FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I'm really mad you can't edit players stats. That ruins a whole aspect of realism. With Drogba and Rooney being within the 87-88 range and Van Persie with 82. Unreal. Plus, I love editing so this hits me hard. :(

These players are young so it gives us some room to train and improve them while we play the manager mode.
Ronaldinho is only 90 and Van Nistelrooy is only 85 so Van Persie 82 isn't that low comparatively.
If all the players were amazing it would give us nothing to do while playing the game.

What has overall stats to do with the peformance of the players? Nothing!

Man if Drogba has real high offensive stats like shooting, reaction header, the other for his position not so important stats are low but who need drogba as a defender right?

Incorrect :roll: The point of stats is to get the player acting like their real-life counterpart. Drogba's defensive attributes are important to get him to play like reallife.

Correct. I beleive Jack mentioned that you have to earn XP-Experience Points to edit players.

No not in Manager Mode, plain edit mode. In FIFA 07 you had to buy edit mode points from the shop in order to edit player's stats. The Manager Mode XP points idea is brilliant. But in edit mode, I just want to edit my player's stats without having to win 20 game in order to buy stats points, just so Clichy actually plays like Clichy.

Incorrect :roll: The point of stats is to get the player acting like their real-life counterpart. Drogba's defensive attributes are important to get him to play like reallife.

yes his stats are important but he is a defense wall? i don't think so. His stats and many others reflect perfect their real counterparts.

There are so many more aspects that do count about the player....the traits and so on. The overallstats are are hint for you to get an overview without going into depth

Cesc 85, RVP 82? No way! Just because Henry left doesn't mean that Arsenal are dead team, EA think otherwise considering no important player got their stats updated, in fact some fell. I'd just like to remove that injustice.

I don't think it's an injustice. In the game where you can choose the player for the Arena, it's easy to compare all players skills and understand how the game works.

There's a lot of stats in different categories such as offense, defense, technics, skills... Basically, a player with 80 is one of the few stars.

So the global stat is meaningless because a player can be very good in attack and total shit in another category. But when you use a player, it feels like the real player and that's the most important.

I think EA did a good job.

I don't think it's an injustice. In the game where you can choose the player for the Arena, it's easy to compare all players skills and understand how the game works.

There's a lot of stats in different categories such as offense, defense, technics, skills... Basically, a player with 80 is one of the few stars.

So the global stat is meaningless because a player can be very good in attack and total shit in another category. But when you use a player, it feels like the real player and that's the most important.

100% agree.

Everything in English, Portuguese manual only.

Well, that's great news. I was a bit concerned about the game language, I didn't want to be forced to listen to the portuguese commentators while playing. I'm really looking forward to the English commentary, since it's been highly improved. :p

On the other hand, there's no way I'll get the game today. Just got back from the shop and they still don't have it, though they've told me they're probably going to get the game tomorrow. They better do. :|

yes his stats are important but he is a defense wall? i don't think so. His stats and many others reflect perfect their real counterparts.

There are so many more aspects that do count about the player....the traits and so on. The overallstats are are hint for you to get an overview without going into depth

Nobody said he was a defensive wall, but I can almost 100% Guarantee that Drogba will have incorrect defensive attributes - such as tackling of around 20 - or Fabregas of tackling of 70-80

for everyone complaing about stats. Do what i did last year. every player has a certain alotment towards something like goalkeeping and any other oddity they have no business playing anyway. just take from those attributes and it will give you more points to work with toward the attributes that ARE important

I notice certain members just can't handle the fact that FIFA 08 is a really good game. Why is this? Isn't it better if we have more choice of games? Do Konami pay these guys to love their product year-in, year-out, even though they keep churning out the same crap? I have given Konami so much of my hard-earnt cash over the years and how do they repay me? With a last-gen, Disney footy game. No thanks Seabass!

whoops

Shit. I'm pissed I can't edit stats at will. Online play with default stats is Ok. But playing with my mates? Goddamn it, I'm looking at Di Maria from Benfica, hes probably the fastest dribbler at Benfica right now. In the game he's shit, slower than a zombie... :(:(:(:(:(

Shit. I'm pissed I can't edit stats at will. Online play with default stats is Ok. But playing with my mates? Goddamn it, I'm looking at Di Maria from Benfica, hes probably the fastest dribbler at Benfica right now. In the game he's shit, slower than a zombie... :(:(:(:(:(

Have you tried to edit him?

this overal rating number just posions our head...if there werent this number, people would actually see palyers stat by stat, and would notice that its pretty much accurate, except for TEVEZ having 91 in FK on the demo..thats ridiculous.

thank the EA portuguese researchers for that :(

I'm still getting over the fact you can't edit players stats in edit mode at will. I was sure EA would fix that. I guess not. airjoca, could you post Hertha Berlin stats and for the best player all the traits, etc.

The logo is different from your avatar, but I think I got the right team...

Buy me a beer? :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Amazing you've literally made my day.

true. The kit is their new one! I'm love some EA Fifa 08 right now. they really did their hoemwork with the kits..

airjoca, I'll buy you a whole six pack if you fill my request! Hertha Berlin stats, with the best player could you show all of his traits, attributes, etc.

airjoca, can you take shots of some brazilian teams, like Sao Paulo or Cruzeiro, and confirm if Internacional (named Porto Alegre in the PC Version) and Fluminense (named Flu Rio, i think) aren't in the game?

finally I got the german PS3 version

- prematch intros have the same stuttering like the demo
- german commentators suck
- player responses are perfect
- manager mode has ui cup, uefa cup and CL (I simulated one season)
- league table at the end of the season is realistic. I played bundesliga and bayern was champion etc
- manager mode shits on master league
- fifa08 > pes2008
- cpu shoots very good even at the easiest level.
- netherland national team isnt licensed. kits and names are fucked up

now I am going to play some serious matches

Last edited:

airjoca, can you take shots of some brazilian teams, like Sao Paulo or Cruzeiro, and confirm if Internacional (named Porto Alegre in the PC Version) and Fluminense (named Flu Rio, i think) aren't in the game?

i can confirm that ...they are unlicensed. my friend who got the game showed me in his webcam. (add america-Rn to that list.)

Back
Top Bottom