FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Okay I get the Interactive Leagues now. I didn't before cause I wanted to do it with Spurs, but they haven't got a fixture this weekend (?) so you can't choose to 'Play'.

I figured this out by trying with another team ;) Although I didn't actually play.

Once you choose a team for the Interactive League, can you change it?

As I said - and let me repeat loud and clear - if you just want a nice action game then absolutely without a doubt PES is the better choice. If you are looking for a football simulation then FIFA is definitely the superior game.
And as far as your assumption that gamers are normally not looking for simulation, well I think you're preaching in the wrong forum because based on what I've read here for the past few years, I believe it's fairly safe to say that the majority of the gamers here are looking for exactly that (simulation!) in a footy game.

Terribly ironic really, because PES fans have always, in the past, lauded Pro Evo for the fact its like 'real football'. Its funny because now you can see which ones were fanboys, the non fanboys are almost all changing across, or at least now buying FIFA as well.

I always assumed that this day would come, (fifa>pes), and it came now...

Okay I get the Interactive Leagues now. I didn't before cause I wanted to do it with Spurs, but they haven't got a fixture this weekend (?) so you can't choose to 'Play'.

I figured this out by trying with another team ;) Although I didn't actually play.

Once you choose a team for the Interactive League, can you change it?

I don't know if you can, last year on the PS2 you could change a single time a season.

(EDIT: I've checked, its either once or twice, not sure... hard to tell from the wording1)

Garhhhh everythings not going to plan, my money hasnt gone in yet, so still cant buy the game currently, im hoping it goes in later today, as in not now like 20 past 12, but around 10am so I can actually go get it :(

just watched a couple of the new pes vids and I had to laugh. this isnt even a fair competition this year....konami has ruined it

I have repeatedly written that the 360 version of Fifa 08 looks better than the ps3 version. I have both and the ps3 version is not as sharp and has a lot of jaggies.

I bought a component cable today and replaced HDMI cable with the component cable. All of a sudden fifa on 360 and ps3 look about the same. I tested some other games and it turns out that my ps3 just looks better with component. It's not my TV because i tested it on my friends pioneer plasma and he had the same jaggies.

Could it be that buying a more expensive HDMI cable would actually have a visible effect. I know it's a bit oftopic but i was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with HDMI/component.

I scored a beautiful overhead kick today, the ps3 wouldn't let me upload so i recorded it on my camera. I'm gonna upload it to youtube this weekend.

Oh Christ, just lost again, 1-0 to Mauzipuh (is that you DaWu?), even though I'd paid off the referee (some disgraceful decisions, I shot miles wide with nobody near me and he gave a corner!!).

Even had an open goal, keeper was lying on the floor as a rebound flew into the air, my tame header went straight to him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH.

WTH??

I was playing online earlier fine but i've just tried to connect to the EA servers and they're telling me "this username is registered to another user please create a new EA account "

But the other user IS ME!!

Anyone had this problem?

that was me :)

If you had seen me seconds before the goal^^

Don't know the english words for it but after he Frei takes the ball with his chest and turned to shoot, the ball bounced? of the leg of your defender and right into the post and then goal. That was fantastic^^

Deflection it's called. Couldn't believe it, but then right after kick-off I nearly did the same to you, terrible shot but it rebounded off you and went out for a corner!

I'm having a lot of fun but I just don't have any luck...

Ah "deflection". Is there ingamevoicechat support? Would be nice to have a chat on irc or something. It's a little difficult to find out who wants to play and who does not.

I'm so jealous of all of you. I've been playing 90 minute PES2008 demo games (which is surprisngly fun actually) on my PC. Can't wait till I can get a 360 and enjoy it with you all. :8):

this game is amazing. the best game of footy ever, period. turn on manual shooting its a dream. just scored a goal with torres vs cork city at old trafford, just like torres first against reading this week - and the best thing about it? I MEANT IT!!!

absoloutely gorgeous. blows pes out of the water - clear out of the water.

Ah "deflection". Is there ingamevoicechat support? Would be nice to have a chat on irc or something. It's a little difficult to find out who wants to play and who does not.
It does support mics - I had to switch mine off, the girlfriend was asleep next to me.

