FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

that game is fun....online i'm 5-1. the avatar and stats are not available yet in germandy....that's a pity...but i love this game.

How do you obtain points to spend in the FIFA shop? To unlock kits and balls and all that

Where did you order from again? Did you get a tracking number? Where is it now? Are you sure you are going to get it by Monday?

Game (game.co.uk) - I pre-ordered specifically from there because they ship the day before release so you will have it on release day (if you live in the UK obviously). They provide processing/tracking info immediately right on the site by just logging into your account however it just updates at departure and arrival points. I actually may not get it Monday on second thought but based on past experience with Royal Mail it's usually 4 working days so likely Tuesday.
At this point now that it's released there are plenty of reliable sites to order from - have always gotten PES in the past from Gameplay (gameplay.co.uk) with no trouble - however if you've waited til now you're probably not going to get it til next Thursday or Friday at the earliest I would guess.
Another reason I ordered from Game is the sale price plus you can save £5 (use Promo Code GETUPANDPLAY), however if money is little or no object and you really, really want the game ASAP I'm sure you can get it more quickly off of Ebay.

1)What are you people using mostly? Every assitant help off and all doing manual?

2)If you set everything to manual, does this settings also are there when online playing? Or is it online for everyone the same?

Game (game.co.uk) - I pre-ordered specifically from there because they ship the day before release so you will have it on release day (if you live in the UK obviously). They provide processing/tracking info immediately right on the site by just logging into your account however it just updates at departure and arrival points. I actually may not get it Monday on second thought but based on past experience with Royal Mail it's usually 4 working days so likely Tuesday.
At this point now that it's released there are plenty of reliable sites to order from - have always gotten PES in the past from Gameplay (gameplay.co.uk) with no trouble - however if you've waited til now you're probably not going to get it til next Thursday or Friday at the earliest I would guess.
Another reason I ordered from Game is the sale price plus you can save £5 (use Promo Code GETUPANDPLAY), however if money is little or no object and you really, really want the game ASAP I'm sure you can get it more quickly off of Ebay.

Well I had problems ordering from Game. So I ordered from Virgin Megastores UK. They mailed it out yesterday. My problem is, I have no idea how long it takes to get it. I've tried emailing them and I have gotten no response yet. I guess I just want an idea on how long it takes. I might have to try calling them, but I don't really want to pay the rates to call.

I have just noticed another neat touch.

The crowd boo EX Players.

I was Burnley v Accrington and the croud booed Graham Branch throughout the match.

Dunno if it happens to all ex players.

hello please?

1)What are you people using mostly? Every assitant help off and all doing manual?

2)If you set everything to manual, does this settings also are there when online playing? Or is it online for everyone the same?

hello please?

I just use Manual Shooting and yes it stays the same online. :)

Just beat JayD on penalties lol! Was a tight game.

I'm in the mini league! Anyone want a game now?

Don't believe the reviews you have been reading about the reaction times being better in the real game than the demo - any improvement is miniscule. the demo is a good indication of how the full game plays.

i've been a pes buyer since iss 64 (bought every one), and i've only ever bought one fifa - road to world cup 1998, which was pants.

however i had football withdrawal symptoms, and needed a footy game for my ps3 so i bought fifa today, partly because these reviewers were saying that the response times are so much better in the full game.

observations after a few hrs play:

-outstanding commentary
-brilliant graphics
-excellent presentation
-love the tricks you can do with the right stick
-be a pro mode is great fun and a really good idea
-playing online is miles better than playing vs computer - the game opens up much more.

but:

-i feel like I'm wrestling with the control pad to get players to do what i want them to do. everything feels like it lags a fraction of a second behind what you are telling your players to do. it's hard work, and extremely frustrating.

it's such a shame, if they made it smoother and slightly quicker they would have the perfect football game that would blow pro evo out of the water. i HATE pro evo's lack of decent presentation and real player names/real kits/comps etc, and that will be pes 2008's problem.

overall i think i will probably not abandon pes just yet, but fifa will satisfy my football cravings until then,

i wanted to write this to warn people who are thinking of jumping ship from pes to fifa of the disappointment they may face having been persuaded to buy it by people who claim the demo is 1/4 of the real game - it's not!

hope this helps!

Well, I've played a few games now, and I absolutely adore it.

Though there is one thing, is it just me, or is Semi-Pro significantly easier than on the demo? I battered Liverpool 5-1 and they never got near me, other than Torres (who is incredible on this game), or is it just that Liverpool aren't as good as NY Red Bulls? =P. Pulling off moves with the trick stick is much easier as well, much more effective.

Whatever they've changed since the demo has changed for the better. PES2008 has a lot to live up to.

Coopz

Your ability to beat all comers is worrying for all us plebs when the league starts.

I'll play you mate when I have had a bit more practice.

Cheers

Cheers ears beat ya later, and i wanna give snoop and coopz a football lesson tonight.

Ill be online shortly for a few hours for you all to try and inflict my first defeat :)

How do you obtain points to spend in the FIFA shop? To unlock kits and balls and all that

Look for the achievement list inside the game. You'll see a book with 100 "missions" to get points.
example : score a hattrick in fiesta mode = xxx points.

I have just noticed another neat touch.

The crowd boo EX Players.

I was Burnley v Accrington and the croud booed Graham Branch throughout the match.

Dunno if it happens to all ex players.

I thought I was imagining this! Sure when I played Southend v Oldham, Michael Ricketts (ex Fat SUFC player) was booed - and rightly so!

Anybody wanting to play around 6pm ill be online from then. drop me a line on the t'old xbox live

Look for the achievement list inside the game. You'll see a book with 100 "missions" to get points.
example : score a hattrick in fiesta mode = xxx points.

do u have anyidea of how many points you can get total?
i ask this becasue i wonder if the total points we can earn are enough to buy every boot/ball/third kit...

<excited>WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! A game has never captured Man United well enough for me before until now. Carrick just received the ball and the commentator says "Carrick now. He has moved up the levels at United, now an established player in the team." Little things like that just make it all feel real. I still can't score though. Absoultely LOVING THIS though.</excited>

So people can have everything assisted on live? You should be able to set the rules, so if I create a league I can force everyone to play manual so people don't get an advantage by letting the game do all the work for them.

If you have some of us on your friends list do this:

Xbox Live > Xbox Live Custom Match > Create Unranked Session > And on the option screen that follows put Private Session on YES. Then Create Session and choose one of your friends to envite to play.

Back
Top Bottom