FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Gotta love this.

Got up to ASDA, headed for the games section and it was dead, no staff or anything, shelves empty.

Asked some worker, told me FIFA was at the Kiosk.

So I go down to the Kiosk where they sell the fags etc. and a very un-British man named George (yeah, right) was serving and had no idea what he was doing. There were 6 people in front of me, all waiting. Some guy came to help Goerge and said the PS3 version was sold out, they ALL left. I murmer.. '360?'.

George nodded.

Handed over the cash and away I went.

This game is orgasmic. I won 2-1 away. Atmosphere was fantastic. The thing that was missing was the Chelsea fans throwing celery at Cesc. Gameplay is the greatest I've ever played too. My jaw was dropping sometimes. Cesc scored a peach from distance, Cech could only stand a look at the ball. Gallas got the the next goal, swinging corner and a perfectly time header! Lampard got the goal for Chelsea. Get this, you'll be surprised. It was a goal from distance. AND it deflect off of 3 of my player into the net. So Lampard. Thank you EA. :applause:

The only thinig thats starting to piss me off a little is the changes in ratings.
Could someone for example explain to me why Robin Van Persie has a rating of 84 when he's on the bench and a rating of 82 when he's on the pitch as a striker? And why do other players like Walcott, Reyes, Maxi etc. get a lower rating when they are placed as wingers? Thats what they are...wingers! It's really annoying at times. You never really know what rating players actually have.

just pretend they dont have this overal rating, and look at their specific ratings like we all did in WE/PES.
like i said the overal rating poisons our minds.... thats for non hard core fans that dont really know much about real football.

Typical. Playing Celtic first, 70 minutes in. I've dominated. I get crunched, captain is down injured and they run up and score.

if any 1 is having trouble with the squad updates online

you have to have ronaldinho set in the arena or there will be issues...

can somebody explain me what "fifa lounge" is? I dont get the point of that

btw the german copy doesnt have any alc sponsors on the kits too (rangers i.E.)

Shame on him...

FIFA 08's biggest problem is that it makes it just too difficult to actually play football. Crucially, it lets itself down with the small things - like making a simple five-yard pass to a team-mate. We reckon it's because the 360 is too busy calculating all those trajectories, momentum and points of impact that EA always bang on about to actually play things simple and concentrate on the important stuff.

Another crap player gives FIFA 7.2...

What to say? :shock:

lol when its a arcade they complain when its sim they complain sigh

Last edited:

Shame on him...

Another crap player gives FIFA 7.2...

What to say? :shock:

These bad points almost seem preset, as if the review was already written before the reviewer received the game. There are some faults in the game you could focus on, but we all know passing is greatly improved.

Just played JayM online, I was Benfica and he was Celtic. He was all over me, dominated most of the match. I won 1-0. :) Gotta love it.

I did create a few chances but I think I need to work on my finishing. :mrgreen: Thanks for the good game anyway. :) I hope I get a re-match. ;)

Online I've had two shots cleared off the line, two fingertip saves and a chip that bounced off the crossbar. I am destined never to score on this game.

(When I do I can see things getting smashed and OAPs being violated)

LOL.
I'm tempted to go to the darkside till PES comes out.

im so jealous! :(

damn EA!! the 9th oct. never seemde so far away.

nothing is keeping me occupied.

i play bioshock i'm like "meh" i look at videos for NBA Live 08 and NBA 2k8 and possibly think of getting that on tuesday but again "meh" i come on here and I'm amped over a silly "Hey i just won 1-0 with "a lower league team'" This game has me yearnin

LOL.
I'm tempted to go to the darkside till PES comes out.

lol
I was a hardcore PES/WE fan too.
I couldn't play FIFA for a week. I used to play like 2 or 3 days and get tired of it.

Now I only have the demo and I'm just about to complete a week playing :P

Konami lost the throne...

Love the sig, jonestm. It's sad that we've now entered an age where you have to add the words "in my opinion" at the end of every sentence, despite the fact that it should be obvious as it's you that's saying it, and you're not saying "according to some other guy".

"Fanta is better than Tango. In my opinion. ARGH NO, TANGO FANBOYS! GET THEM OFF ME!!"
"TANGO IS THE BEST SIMULATION OF THE TASTE OF ORANGES, YOU STUPID TWAT!!"

Last edited:

nothing is keeping me occupied.

i play bioshock i'm like "meh" i look at videos for NBA Live 08 and NBA 2k8 and possibly think of getting that on tuesday but again "meh" i come on here and I'm amped over a silly "Hey i just won 1-0 with "a lower league team'" This game has me yearnin

Why not just order online from UK? I should have mine by Monday - you could have it by next week.

Dont know if this has been posted couldnt be assed checking.

Got my copy of Electronic Gaming Monthly and they gave Fifa 08 9/10, 9/10 and 8.5 out of 10.
It got the joint game of the month award with metroid Prime.

Dont know if this has been posted couldnt be assed checking.

Got my copy of Electronic Gaming Monthly and they gave Fifa 08 9/10, 9/10 and 8.5 out of 10.
It got the joint game of the month award with metroid Prime.

Which is exectly what it deserves, it looks like a reviewer may finally have learnt to play the game before reviewing.

Back
Top Bottom