 2 wait a little more & get the game in english with english comentary

Put the pes control scheme. And nick for time i heard a complaint anbout the menu, isn't the other way around with pes menu' generall considered horrible??
It's true PES menu's are not good and most of the info they give is fluff, there is more depth to FIFA, it's just not easy to make sense of it or to use it given the way they have put the menu system together!!

yes he is...hes is training witht he squad everyday, and is also under contract...he just dont get to play oficial games, because of a personal problem with the coach(pellegrini) and some players(including Senna)

i wish they didnt have riquelme there though(i can see many using him online)... i wont be using him anyway. i rather play in a realistic way, using the actual starting 11.

DAMN really, fuck the coach and senna, ROMAN IS A GOD!

There hasn't been so much exctiment for a football game in years, I like the happyness of this thread, the pes 2008 thread feels like when it is christmas time and you are kid, you are given a present you don't like but everyone keeps saying how cool it is.

Give me a couple of weeks to get out of my poor financial state and i am gonna be on line with my athletic bilbao or genoa.

LOL bet I was the one playing Halo 3 :D

I was prettymuch on that all day wednesday and thursday, had 4 mates round wednesday, loads yesterday as it was footy, match at quater past 9 at night haha, was hectic and amazing.

I cant get Fifa 08 till tomorrow :( Might try and grab a tenner somewhere, as I got £30 haha :D Now I just need another 10 and im sorted, might trade in a game or something, dunno how much I would get for i though :S or I could just wait hmmmm.
Hey Seraphs21,

If you haven't bought the game yet, you could try blockbusters.

I think they might be selling FIFA08 for £30 + a free ball.

Not completely sure if it applies to the PS3 version because they advertised it on a newspaper and they were showing a PS2 version of the cover.

Anyways just got there and see.

Peace.

RTFM?? :-)

On PS3, you press TRIANGLE during replay, then you can use R3 to mark the start and end of the replay - then upload it...

I've only tried once without making any cuts and I stopped it uploading as it would have taken 10 minutes!

Sorry... I never read the manual. So you can only upload it? Not save it to the Hard Drive?

i still havn't worked out how to use my own formation online, or edit/tweak the default/preset ones

all i want to do is move my player positions about, but doesn't look like you can

using the xbox 360 version btw.

also what config you guys using

manual, assist, semi?
shooting =
passing =
crossing =
through ball =

cheers

go to a shop, buy it, open it, play it. Once the Amazon copy arrives, take that back (obviously it'll still be shrink-wrapped, i.e. new) to the shop you bought the other copy from.

Played Plan M online, Villareal vs Porto, i won 1-0, good passing game and not many chances but i took mine :)

Played Snoop after Athletio vs Parma, won 2-0 in this one. Very slow game this one, with a bit of space for all the players to pass and move

Lastly i had a game with Snoop and his mate, won 2-0 Celtic v Rangers but this game was fast but very tight and scrappy, cant say ill be playing an old firm game again :)

The difference in certain game with certain teams is massive, Celtic and Rangers was a terrible game. There was no space, players kicking the ball at each other and stray passing

all i have to say is Fifa is awesome

Coopz

Your ability to beat all comers is worrying for all us plebs when the league starts.

I'll play you mate when I have had a bit more practice.

Cheers

I have played this all morning and I do love it! Its awesome and has depth that previous FIFAs have lacked. I too have found the same problem as Jack Bauer... my players become knackered after a few games so have to rotate the squad.

My main grievances with the game are as follows.

It takes players too damn long to control the ball at times and that gets annoying.... And the fact that Carlos Tevez is shit on the game... No strength or pace and gets taken off the ball sooo easily. What I did find though was putting Louis Saha on in his place changed a game I was drawing 0-0 with Wigan.... Saha scored 2 nice goals and I ended up winning 2-0.

How do you score freekicks on this? its almost as hard as PES's free kick system!

DAMN really, fuck the coach and senna, ROMAN IS A GOD!

im a huge villarreal supporter m8..and i disagree...almost every villarreal fan wants him out of there too(except the argentinians) he started playing the 'DIVA' style last season, and didnt want to play for us anymore, maybe thinking hes bigger than the club... he is at villarreal atm only because no other team really wants him(there were none oficial propouses), except boca, who has no money to buy out him.
right now we are doing great without him. dont miss him at all and i m sure soon enough mati fernandez will be able to do the same things roman did for us inside the picth but without the outside troubles.
i rather have a 100% hearted player like senna in my team than an uninterested roman roaming around with no will.

back on topic now.. :lol:

:) EA have seriously gotta sort out them likenesses and appearances though. They spoil what is otherwise GREAT presentation. I love the commentary too, its excellent besides the few Recycled comments from last year.

:) EA have seriously gotta sort out them likenesses and appearances though. They spoil what is otherwise GREAT presentation. I love the commentary too, its excellent besides the few Recycled comments from last year.

Absolutely. Even the little pictures on team selection do not look accurate.

Back
Top Bottom