FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Yep, my Fosters has gone. Stella next, the fruity loop stuff that makes you fight. Dodgy. Still, nobody around to fight with :)

I might drink Stella when we play the online league, get all aggressive down the mic :lol:

Shame you dont know where your test instructor lives, you could of slapped him! - or the bus driver!/]:)

Cruzeiro vs. Atletico Mineiro for me, as my first macth...

@antred
is the crowd close to goal @ st.james?

Not really, looka about right.

Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and St James look right. Anfield would be perfect if the crowd was closer, but it is a little nearer than last year. The crowds dont animate though.

Shame you dont know where your test instructor lives, you could of slapped him! - or the bus driver!/]:)

:lol:

To make matters worse, in my old job a girl I knew told me she knows an instructor at my test centre. She just txt'd me asking who it was, turns out it was him. Bitch said she was gonna put in a word for me but decided against it. I should go all kung fu on their ass, the girl, examinor and the bus driver :ram:

guys how do you move players positions, for example if i want to push a winger right on the touch line

you could do this in pes, how do you do it in fifa>?

Scored a peach with Luis Garcia, robbed the ball of a polish teams defender ran into the box left side, drew the keeper and using the RB slide the ball under his body into the far corner - VERY Luis Garcia. Very Realistic.

guys how do you move players positions, for example if i want to push a winger right on the touch line

you could do this in pes, how do you do it in fifa>?

In the team selection page, click triangle to "Edit" - done it myself before a game with Villa - moved the two wingers further out and set them to run inside (get an 8 way choice like PES).

:lol:

To make matters worse, in my old job a girl I knew told me she knows an instructor at my test centre. She just txt'd me asking who it was, turns out it was him. Bitch said she was gonna put in a word for me but decided against it. I should go all kung fu on their ass, the girl, examinor and the bus driver :ram:

Eh Eh Eh, calm down, calm down. Dont get doing a Michael Douglas in Falling Down and going on a killing spree. Your be on Crimewatch next - Pes wouldnt put you through that !!! lol:):shock:

Scored a peach with Luis Garcia, robbed the ball of a polish teams defender ran into the box left side, drew the keeper and using the RB slide the ball under his body into the far corner - VERY Luis Garcia. Very Realistic.

Luis Garcia is at Liverpool in the final game!?

I have to say, some of the players' faces in FIFA 08 remind me of the characters from:

20050722-walker-2.jpg

Been on it all day.....love it, well made up with it.

Only negative is that the heading tends to go over 95% of the time.

Been on it all day.....love it, well made up with it.

Only negative is that the heading tends to go over 95% of the time.

Perhaps because your not aiming correctly in the last second due to panic and stress in the box?

Don't know, maybe the problem here is not the game itself, but between the tv and the chair. Or, rather a user error.
;-)

what a tease....just rang my local choices, have u got the new fifa in yet?

yes we have it in......

(silent wahoo from me)

...buttt we cant sell it until tomorrow!

ARGH! wanted to pop in on way home from wrok

I thought that at least one shop in my area would break the release. So retarded - if they have the game - then they should sell it.

Can't wait till tomorrow - I will play an Arsenal vs Spurs match as my first game - on an easier level so hopefully the scum don't beat me.

Its gonna be great.

In the team selection page, click triangle to "Edit" - done it myself before a game with Villa - moved the two wingers further out and set them to run inside (get an 8 way choice like PES).

can you do this online to?

also how do you select international online

thanks

Anyone else watching Premier League All Stars on Sky One? Pretty good stuff! :)

Now I know where that fucking annoying bell sound comes from when you watch Portsmouth play! Anyone played with/against Portsmouth on FIFA? Is that constant bell sounding during the match on the game?

Anyone else with impressions? MJP? Worth £55?

Last edited by a moderator:

Right guys, I'm having a bit of a problem that's really getting to me. Am I doing something wrong here?

In manager mode, I play one game (I've tried not touching sprint for the entire 90 minutes) and the next game every player is on 30%-35% fitness. You dare play them again and they will be dead before the end of the first half. This is with a League One team (Tranmere) and it's made the first ten games or so unbearable.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this because it's only the first few games of the season? Does this happen for the Premiership teams as well? This could have the potential to wreck the manager mode... I really hope I'm doing something wrong...

Played my first game online, I LOVE THIS GAME! :)

I was ManU against some English dude with Chelsea. I thought maybe I was in for a beating, since my only FIFA experience has come from this year's demo.
No way, I completely dominated the park, Ronaldo was performing move after move, I shot like hell and it ended 0-0 regular time. lol

Just as E.T. starts, I score twice in a row, no chance. Near the end of the match he scored a typical Chelsea goal, cross, defensive header, shot, rebound, shot goal.

It was great, no lag at all, completely enjoyed it. :)

Then I played two offline games against a mate, and I was jumping out of my seat with near goal situations. This is great. :D

Right guys, I'm having a bit of a problem that's really getting to me. Am I doing something wrong here?

In manager mode, I play one game (I've tried not touching sprint for the entire 90 minutes) and the next game every player is on 30%-35% fitness. You dare play them again and they will be dead before the end of the first half. This is with a League One team (Tranmere) and it's made the first ten games or so unbearable.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this because it's only the first few games of the season? Does this happen for the Premiership teams as well? This could have the potential to wreck the manager mode... I really hope I'm doing something wrong...

The fitness and stamina thing really annoys me - I got pissed off with PES because of the same thing, you had to keep changing half your team around every game. Its ridiculous - is very unrealistic and will be a big problem for me when I get this game.

I was ManU against some English dude with Chelsea. I thought maybe I was in for a beating, since my only FIFA experience has come from this year's demo.
No way, I completely dominated the park, Ronaldo was performing move after move, I shot like hell and it ended 0-0 regular time. lol

Just as E.T. starts, I score twice in a row, no chance. Near the end of the match he scored a typical Chelsea goal, cross, defensive header, shot, rebound, shot goal.

Then I played two offline games against a mate, and I was jumping out of my seat with near goal situations. This is great. :D

PS3 or 360 online?

give a nice review mate, i need more reassurance

Yah 1st post here! JB..i can answer your question!

On fifa 06 and 07 on the ps2, this was exactly the same. any team below championship and you wouldn't last more than 2/3 games without them being all knackered!!! really annoyed the hell out of me to!!

Only cure was..to stick it out until a break in games and they recovered, or to buy loads of cheap (really rubbish stats) players to bulk up the team, and then just do a Rafa Benetiz (sp?) and squad rotate constantly every game. Then wait a couple of seasons until you can afford to upgrade your staff, so your players will recover quicker that way!

But this isnt every league...just league 1 & 2 type teams, prem and Champ level teams will be fine. :)

bollocks, just been to Asda and at 9pm would not sell it to me, they said come back at 12.................feckin jobs worth.

Anyone know how i can challenge a friend in my buddylist on fifa08 online (for the PS3) because this the first game i see that doesnt have a invite option.. also what i rly find annoying is that after doing 1 online game you need to relog again on the online lobby when you finished your match..

Back
Top Bottom