Afterwards though we played Scrabble and all my words were things like "fuck", "cunt", "bastard"... Stupid FIFA, WHY CAN'T I SCORE?? :cry:

AMAZING THE GAME LOOK SO MUCH AMAZING,look how that bycicle/volley looked so organic its just like I was watchin so real football,cant believe NC have come to this...simply WOW. you actualy made my day Gorbard ahah.

have to wait till oct 9 tough :(

Originally Posted by Bobo21
The problem with most folks here who 'crossover' to FIFA is that we have all been so used to playing WE/PES for years that the control/response/reaction of that game has become almost instinctively ingrained in us both mentally and physically. We are all so used to the familiar, comfortable movements of our fingers and split second decisions in our heads that go along with playing PES that of course any differing control scheme/player reaction time transition is going to be frustrating and quite possibly almost painful.
EA's approach to the game for '08 obviously is quite different than Konami in that they have tried to recreate the actual pace and rhythm of real life football and adjusting from the frenetic, barely catch your breath action of PES is going to be a shock (and quite a negative one at that) for many players. In real life it can take players a second or two to react and move (unlike Konami robots) and EA has made that part of the game.
In my view it's like this - if you want to kickback with your feet up and enjoy the easy, familiar controls and non-stop end to end action in a footy game that you've been used to for years with PES then stick with that - however if you're looking for a footy SIMULATION where the pace is much slower and can get bogged down at times (as in real life) and as you say takes hard work and battling thru frustration (as in real life) just to stay on the ball and try to carve out scoring chances then FIFA is for you.
Footy is not an easy game and neither is FIFA 08, simple as that.

I think that could be the best post in this thread

Been playing the game for hours, on/offline, be a pro mode, listening to "Young Folks" (the one with whistling at the beggining).

So my brother sent me a text message, asking if I wanted to have dinner tomorrow and watch Benfica x Sporting and sudenly I realized I was starving! :D This bloody brilliant game is making me forget to feed myself.

That hasn't happened to me in a long time. :)

Played a ton of games tonight with friend this game rocks well done EA. :applause:

The intricate passing play you can do is immense you can proper destroy who your against with it. Also heading when player goes to head to clear its proper measured now it really awesome animations. Tricks are superb if you can pull them off i never played the demo so not even had chance to get used to it. I had it on manual everything and was surprised how quick i got used to it considering people having problems here.

Scored a ton of goals crackers with Nuno Gomes one long range effort Robinson was stranded couldnt get it anymore to top right corner if i tried. Nearly scored from halfway line in another match also with Malouda lovely curling shot saved onto the crossbar though. Also not all but alot of players look so good and like real life with touch Joe Cole one Beckham, Ronaldinho, Rooney, even got Robinson kick out which looks superb also Berbatov still alot that is dodgy though.

But i have seen negatives silly keeper mistakes that i dreaded and in the first match like silly saves and easy tap ins. In one game Cech was saving one to right put hand down and ball mysteriously went straight up vertical definitely some bugs this was one Legendary for keepers. :/

You can play so many ways proper lock out you opponent in Uefa used to get silly scores which were really unrealistic. I look forward to playing some more against the AI etc and exploring all the other modes cant wait but so far so good. :applause:

Oh and how good is Torres he like a machine. :shock:

Last edited:

Oh Christ, just lost again, 1-0 to Mauzipuh (is that you DaWu?), even though I'd paid off the referee (some disgraceful decisions, I shot miles wide with nobody near me and he gave a corner!!).

Even had an open goal, keeper was lying on the floor as a rebound flew into the air, my tame header went straight to him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH.

LOL how come you think I am Mauzipuh? :) I am DaWu. I will go online tomorrow. Maybe we will see us. Still trying not to lose against cpu on professional. damn hard

Been playing the game for hours, on/offline, be a pro mode, listening to "Young Folks" (the one with whistling at the beggining).

So my brother sent me a text message, asking if I wanted to have dinner tomorrow and watch Benfica x Sporting and sudenly I realized I was starving! :D This bloody brilliant game is making me forget to feed myself.

To be frank with you, if I get the game tomorrow I highly doubt I will watch the match. :mryellow:

Football Manager was the last game to do that to me, now this one is as well. I love it to bits, although there are some cracks starting to show. Goalkeepers are quite strange, they seem superhuman 80% of the time but then you hit the same shot as you have ten times previously and it goes in. Sometimes you don't feel in control either, because of the lag your player will wander on for a bit when he shouldn't. But that's just me being critical, I'm critical with everything. I think it's an amazing game, I can't tear myself away from it.

Oh my god.. I just figured out how to put spin on the ball. I am amazed at the ball physics in this game. Was trying it out in the Arena.

Basically after shooting, say, for the top right corner - you then roll the left analogue down to make the ball spin towards goal. I'm sure theres many different ways to spin the ball and the depth of these physics is amazing. I'm in shock

Back
Top Bottom