FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Can someone reccomend some settings for the passing, through balls, shooting etc. please :) For it to be similar to PES maybe?

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but anyone notice that all the Championship clubs have their coloured balls!!!!

Dont think they are 100% accurate as I cannot see the badges on the balls, but they are definately coloured. I am Sheff Weds at the mo and the ball is light/dark blue - I played Leicester away and their ball is blue/yellow.

So cool... love this game!

If only you could upload replays - whats the score with this? Tried about 5 times to do it this morning, but keeps saying failed... :(

yer i was gonna type that last night pboreham , as i was playing as Palace

but i could get myself to turn the game off lol

any one know how to link your ps3 account details to the ea online bit so you can see your online profile?

i cant do it

I'll do that now, they are all things I agree with.

I have just read your brilliant review and you have reminded me of anther thing to tell EA

7. Put in a rematch and rematch with different teams option in there so we dont have to fart about making a new session and inviting people all over again

I since found the PES-like controller set up. It's called 'New'

I've taken the assists off, but i'm still having trouble with through ball. They're either too weak or too strong.

Another thing. Management mode is the Master League equivalent, right? with all competitions involved, cups, Europe, promotion etc. Tournament mode, when you play a league doesn't have the other competitions involved. Is this correct?

Last edited:

For me the best is :
Manual player switch

New Alternative config

Semi on Passing
Manual on everything else.

IMO the best way to learn the manual controlling. You may find it hard to even find the target with shooting at first , but after 20-30 matches you will enjoy every goal ;)

btw , a big "bug" I find atm is the GK's rushing out to get a lost ball. They go slowly and the opposite striker can sprint and take the ball easily. They must definitely fix this and make GKs run faster , like in PES. GK's are players as well , they must be able to run for 2-3 meters in order to catch the ball , why must they always walk slowly?

Last edited:

It's really quite aggressive in the WE Next-Gen thread but very happy and nice in here! I don't think I will post an opinion in there again, they went mad! Played FIFA 08 till 1am (no footy game has kept me up that late since PES3. Love it. I just LOVE it.

In my career game this morning (as Sheff Weds), thought I'd tinker with the tactical options.

Oh my its deep! I love it. Was playing WBA away, so went 451 - but in the first half I was swampt, couldnt keep the ball as my lone striker had no support, so I always lost it.

In the 2nd half, I pushed a wide man further forward a bit, changed one of my CM to AM and used the arrows (like PES) to run him forward. I never really noticed any difference in PES, but in the 2nd half, i got the ball wide and noticed the midfielder i had changed to AM was running on past me. I rolled him in down the line, he then played a 1-2 with the front man, went through and scored!

It was a lovely goal (and I hung on 1-0), but I loved the fact more that the change I made at half time - a) actually did something in the engine and b) paid off and I got the result.

So if anyone is looking to know if FIFA has deep tactical play... yah, it does!

I love the commentary, it's very realistic. Whilst playing in the Coca Cola League 1, i overheard a PA announcement for someone who had lost a set of housekeys to come and collect them, lol. Superb.

HELP!
I played fifa ps3 this morning and all of the suden there is no audience no more.... empty stadiums (and i don't play that bad!)...
Sometimes some blockes / stripes appear, very strange. Thought maybe has something to do with my ps3, but other games work out well...
Someone?

UPDATE: it get's even sicker.. Just installed the demo to compare: also an empty stadium! How on earth can this be?

I had this too. Just turn off your console and wairt for 10min. then start it again and it should be ok. at least it was for me

As I said - and let me repeat loud and clear - if you just want a nice action game then absolutely without a doubt PES is the better choice. If you are looking for a football simulation then FIFA is definitely the superior game.
And as far as your assumption that gamers are normally not looking for simulation, well I think you're preaching in the wrong forum because based on what I've read here for the past few years, I believe it's fairly safe to say that the majority of the gamers here are looking for exactly that (simulation!) in a footy game.

PES 5 is the best simulation of football, not FIFA. PES has already been where FIFA is today (trying to make it a slow simulation).

After playing this for over 12 hours it has dawned on me that EA have targeted the mature football fan with this game. My 14 year old brother came over last night for an hour and he didn't like it AT ALL. He said it was boring.

guys we need to make a tips and tricks help page, or something that we can all add our tips and some kind soul sort them out and make a guide out of them

kind of like pesfan does for pes.. but we need one for fifa, well i certainly do :P

i am sure swapping tips will help all, but we need it all in one place and not spread out over 303 pages or whatever...

So gametrailers 8.8, i mean the dude was a typical american, he didn't get the beauty of the english commentators because he is used to hearing the yankee shouting all time and britney spears on the breaks.

But good score, truly deserved.

How are you finding Everton on the game mate?

I am struggling to score AJ is good as is Arteta, but Yakubu has been terrible for me.

I pl;ay this at the moment.

Howard

Neville Lescott Yobo Valente

Arteta Graveson Cahill Bains

AJ Yakubu​

Back
Top Bottom