FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I haven't felt like this about a football game since PES3. It really is THAT good. Check this (for you lower-league lovers):

I am Man United v Swansea City. They just scored a STUNNER and THEIR fans just sung "Ohhhhh Andy, Andy! Andy, Andy, Andy, Robiiiinson!"

I NEVER thought EA would supply the official crowd chants for League One teams!? This just keeps getting better.

If you love football, and have a PS3 or Xbox 360, GET this game. There are no excuses.

New review this time from Gamekult, probably the best French reviewers !

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000083891_test.html

7/10

And from this website this is a very good mark.
the testers in general are very skilled and play hours and hours before reviewing a game.

Here's their overall review.

In Net progress, FIFA Next Gen could rejoin with him new supporters while benefitting from a possible stagnation of PES. Not yet completely irreproachable for all that is led of ball, contacts or physics of the ball, all these small things which make the true difference, the simulation of EA Sports compensates by a preparing with the height of waitings. It is with a true TV retransmission as one takes share, as well on the level of the rate/rhythm of play as of returned graphic general, only put at evil by some ungrateful modelings of face. Very pleasant lever in hand, always also complete, raised moreover few well finicked modes of play, FIFA 08 tiny room to a very small bridge the variation which seemed there is not very gigantic. Crowned juggling act.

++
* Amazin graphics
* Alive commentaries
* Very realistic rhythm of play
* "Be a Pro" very interesting

--
* random players modelisation
* perfectible ball physics
* Also the contacts

Last edited:

Anyone else having problems accessing their EA account on FIFA? I reset my password, but it just keeps asking me to enter it again, even though I've reset it?

This game is great. Had a bash on it all last night.

I love the shooting on this game. i play on manual and it feels so free, you can attempt any kind of shot possible, you can drag it wide, slip it under the keeper, blast it, cushion it into the net, anything.

Love Old Trafford, looks amazing and feels atmospheric, i just wish some of the other grounds had the fans as close especially Anfield.

Been playing on semi pro, ok that might seem easy but its still tough to score and the opposition are still up for a challenge. Be a pro is surprrisingly good too. Went Torres against Fulham at Anfield and we lost 1-0 but i made three chances, two save by the keeper and one over the bar. Its a really tough game to play but very, very enjoyable. All thats missing is weather really.

Cant wait to finish work and play some more.

My mate's copy on the PS3 crashed twice last night

Once whilst creating a player (after modifying 90% of the damn attributes & looks). The second time was before a 'Be A Pro' match. It loaded the arena, I was having a few rushed shots on goal (as you do, whilst it loads) except for the loading text never disappeared. After 5 minutes of pissing about, it still wouldn't let us press start to access the match and the only way to quit was to restart the PS3 or use the PS button to quit the game.

Why did EA change Marseille third kit :( ? It was perfect in the demo and now the team is using dark pants & socks. But we only used once this combination because of colour problem. It'so ugly in game now that I won't use it and lost 5,000 points...

I don't think you can mate.

12 people on my friends list online, 10 playing FIFA 08, 1 playing PES6, 1 playing Halo 3. :D

LOL bet I was the one playing Halo 3 :D

I was prettymuch on that all day wednesday and thursday, had 4 mates round wednesday, loads yesterday as it was footy, match at quater past 9 at night haha, was hectic and amazing.

I cant get Fifa 08 till tomorrow :( Might try and grab a tenner somewhere, as I got £30 haha :D Now I just need another 10 and im sorted, might trade in a game or something, dunno how much I would get for i though :S or I could just wait hmmmm.

@ Jack regarding the fitness (i havent read the next 4 pages so it may have alreayd been anwsered)

I had the same trouble with the blind school, aka accrington stanley. I was stupid enough to trim my squad from the go to save money. But then after two games my whole team was dead and i didnt have enough cover. What i did was invest in the fitness/conditioning staff. Ive got it up to stage 5 now, after about 10 games, and now everyone is pretty much near to full after a whole game. I hardly have to rest anybody for a game. I do sub my good strikers for rubbish ones when im up with 30min to go though. Also it looks like if you win a couple of games they stay a lot fitter then when you lose.

So invest in the fitness staf and keep winning!

Wow, how good is shooting now? EA have FINALLY sorted it! I just hit a BLINDER with C.Ronaldo. I cut into the box with a little shimmy and smacked the ball, which Shay Given parried over the bar.

I STILL haven't scored a goal though. My build-up play is breathtaking at times though.

THANKYOU EA - you have made me a very, very happy man! :)

I put the game onto World Class and played as Notts Forest (they have a 1.5 star rating:roll:) against Derby County.

Ok so I kicked off and immediately noticed how it was far more responsive, players were doing as they were asked (manual setting)in good time, it felt superb and the ball physics look real the way it spins alkong the floor and in the air.

The difference between the two sides was also realistically apparent with Derby having a better first touch and far more movement.I played well for 20 minutes without creating too much until I was hit on the break and bang 1-0 to the rams. 4 minutes later it was two, with some lovely passing around the box and a tidy 15 yard bottom corner strike to make it 2-0.

Derby scored again right on half time and thats how it ended 3-0 defeat, but I was overjoyed at how brilliantly this played, the realism was amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Who Says Fifa isnt realistic :)

BTW i have added a few people on here so accept my invite, my name has Coopz in it haha

Hmmm not good, first game I play and Yakubu hits a shot from outside the area which isn't particularly powerful. Reina decides he'd trot along, then decide to run backwards, then fling himself in the air after the ball went past him. Not a good sign :(

Cant wait to get home from work and start playing again. Started a season with Man United as well, lost two drawn two, im 18th :mrgreen:

Like a challenge!

I have not tried this yet, but do you earn points by winning the different cups in tournament mode?

Edit: evacuate, I have had some crashes jes. Mostly because of the created players and some disc read errors. Gonna get PS3 soon cause I am sick of the problems with the 360! Might try the elite verson as its supose to be better..

Last edited:

I think we're in the same boat, Nick Cave. I have the same general sentiments (lapsing into PES mode etc - the shoot and cross buttons are reversed). I managed a header in the box though, so it's possible ;) The keepers are quite good mind.
One thing. Tele view is a tad too small for my liking, i wish i could zoom in a bit, but not to dynamic. Perhaps i should just sit closer...

Put the pes control scheme. And nick for time i heard a complaint anbout the menu, isn't the other way around with pes menu' generall considered horrible??

Seems to me everyone is having problems scoring. Is it just a case of getting used to? For example if you go Man U v Blackpool you'd expect to score at least 3, but people seem to be scraping 1-0 wins or getting 0-0

I've also conceded two goals where the ball has looped over the keeper where in real life the keeper would've easily been able to catch the ball, nevermind loop over him. All this in my first game, i really hope the keepers are better with high balls/shots

Anyone else noticing the sensitivity of the shooting in the Arena has changed loads since the demo? I only have to SLIGHTLY move it left or right and the ball flies off to the side.

Ok chaps

received my copy last night at 12:15, whent home and played two games before bed time.

I put the game onto World Class and played as Notts Forest (they have a 1.5 star rating:roll:) against Derby County.

The first thing I noticed was how much the graphics and general smoothness of the game had improved from the demo.The colours seemed more vibrant and the animation was far less "jerky" than I was used to.

I played at night and the lighting was spot on it gave a superb sort of damp atmosphere and the stadium was about 2/3rds full to reflect a friendly match.

The players seemed a bit slimmer and looked better than the demo (ebven in close ups).

Ok so I kicked off and immediately noticed how it was far more responsive, players were doing as they were asked (manual setting)in good time, it felt superb and the ball physics look real the way it spins alkong the floor and in the air.

The difference between the two sides was also realistically apparent with Derby having a better first touch and far more movement.I played well for 20 minutes without creating too much until I was hit on the break and bang 1-0 to the rams. 4 minutes later it was two, with some lovely passing around the box and a tidy 15 yard bottom corner strike to make it 2-0.

Derby scored again right on half time and thats how it ended 3-0 defeat, but I was overjoyed at how brilliantly this played, the realism was amazing and the atmosphere was fantastic.

The Nets.........wow the Nets this is a massive improvement, they look like they are from a different game, they move realistically, lots of movement and no more spasmodic flickering, the ball wizzess around the net and springs ouyt as it would at any pro ground.

I then played as Arsenal away at Acrington Stanley and the difference between the Forest players and the Arsenal players was night and day.I had more control, more movement and more confidence in putting 20 passes together.

Scored an absolute beauty from 25 yards (van Persie) and won 1-0, Acrington had a couple of chances but just could not score, its sooo realistic this game.

So I cant wait for the weekend to start manager mode, but its everything I wished for and more.

9/10 for me fella's and I have only scratched the surface:applause:

nice review Drforce :)

Seems to me everyone is having problems scoring. Is it just a case of getting used to? For example if you go Man U v Blackpool you'd expect to score at least 3, but people seem to be scraping 1-0 wins or getting 0-0

Mate of course it's a case of getting used to it. If I could score with ease (PES 2008 demo for example) I would hate it. I reckon after a good week on this I will be slotting them away! :)

I can't download the fucking squad updates, so therefore cannot play online. WTF sort this shit out EA

I don't know why you have to download the squad updates every single time you want to play online either - it asks you if you want to save them for God's sake, what's the point in pressing "yes"?

Well, I can't play online at all. It says it needs 2 download squad updates and I click yes, then it takes about 3 mins and says it can't do it.

Absolute bollocks EA, just take your servers and fuck off. Let MS do it.

Back
Top Bottom